main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The most important thing we DON'T know.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    How does R2D2 travel from a flashback all the way to the end of TFA magically appear to decode where Luke is? According to the rumors Luke leaves R2 in the flashback. Then all of a sudden R2 is hanging out with the droid posse at the end of the movie. Does R2 have the ability to move over 80mph and generate 1.21 Gigawatts of power?

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wtf are you talking about? r2 gets to leia and stays with her for years (i assume).

3. Darth Dookacas

Sep 29, 2014
    Where is that mentioned? How does R2 get to Leia? Luke just leaves him in the flashback.

Seeher likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    obviously r2 isn't abandoned on some planet by himself forever. fill in the blanks.

5. Darth Dookacas

Sep 29, 2014
    WTF I thought this was a thread about what we don't know. Im glad I got you here to tell me to fill in the blanks.

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  6. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  7. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    The story.

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Obviously, the most important piece of missing information is the run time. I need to know this. If I'm planning my toilet breaks, I need the specifics. A minute over and I may wet myself.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

I wonder how did Luke leave the planet where the academy attack happened, if R2 stays there? Luke doesn't fly with an X-Wing? R2 can fly alone, or he is picked up by someone later?

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think the lightsaber holds the key to all of the mysteries in this movie and is thus the ONE important thing we don't know.

That said, the first segment of the movie (up until Rey and Finn meet) really seems like a Godawful mess! After that, the movie actually seems rather straight forward, even if repetitive. So, it's fair to say we really don't know or understand how the first quarter of the movie really goes or what it means or even what is actually happening.

11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I agree. I also think it is the key to the movie. If the Bespin lightsaber story line is interesting and plausible, then I think the whole movie will fall into place. If it's idiotic and seems like just an awful attempt at nostalgia, then the whole movie could collapse.

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    BINGO!!! Someone actually gets it!

13. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I purposely didn't drink or eat anything 4 hours prior to watching LOTR ROTK so that I wouldn't have to get up to go to the restroom.

Man was it ever worth it, I was able to watch the entire movie without a break.

I plan to do the same for TFA.

14. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    If the Academy was attacked by Kylo surely he left a ship in local space to watch for Luke to arrive and\or leave.

R2 would have taken the X-wing without Luke and the crew would've pick up "no life forms aboard" readings.

15. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    but how did Rose end up on the same planet as Leia, if she was present at the academy attack? And why do they need Rose with her vision? R2 could have told the story, since he was present as well? [face_dunno]

16. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015

http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/0...-wars-the-force-awakens-teaser-trailer-2.html

This was proven not factual for Teaser #2.

However I suspect it might hold credibility for another trailer or TV spot maybe?

17. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Will Jar Jar show up? [face_whistling]

iluvkoalas likes this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I used to think that the reason why they looked like that is because the Emperor was always in control of them, and that their appearances was a reflection of the toll it took to keep control over them. They were nothing more than Imperial Dignitaries in name, but puppets all the same.

19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    LANDO_ROCKS

Problem is, Uber seems likely to be a mo-capped creature (performed by Andy Serkis). Why would an elderly man need to be digital?

20. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Remember the scene with the librarian ghost in Ghostbusters?

Maybe he can appear quite normal when he wants to but morphs into something more hideous when he's away from the rank and file of the First Order?

After all, would an alien really be able to command an army of humans? Wouldn't that be weird?

We have in-universe examples in Pam Wessel the shapeshifter assassin.

Just a wild theory mind you.

21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @ Lando_Rocks

Or like Lo Pan in "Big Trouble in Little China".

That could work.

22. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    We're did Kylo Ren come from?! Who is Uber?! Why is Luke hiding while the First Order is destroying things?! How has no one won in 30 freakin years?!

23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

Edit: the most important thing we don't know? The plot.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years'_War_(1415–53)
    One major war of the 100 Years' War between France and England lasted 38 years. The whole thing was 116 years as well.

darklordoftech and TK327 like this.
  25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Yeah that's the vibe.

Although another thing - Andy has also been acting a bit (not just mo-cap) like his appearance in the Avengers and he's also booked to play the same role in the Black Panther film.

[​IMG]

The only rumour about 'Uber' is that he appears to be 'zombie-like' that might just need make-up and wouldn't necessarily be an alien.

Is there any quotes that say Andy Serkis is definitely playing a mo-cap character? Maybe he's acting and just helping Lupita with her Rose performance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.