main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Last Jedi Advance Ticket Sales - Monday October 9th

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Oct 3, 2017.

1. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Booked tickets for the midnight showing for my local in Tunbridge Wells. Odeon was working fine, though the confirmation email took a worryingly long time to come through.

I still have to pinch myself to check that we're getting these movies at all.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Thanks to arjank for securing our Amsterdam tickets for 7am on 13th December with the TFA&TLJ double screening + another TLJ screening on 1:15pm. :D:cool:

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Has Fandango broken down yet?

4. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    Yeah, it's going to be EPIC! :cool:

nightangel likes this.
  5. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    For some reason Cineworld has the midnight showing at 12.05 am but the 1st IMAX isn't until 3.30 a.m. So just booked the normal screening and will IMAX at a later date.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Have now my 3rd ticket, this time in Frankfurt in German on 15th friday afternoon. :)
    Also bought a ticket for tomorrow afternoon for Blade Runner. :)

7. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I just got my tickets for my family for my local Regal 11:45 AM Sunday the 17th! I am super excited but I never got my offer for a free poster did they run out? I actually haven't gotten my e mail confirmation yet but the tickets are hanging on my wall in two places in my house! I did print at home tickets!

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    It's because the midnight IMAX is part of the double bill with TFA that starts at 21:00 on the 13th

Sithblade11 likes this.
  9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Alright wow they just did a horrible job with the LISTINGS I'm not going crazy after all!

If you want easy good tickets and think you missed out, you didn't. Obviously many fans didn't look closely and I didn't at all.

If you go to Fandango all you will see listed on the front page is Last Jedi and Last Jedi Fan Event. You actually have to TYPE Star Wars into the search to find the double feature and for instance my local theater that is already almost sold out of the 9 pm IMAX has barely sold maybe 20-25% of the seats for the IMAX double feature! I don't think that's because fans are cheap or don't care to see TFA again. I just don't think most of us even knew this was an option. If you go to the theater listing directly it is NOT listed! For any theater. The ONLY way to see it is to search for the event itself and select from that menu. Otherwise no matter how hard you look under "theater name" Last Jedi showings *you won't find it.* So I just got 3 pm IMAX tickets which would mean Last Jedi starting at 6 pm. It has to start then because there's a 9 pm IMAX already so it can't start later than maybe 6:10.

Thankfully Fandango VIP has refunds so I can just get a refund on my 9 pm IMAX ticket. Or my 12:30 am. Whatever. Either one but I can't do 3 pm to 3 am Star Wars lol not when I'm headed back Friday.

So IF you have an IMAX in town and didn't realize this, look and see. You may be surprised what good seats are available. I got center seats on a decent row, maybe 40% between front and back. J is the best row, I got G, so not bad.

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Are the IMAX shows In 3-D I really don't want to see the movie In 3-D I like 3-D but not for Star Wars. So far the best 3-D I have ever seen is The Original Jurassic Park when they re released it in 3-D IMAX things didn't pop out at you it looked like you were on the shoulders of the characters in the movie! I also loved Avatars 3-D set the standard really! not that any of this matters the only IMAX theater near me is the AMC In Sarasota which is a bit to far to see a movie for me. I don't know maybe I will venture to Sarasota to see it in January or February but probably not when there is a Regal 15 minutes away...

11. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Checking and comparing sales of advance tickets between my 2 locations Amsterdam, Netherlands and Frankfurt, Germany. Sales in Amsterdam are very good and most evening screenings are close to sold out. In Frankfurt, you even have not more than 1-5 people in evening screenings on weekend 8pm. Looks very bad for Germany, but sadly a little expected. :(

12. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

do they not like Star Wars in Germany?

13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    It was big in the 70's and 80's when I was a kid. It faded with the prequels and TFA got some backlash. But I think also something else is a reason, we have a big media backlash towards Trump here and so what US represents. And Star Wars is very American. I think it is a combination of these things, but still hope people change their mind when the release comes closer. [face_dunno]

14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Still not giving up on you Marathon..

nightangel likes this.
  15. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I promise you we have just as much of a media backlash here. Unfortunately, one very loud channel and its minority of very loud "fans" have convinced themselves they're in the majority and its affecting us all.

