main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Insomniac/Maniac Writer's Association

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth_Fruitcake, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    For those who love staying up late, reading/writing stories long into the night, I have decided to create (along with my co-founder, Melyanna) the Insomniac/Maniac Writer's Association; aka IMWA.
    We shall stay up long hours into the night, acting foolish and utterly irrational. We will be fruitcakes (no relation), and strike insanity into the hearts of those who dare oppose us.
    We shall have craziness! We shall have un-order! And most of all, we shall have no sense of sleepyness whatsoever, nor rational thought! (example: the word un-order is not a word, therefore, it is devoid of rational thought. You with me?)
    The question is...

Can you handle the challenge?

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Melyanna, victim of loud roommate who only lets her have quiet time for work in the wee hours of the morning, reporting for roll call!

Where's Ish? She qualifies!

;)

3. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Say IMWA three times fast.
    Of course, I am the only one in my family who has mastered every tongue twister artfully...

She sells sea shells down by the sea shore.

[face_devil]

And yes, Ish definitely qualifies!! And anyone else who stays up late, acting goofy.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    can'tsleepthecloneswillgetme...can'tsleeptheclones
    willgetme...

:D

I'm up for staying up late! I haven't slept in the past four weeks! I'm running off of pure adrenaline!!!

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    IMWA IMWA IMWA!

I have a roommate who, when I am tired, doesn't shut up because I'm finally a person who understands a word she says in English. When she's tired, I can't sleep.

6. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I'm here too! Night owl without roommate assistance, though when La Roommie is in town, it's not so much by choice.

I resent sleeping! Total waste of time, imho. Well, except in the morning, which is good for nothing anyway, but for some reason, they like me to show up at work at the ungodly hour of 9am... :)

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Sleep,
    Those little slices of death;
    Oh, how I loath them.

~Poe

Or something like that, I could have gotten the quote wrong :D

8. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Ha. I'd forgotten that quote. Knew there was a reason I liked Poe (other than that he knew how to scare the bejeebers out of me). :D

9. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    heh, it's fairly late now ... my roommate lets me sleep sometimes ... others she wakes me up by throwing temper tanrums ...

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Well I qualify for staying up late and just chatting with most of you guys ;) Though I have three rowdy kids living next door, that just won't sleep!

Am [face_love]

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, if crazy and weird people qualify, then Am and I SURELY DO!!! ;) :p :D

Ever since I came to this university and realized that we have computer labs with FREE Internet that are open till late night, I've been staying there till midnight or 1:00 a.m. every day (in averaeg). Studying? No! Reading and writing SW fanfics! ;) :D (if my parents knew this, they'd probably kill me).

So, I believe that I qualify... :D

12. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Ugh! Studying...

*shudders*

Please tell me that there's a POINT to biology? If not, I think I'll quit school.

:D

13. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I stay up late because my wife insists that I be up while she works on her thesis. I have no idea why, it's not like I can contribute anything.

Also, it's the only time I get to talk to the Seraglio! :D

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    And we thank you for it, Kirk. The Seraglio suffers from withdrawal. ::Note from audience.:: Oh? I'm the only one? Not true!

15. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I'm already a night person...and I'm already crazy, so I guess I qualify.

16. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    WOW! A place for the crazy people!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!! Considering I'm too crazy to be a complete Dark Sider :_| this is great :D :D :D :D :D

I don't have any roomates (I'm still in High School) but I do have a normal sister who *loves* to kick me off the computer..... anyways, I do have a weird sleeping schedule! :p 24 hours straight.....

hehehehehe!!!!

17. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *deep breath* My name is padawan lunetta and I am a mush addict.

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Oops.... wrong thread ;)

I'm an insomniac too, some of my best posts come from 2:00 a.m insanity ;) There's something about the late hours that makes writing flow more smoothly, and chatting that much funner. ;) :D

19. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I stay up late at night because, damn it, sunlight hurts my eyes. ;)

20. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    LOL, Casper_Knightshade.

I think I qualify. Considering the difference between board time and my time zone, I think Casper can vouch for me in that I do most of my posting between 11 pm and 1 am.

Today is an exception, but I'm still half asleep..... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

21. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I the midnight hour seems to be the most creative time for me. Of course my parents yell at me because my typing keeps them up :p

22. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Oh, yes! Parents can be a problem. My mom lets me stay up as late as I want to, but I have to suffer the consequenses the next day when she wakes me up at 8. But, unlike most teenagers, I can get by on only 6 hours of sleep.
    I didn't think I'd get such a huge response...
    BTW, who's in charge of snacks? I was thinking sleeping pills, for those who actually WANT to sleep; Mountain Dew and coffee for those who wanna stay up all night being crazy; and, of course, for those poor souls who are unfortunately kept awake all night by constipation...

Laxatives [face_devil]

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL constipation?

Ah, mountian dew sounds good. I'll bring some munchies, like chocolate :)

24. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Not Dew... ewww... Must have Jolt. All the sugar and twice the caffeine. Yum.

Ice cream would be good. 7-11 (24-hours, my kind of place) started selling these waffle-cone ice cream sandwiches recently.

And late night absolutely requires take-out Chinese food. Practically inedible is, of course, best, but merely wretched is usually good enough. :)

25. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, DF and I have come up with a great idea: IMWA meetings!

These will be held in an AIM chatroom, starting at approximately 7 PM CST (probably a little later than that, actually) and lasting till whenever. We'd like to hold the first meeting before December 14, so those of you who are interested should PM me with dates which will not work. (Having your AIM screen name would also be good. :D )

So, get me that information as quickly as possible! See you all later!
    Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.