main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mysteries of Jango Fett

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Joseph_Orion, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    the guys funny for a wannabe jedi.

2. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I almost forgot

FETT's suck.

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I picked up Open Seasons 3 yesterday.
    ****SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed it , but it was too short. the last issue ended with- "next issue- fett vs the jedi!" I couldnt wait! Im a little disappointed- the Jedi stuff was cool, but it could have been cooler & there just wasnt enough of it. they could have tied some other backstories in. they kinda do with Dooku- after the battle that kills all the mandalorians & a bunch of jedi- he says "what have we done?"-next page, remembering- "one of the councils many mistakes". I liked that. pretty cool that the battle where Jango looses his whole group, is possibly one of the things that makes Dooku decide to leave the order.

I liked it, but i have a bunch of ideas on what could have made it better.

4. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I loved it. It's blasphemy on my part but... It was short because the Jedi were just way more better than the mandalorians. It wasn't like they were fighting an army, just a bunch of rogue mandalorians. I like how Jango killed the jedi that killed his friend Myles. Breaks his nose with his helmet and then chokes him with that wire. loved it. Jango killed a lot of those Jedi which falls into the same catagory as Darth Maul Shadow Hunter....cool story that makes his movie appearance just silly. If we got the Open Seasons Fett in EpII, it would've been 100 times better and more exciting. I like this part

Sidious "how did he kill so many of your own kind?"

Dooku "with his bare hands..."

lmao that was awesome

5. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    well plus Viszla set them up, it wasn't really the council's fault. it was Vizsla and the governor....now next issue it's gotta be the death of Viszla and Montross...it should be pretty damn good. Really wish there was just a series instead of a mini-series. 4 issues is just horrible, too much story to cram into 4 comic books. If they took their time instead of jumping all over in time, it would be great. I hope they eventually do a one year series or something.

6. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    are you sure Montross dies? the reference in the preview comic kinda leaves that open, i think.

I totally agree that they should have done more issues & maybe they will, but since he's dead now- i doubt it.

******Opens Seasons SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****

y'know that part - standing on the hill... "I am Master Dooku" (which- btw, pretty much destroys the ole sifo-dyas theory) wouldnt it have been cool to have someone else- some faceless guy in the distance- say "I am master Sifo-Dyas"- then he could have entered the battle like evryone else & since we really dont know who survives, he COULD have been killed at Galidraan. Or not. ;) --Just something I thought of when i was reading it. Its something they could have done without messing up any timelines, or histories or anything. Calling him "Master Dooku" sets that in stone & like i said- destroys the SD theory i like so much. --- I dont like that! how do they know?! :_| wah!!!!! :_|

7. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Egads! I'm out for a few, and everyone gets delusions of spoiler. Geez, I'm gonna have to start wearing my blast shield helmet in these threads. Guess I'll have to pick up Open Seasons 3 here soon so's I can catch up.

8. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    OOOOOPS!!! I'm really sorry SS. I have edited my spoiler posts. its too late for you but hopefully i wont spoil someone else.
    Have you had a chance to read any of them yet ?
    Anyone else reading them?

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've read the first two so far. Pretty good. Nice backstories.

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Open Seasons # 3 was ridiculously short. These stories have such potential, as Jango didn't do much more than Boba in the OT from a standpoint of onscreen character development. Sure the Jedi mopped the snow with them, but there could have been much more setup showing how the Jedi came to be involved initially. The only real bonus is how it illustrates how clueless and naive the Jedi council truly is. Some third-rate dictator cries wolf and they jump right into the fray, no questions asked. Granted the Mandalorians fired first, but still the Jedi seemed a little too "hungry" for the fight. For a bunch a guys and gals who allegedly commune with the Force on a daily basis, they sure are clueless. It didn't even take someone of Palpatines wiles to use and abuse them.

By the way, when did comics get so expensive...and so short...?

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Wait a sec, SS.....in that other thread, yu said the Jedi sat around on their "hoo-haws"...now yur sayin' they were "too hungry for a fight...."

Which is it, bro!? FLOL!!!!

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    That IS my point...inconsistency. In AOTC, they're doin' the thumb-sittin' and in Open Seasons they're starrin' in Duran Duran's Hungry Like a Wolf video.

Either way, they're all puppets.

Gee, kinda like their master...

At least Sith are consistent.

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    THat's very true....they all died.

14. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
  15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Hehehehehe......

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    None of that namby pamby vanishin' stuff for us Sith. All or nuthin' baby!

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea, that's the way it goes when yu only got enuf to fill a thimble....gotta use it all....but they all got toasted anyway, and still the fire of the 'light' burns brilliantly!

18. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    SS- I have to agree with you on this one- #3 was too short. man,was it short. the mandalores were cool(duh) & I liked the council being "disconnected". it helps set up the future. The jedi vibe was way off & the fight was just.....weird. It didnt seem right. there was some cool stuff, but- I dont know- I want to like this comic so much, but 3 was a letdown.

19. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    to me 3 just makes me wonder what the hell happened to the Open Seasons Jango Fett. Makes me think less of Ep II. It's like Shadow Hunter and Maul...ridiculous.

20. Red3StandingBy

Red3StandingBy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002

*** Minor spoilers follow for Issue #3 ***

It was cool seeing Jedi Master Dooku finally, though. But green saber on the cover, blue in the story, what's up with that?

And this comic totally changes the context of Jango's AotC line: "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi."

I mean I knew he was being sarcastic, but now that line sounds more like barely restrained fury at the Order that killed all his Mandalorian buddies.

21. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I bet there is some logical explanation for all the "Fett Files" :p

22. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    You know what else i don't get? How would he join sides with someone who slaughtered his whole "family/race" you know? So much stuff to be settled in the last comic.

Montross....there's gotta be some kind of fight with him.

Vizsla.... Obviously this dude is going to die.

Dooku/Jango....their relationship develops somehow.

and the Armor change as well...so much stuff lol we'll see.

23. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    I considered the relationship with Dooku also. It seems strange that they would hook up together. If Dooku leaves the jedi because of what happened at Gallidraan(even in part), that could make him....... tolerable to Jango----?--maybe.

I love the line about meeting Jedi in AOTC. I thought it was cool before, but now... whoa.

One thing though- I watched clones again & the fight between Obi-Wan & Jango--- I'm beginning to think Obi-Wan wins.
    he comes running out to fight- Jango fires & runs. Jango then "attacks" by firing his missle from a distance & his kid gets in a few shots- this knocks Obi-Wan down- but thats it, he jumps right back up to kick Jango out of the air as he flies in. the hand to hand shuffle is even as Obi gets a head kick & Jango gets the headbut. then the cord- Obi gets dragged, but Jango hits the ground HARD. he then stands up & gets immediately kicked over the edge.
    Jango just seemed to take more than he dished out. Obi Wan has to save himself from drowning, but before then- I think he's winning.

24. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    The point is...Jango wins. You could kick the crap out of me for hours but if I stabbed you in the head with a knife you win? lmao :)

25. arrowheadpodracer

Apr 9, 2002
    no...well. thats kindof a lose/lose situation i think. whats really bad is when a jedi smacks you around, and then another one cuts your head off. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.