And to think, Star Wars is one of my passions I use to distract myself from the Orange & Red/White/Blue Nightmare. Sucks that it is getting caught up in this crap abroad. :(

my kind of scum and nightangel like this.
  16. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The movie will do just fine. There is always a rush for the midnight premiere and not so much for the later weekend. All that will come in time. Seeing how even OVs are rather full already, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. The prequels started with 1.79m, 1.85m, 1.96m, while TFA topped 2m admissions, a number hardly anything else comes even close to, this one won't be any different.

I wouldn't say that Star War has declined in any way either. Nor would it being american have any influence on how it fares. No one connects Star Wars to Trump.

The original movies had 8m, 5m and 5m admissions, that includes re-releases and the special edition, though the numbers obviously only include West Germany for the original releases. The prequels stand at 9m, 5.7m and 5.6m, while TFA is actually on top of all Star Wars movies with a bit above 9m admissions.
    Germany was the third biggest foreign market for TFA, behind the UK and China. In terms of money made, only Avatar and Titanic exceed what TFA made in Germany. The movie also holds by far the biggest opening weekend in terms of money (€25.3 million compared to the next one at 17.7m).

Since 2010, these are the only movies opening above 1.5m admissions in Germany:
    1. TFA (2015) 2.14m
    2. Fack ju Göhte 2 (2015) 2.11m
    3. Skyfall (2012) 1.9m
    4. Harry Potter 7.1 (2010) 1.77m
    5. Spectre (2015) 1.68m
    6. Harry Potter 7.2 (2011) 1.61m

TLJ might drop a bit when it comes to the total, but that is completely normal for a sequel and very much in line with what happened with the OT and PT. When it comes to opening weekend, it will be right where the other main episodes have been, among the very best starts ever.

Xinau likes this.
  17. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Are they just doing this at one theater or a very limited amount? Seems odd that there's hardly any information on it. I was hoping AMC would do it again but nope. Cinemark is about only other chain in the city I live and they aren't doing it either again from what I can tell.

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Anyone have any ideas what the exclusive content will be for the opening night fan event?

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I keep checking to see if they've added any showings but nope. I don't understand why they'd announce the thing and then only have one theater actually showing it.

B99 and Guidman like this.
  20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Got my group of 8 just before halftime. Went back to check again; sold out in minutes. Boom!

21. MikeF

MikeF Jedi Knight

Aug 28, 2013
    I almost exclusively go to the AMC theater closest to my house, and it switched to reserve seating a few years ago. I can't believe how I basically take it for granted now. It's just so much easier for me to have a seat already reserved so I can just roll in a few minutes before the lights go down. It's especially awesome for movies I see on opening day but don't take off the whole day; I just leave work as late as I can knowing I don't have to worry about getting stuck with a junk seat.

22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Bought tickets for my wife and I for 7 pm on the 14th and then an evening show for us and my daughter on the 15th (We want to watch it first to make sure that she can handle it... and it gives us an excuse to see it twice right away.)

No fan events or double features at our local theatres, though, so that's a bummer.

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    disappointing.. Oh well..

24. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    For the Portland metro area, we only had 1 theater showing the Marathon, and I believe it was then the only Oregon theater having a marathon at all in 2015. We sat next to people who not only got there hours earlier (we were 4 hours early) but also from many hours away. Lots of people made the commute across the state for that marathon screening. There are some die-hard fans that's for sure!

In any case, unless it is indeed something where it just hasn't been announced yet for theaters, Bridgeport doesn't have a marathon this time around. It has no listings in my area at all for the marathon. Not that I am interested anyway, it was cool doing it once, sorta say you did kinda thing, but it was not honestly a lot of fun.

25. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    D'oh, peed about not realising this. Was still half asleep when booking it this morning. Seeing TFA on a laser IMAX blew away the normal 2d screen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk