main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Believe me, he was right... enjoy your vacation.

2. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I mean it's weird that the guy wasn't wearing a mask like the other Knights but the character is indeed credited as a Knight of Ren in the official credits which the actor has also confirmed.

I'll link back to this post of mine a while ago where I posted concept art scans. Going by that art it would appear there were always seven knights but that was without Kylo counted among them. Which would fit in with what the vision seems to be telling us which is that there were 7 other knights + Kylo, so you initially had 8 before Kylo killed one of them, bringing the number back down to 7.

darth_frared likes this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    IrisBest

I know, which was why I was confused as to who he was at first.

IrisBest likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe the KoR have a "Rule of 7" and you can't join unless you kill one of them.

IrisBest likes this.
  5. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    I wonder what the Knights of Ren think of Palpatine and if they are the sum total of the new post-Vader dark side religion.

6. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015

The sword in the stone comes to mind when thinking about Rey pulling the lightsaber.

darth_frared and nld3 like this.
  7. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005

And just on an aside, interesting that he idolizes Vader, when Vader had a moment of 'weakness' and killed Palpatine whereas Palpatine was Dark till the end.

Tanjint likes this.
  8. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I sure hope not.

9. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    True, but Palpatine isn't family.Besides, Ben probably wants to restore his family legacy.

SkooterNB and Tanjint like this.
  10. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005

Please no!

I'm hoping that they are a dark side countermeasure to the Jedi order. Of course, I also hope that they are force sensitive; a corrupted group of Luke's students who fell prey to Snoke's temptations. The idea of having more dark Jedi than heroes seems to be a nice inversion of the PT's 'rule of two' which pretty much made the hundreds of Jedi Knights feel more than a bit underutilized.

11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Agreed, I'd much prefer that the KOR had no set limit on it's membership. It just comes down to a particular would-be recruits power-level, skill-set, determination, devotion to the Dark Side, and fanaticism.

Which, by it's very natural, would tend to limit the number of members anyway (since the vast majority of people would lack all of those traits).

12. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Would you guys prefer Kylo is the only Lightsabre user or would you be ok for others to use Lightsabres? They may or may not be Force Sensitive.

I'd lean on only Kylo having a Lightsabre, but others having weapons that can go toe to toe with a Sabre, like the Riot Baton or similar.

13. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of like the idea oft them all using different weapons. It makes them a bit more unique/distinctive. Plus, they looked really cool in Rey's vision.

14. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

yeah they did, Though I do have this imagine where they all bust out Red Lightsabres, Whilst I don't want it to happen I do think Visually it'd look extremely badass :p

15. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    True, but them having more "customized" weapons is also awesome to. Heck the one guy looks like he has a huge anime sword, that's just cool.

16. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015
    this guy?

[​IMG]

It does look feckin' awesome! I thought it was like a "Grenade" Launcher or something, But it could be some sort of massive melee weapon.

Looking at this picture....If we don't the Knights of Ren in this Trilogy I will be hugely disappointed!

Lucillalin and MeBeJedi like this.
  17. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    ^^^Damn....that's a nice pic!

Lucillalin and jimmycrank like this.
  18. SkooterNB

Mar 4, 2005
    I think it would be neat to see some with lightsabers, or weapons utilizing the technology. It is neat that Kylo built this lightsaber with a broken kyber crystal, probably the only one he could find, and it would be pretty cool if the KoR had some sort of equivalent to the Jedi in finding their crystal and creating their blade.

19. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

here's one without the red mark I made :p
    [​IMG]

Is there anyone supremely skilled enough with Photoshop to remove the rain?? perhaps make it a little brighter as well :p

Colm likes this.
  20. SkooterNB

Mar 4, 2005

It's so itty bitty...

jimmycrank likes this.
  21. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Yeah "customized" Sabers.

22. Idril

Idril Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2016
    Recently I've been thinking about the implications of Driver referring to the knights as a "satellite group." At first I interpreted this to mean a satellite op, as in a black ops group that works independent from the First Order. I don't think that interpretation is necessarily wrong, but after a little research, I've come across the term
    "satellite group" most frequently within pharmacometric investigations. Pharmacometric satellite groups are basically lab rats. They're animals subject to toxicity studies. Here's a great definition of satellite animals from an article on drug exposure and rodents: "Satellite animals are extra animals dosed as per protocol but not subjected to toxicological and pathological observations and tests. Instead, they are used exclusively for the evaluation of pharmacokinetic characteristics of the test compound." [x]

If the KoR are satellite creatures, then they must have a creator. The only two people I can see creating satellite test groups for evaluation are Luke and/or Snoke.* In the TFA visual dictionary, the KoR are referred to as the Seven Light. Interestingly -yet not surprisingly considering this is SW- "seven light" has strong Biblical connotations. See: "Then you shall make its lamps seven in number; and they shall mount its lamps so as to shed light on the space in front of it." (Exodus 35:37) and "Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." (Revelation 4:5). Like satellite animals, seven lamps serve/honor a creator. In the Biblical sense: God. In the context of SW, creator-God could either mean Luke or Snoke. For Jedi, Luke would be a Master (a Christlike reference), and Snoke is constantly referred to as "Supreme Leader." Driver makes a point to say that the KoR existed before [his character], either before Kylo's descent to the Dark or before Ben's birth, which still leaves both Luke and Snoke as creator options. Seven Light certainly has a "good" connotation, which makes me wonder whether the KoR weren't the Jedi that Kylo "destroyed." Meaning, Luke as their creator. Meaning, Luke tested them with a "compound." Some sort of Force experimentation?

*Advocating for creator Snoke: In the TFA novelization, Snoke makes a point to describe Kylo as material with which he can mould. Snoke is interested in fashioning a so-called "masterpiece" out of Light and Dark, which sounds quite a bit like satellite-creator-God to me. I doubt an "artist" like Snoke went to town on perfect "material" such as Ben|Kylo without practice. So who's to say his past practice, and prior satellite experiment groups, weren't members of the Knights of Ren? In tin hat crazy theory land, harkening back to immaculate conception Force babies created by the Dark (re: Anakin), maybe this is what the KoR is comprised of? Dark experiments?

Sarge and Darth Krayt like this.
  23. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    The First Order snatches young children, right...to train them for war. Couldn't they also test these children for Force sensitivity similar to the Jedi screening program? Could it be possible that out of the presumably tens of thousands children the First Order has 'recruited', that 6 of them were Force sensitive? And could it be possible that Snoke can't properly train them himself so he seduces Kylo to do it for him?

Perhaps this is why Rey was abandoned. Perhaps the First Order had identified her as a Force sensitive and was pursuing her so her family hid her and probably met their fate shortly after. Hmm...Rey could have ended up a Knight of Ren.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I take it to mean he is referring to them more like a satellite state, in that they answer to Snoke, who is also leader of the First Order, but are otherwise independent in their affairs.

25. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Idril, I doubt Adam Driver used pharmacological jargon in explaining to a reporter who the KoR were. Most likely he meant "follower", "subservient", or "supplementary" -- which are various layman meanings of satellite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.