main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Man Without Fear

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I kind of liked that ;D

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Wow...sorry to de-rail the Daredevil discussion. When was the last time you saw a doctor?...it was back in March, but that's another story.

I DO NOT like Tim Burton's work...I think he's got some serious issues (watch "The Black Cauldron" Disney) who is obsessed with dark/morbid movies. Joel Schumacher made some serious mistakes in "Batman & Robin"...but I like the overall look of "Batman Returns"

I thought Val Kilmer made a good Bruce Wayne, George Clooney was better. I never thought of Michael Keaton as a good Bruce Wayne...I kept saying "it's Mr. Mom in a cape".

((joker shots at Batman, tearing a hole in his cape. Batman lays on the ground wounded...then sits up))
    BATMAN: I love this shirt!((falls down))

:D

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    one of the reasons i love tim burton IS "the black cauldron" first off... it got him fired from disney, and anybody who makes a work that gets him fired from disney is all right in my book!

and ya gotta love GURGI!

sidenote: what was in that movie that was so much worse than "Lilo and Stitch?"

-b-

4. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I may be twisted but I do like some of Tim Burton's movies. I do have to be in the right mood to watch some of them, though. I know it sounds crazy but I really liked "Nightmare Before Christmas" and also the first two Batman movies. BTW, I read somewhere that Ewan will start filming a Tim Burton movie called "Big Fish" sometime early next year.

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    The first 2 Batmans were awesome in my book. Batman Forever was ok... but Batman & Robin was garbage.

I used to be really scared of Edward Scissorhands when I was a kid, but since growing up, that movie is really awesome too. I also like the Nightmare Before Christmas. As for the "re-imagining" of Planet of the Apes, I think Burton's head could use some "re-examining," totally awful.

Just my nickel minus 3 pennies.

6. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    This might come as a shock to all of you, but I was wrong. It wasn't Colin Farrell in Velvet Goldmine, it was Christain Bale. I got confused because my friend was obsessed with Christain Bale, and then she was obsessed with Colin Farrell, and I mixed up the two.

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I really don't like Burtons work that much, their are only a few films of his that I like, but you have to admite, when it comes to DARK films, he has a very distinctive style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.