main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The Movie I Watched Last Night

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kaety, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I have decided to start this thread to discuss the last movie you watched- whether a stupid B-movie rental or in the theater or even on TV.

2. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We watched a B-movie called Avalon.

It was an Eastern European twisted Matrix/gameing art flick. Very bizarre.

3. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    We have started watching the Firefly series again since seeing Serenity.

There are alot of things that jump out now that I never would have paid any attention to before...quite interesting.

[face_pumpkin]

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Last week we watched "Way of the Gun" and "Things to do in Denver When You're Dead" off of Netflix. Not sure what's next on the list.

Both were pretty good.

And at night while I've been staring at books trying to remember all of my lost programming knowledge I've been watching the entire "Bubblegum Crisis 2040" series.

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I watched the movie Incognito last night. Pretty good one.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    twitches. its the new disney movie. sucked so bad and it was the only thing on. the basic story could be used to make a great movie, but disney dumbs everything down to preschool education levels.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Did you ever see Brother's Grimm? Terrible movie!!!!!! Gah! The political state of things that was portrayed was very accurate though, I was quite impressed.

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    the last movie i saw in theatres was serenity. beofre that was ep3. i need to get out more.

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Caught the end of Starship Troopers on TV last night. I keep swearing that I'll read the book, but never do...

10. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    You must read Starship Troopers! That is one of my favorite books and it is quite different from the movie - It's Better!!!

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Same here.

They even just came out with a ST miniatures game. Looks really cool -- they even have the big power suits.

I worked in a call center when the movie came out, and our whole team (we were all friends beforehand, and somehow we all ended up on the same team) would go see the movie at least every other day, and we all became a little...detached...from reality for awhile. At the beginning of work every night we'd all give each other "Death From Above" tattoos and we'd run around the center hunting for bugs.

Is it any wonder that almost the entire team was FIRED all on the same day? LOL.

That's the only job I've ever been fired from. It was a horrible, horrible place. If it was between working there again, and working in a slaughterhouse/dog food factory, I could choose the latter.

One guy wasn't fired, only because he was out sick with the flu the week we got really bad, and when he came back and nobody was there anymore, he quit.

Ah...youth.

12. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I know I'm not part of the SC fanforce but the last movie I watched was ALIEN 3.

13. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Well the movie I watched lastnight was grape sented of the TheForce.net (Very funny)

14. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I caught the end of "Twitches" and i'm still twiching from it....I think it ate some of my brain. [face_skull]

You forgot we watched Sin City this weekend too....I actually liked it, apart from the cannibalism. /shudder

I can't wait for Batman begins to come out tomorrow. [face_love]

Oh yeah, and I saw the new Wallace and Grommit movie. Exactly what I expected it to be, which means it was very funny. :D No cannibalism, only carrotbalism. (I just made up a new word. I'm a SUPER genious. :-B )

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I also watched, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Great one. :D

16. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Ok, I have to put in my $0.02 on Starship Troopers...

***BEGIN RANT***

This was a terrible movie. I sure that Mr. Heinlein was spinning in his grave so fast he burst into flames from the friction.
    I cannot believe Virginia Heinlein allowed it to be made. It completely missed the point.

***END RANT***

Anyway, the book is a must read. I recommend that Joe Haldeman's novel "The Forever War" be read immediately after reading "Starship Trooper." Joe Haldeman's "Forever Peace" is a good read as well.

Regarding games... Avalon Hill published a Starship Troopers game in the late 70's. Mayfair games published a Forever War game in the early 80's.
    Both of these are good hex grid type war games (sorry Zoom... cardboard counters; no miniatures).

As a matter of fact, I have both of these games somewhere in my house... Maybe its time to dig them up.[face_thinking]

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    [vader]NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!![/vader]

At least it can't be a diceless system. Those hadn't been invented yet.

18. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Oh yes... dice they have...
    The six sided cudes... none of those new fangled doseptahedron thingy-ma-bobs.

And lots of little tables to look up results.

Ahhh... The good old days.... **sigh**

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ahhh...charts.

BattleTech still has charts. In fact, they've even ADDED some! The whole inside cover and last 20 pages are nothing but charts. Inner Sphere weapons...Clan weapons...firing underwater...walking on ice...firing torpedoes...volcanic regions...

Clan weapons firing torpedoes underwater in the arctic with Inner Sphere electronic countermeasures in effect while standing near an underwater volcano...

It boggles the mind.

20. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Sweeeeeeeeeet.

21. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Last night we watched _____________________.

Notice that it is blank. I didn't get to watch anything but the hot glue dripping on the ribbon bows I was attaching to my little snowmen...

I did rent Batman Begins tonight though. :D

22. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I watched shaun of the dead again. Dry humor, got to love it.

"I thought we aint goin to use the Zed word?"

23. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Close the front door!!!

I really liked that movie...

And, I really liked Batman Begins!

24. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I bought Batman Begins last night, as well as Cinderella. Guess which we watched.

:D

yes, it WAS Cinderella. At least it was not as bad as I feared...Isabel LOVED it and she kept telling the mice to be careful..."Watch out Jack, NO Jack! RUN!" Of course it was actually the mouse named Gus, but that's a minor detail.

;)

25. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Batman Begins... Very good, at least the part I managed to stay awake for... Dang job, makes me to tired.[face_frustrated]