main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Muppets

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 24, 2011.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Yeah great episode. "...What's Swedish sushi?"

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Swedish Chef is the best. While I didn't LOL at the rap, I absolutely LOVED when he mocked Kermit later in the episode and how he disappeared to avoid Piggy earlier in the episode. Beaker making fun of Miss Piggy also got a rewind while watching it and a big laugh from me.

IGN is giving the show crap for not being "fresh". I love it for what is it and I really hope we keep getting more of it.

"Will somebody peel and eat me?"
    "I've had more fun in a glue trap."

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    that was a phenomenal episode. Best one yet, IMO. I didn't realize how much my life needed Muppets Karaoke until we got it, especially Swedish Chef. Ed Helms was also fantastic in his guest appearance, best one yet (taking the crown from Josh Groban).

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I watch this show for the Swedish Chef.

6. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    I liked Sam the Eagle crushing on Janice. The whole bar segment was awesome.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    This time. [face_plain]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    An episode behind but watched the third episode. Loved the stuff with Fozzie tranq'd with him and Kermit. Funny stuff but nice showing their relationship. And we get to see Rowlf too!

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Solid, but a step below the previous ep. Fozzie's bits were great with Riki Lindhome. Piggy's less so With Reece Whatshername - I can't actually hear what Piggy's saying 1/2 the time. And MORE fat jokes. :/ Never liked Pepe back in the day, but he has great lines. Also, as the Lauper song cover showed (as did the Karaoke last ep) this show needs more musical interludes.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I didn't have any problems hearing Piggy's dialogue. Nonetheless, it was a mediocre episode.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I hope the writing shifts to less Fozzie / Piggy. It's hard to enjoy an episode when it focuses on the least funny / least likeable characters on the show. With that said, there were still some good moments: Sean Penn/Champagne; "I have an associate's degree. I use a towel."

Zero Swedish Chef was also unfortunate. :(

12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    this is pretty sophisticated , more like The Office than the old show .

13. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I agree that the show would benefit from shifting the focus to other characters more often. Miss Piggy's plots are all the same, except that time she fell in love with that singer and Kermit broke them up.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I agree, more musical numbers needed. Music is so engrained into what the Muppets are. This week had some good laughs, but nothing all too memorable

PCCViking likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    This week was probably the best overall episode thus far. It seemed to actually flow, and be cohesive. No stand out funny moments for highest of highlights, and the musical number didn't work. But good overall

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    It was good. Maybe better than last week's.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, it's not hitting all the marks, so a fresh take on the setup could be a good thing. I'm liking it, but not loving it.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Too Hot to Handler
    + Not a lot of Piggy in the latest episode
    + Scooter's storyline
    + Rizzo and Pepe
    - Fozzie and Becky (and Kermit) storyline

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally caught up (good timing with the Xmas episode). I think there's been a lot of solid episodes and at least a couple by laughs in each one. This show has tuned Pepe into a god (in his own mind- "Hey, even God rested on Sunday, sister.") and Deadly usually delivers.

"Can of worms, Fozzie. Can. Of. Worms."
    "Worms! Everywhere!"

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  23. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    The Christmas episode was nice. The whole thing with Piggy and Fozzie and Kermit was well done, I thought.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, they've done a good job with Piggy's non-Diva moments like the Fozzie and Kermit scenes in this episode or Tehran she bought the gift for Kermits girlfriend in that earlier episode.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    New episodes return tomorrow 8:30 PM EST with the new showrunner. I'm a little nervous. I loved the first 10 episodes, but I guess the ratings said different. I hope this soft reboot not only increases the ratings, but keeps up the awesome humor that has existed thus far.