main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New and Improved 2017 ST Trivia Extravaganza Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Birkendoc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Answer sent

2. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Thus ends the second round of Trivia!

Everyone got the question correct from last week: Maz Katana's appearance is based on a real person, and what is that person's connection to the Star Wars Universe:

Answer: Rose Gilberts, JJ Abrams' high school English teacher (as well as Rick Carter's)

Scores through today:

11-4D: 17 pts
    Ben Yoda Dagobah: 17 pts
    Crazy Old Jedi: 17 pts
    One Quarter Portion: 17 pts
    Eyeore Freak: 16 pts
    Night Angel: 16 pts
    Jedi Master Scorpio: 12 pts
    Red Xavier: 7 pts

One housekeeping item: THERE WILL BE NO TRIVIA THE WEEKEND OF CELEBRATION.

We're moving to the REDEMPTION ROUND, with those with scores of UNDER 12 points. That means red Xavier is the only person in the round. And yes, you get to compete against yourself to play in the final round. I thought about changing the rules to put more in the redemption round, but then after consultation with wise sages (cough Darth Chiznuk who ran the last trivia game cough) I came to the conclusion that CHANGING THE RULES IS WRONG!

So for brevity sake, I'm floating one question to red Xavier. Answer the question correctly, and live to play another week. Get it wrong, and Hasta La Vista Baby.

So, Red, you have one question (the rest of you sit on out this one). You have until THURSDAY (not Sunday) to answer it. Since there is only one question, it will expedite getting to the last round that way. Still message me the answer.

The question is:-----> what needed to be digitally altered on Han Solo during post production of The Force Awakens?

redxavier and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    What an honour! Answer sent.
    [​IMG]

Birkendoc likes this.
  4. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    @redxavier has successfully answered the question What needed to be digitally altered on Han Solo during post-production of the Force Awakens.

-----> Answer: He needed to have digital hair extensions as his hair was a different length when Harrison Ford returned to shooting after breaking his leg. Instead of making him wear something that would not be convincing to give the allusion of more hair, they simply CGI'd Han's hair back to Ford's pre-busticated leg length.

Three points to Gryffindor Redxavier for correctly answering the question which brings RX's point total to 10 and very much back in the thick of the game!

You guys are like a bunch of cut throat medical school over-achievers, or as they are known in that circle, Gunners. You are all hard to stump, and no one got eliminated except for the slackerbutt who signed up then never played.

So as of right now, points are as follows:

NOW ON TO THE ELIMINATION FINAL ROUND!!!

Going to make the questions (I hope) harder this time. A review of the rules:

Red Xavier: 10 pts

THE FINAL SUDDEN DEATH ROUND: You guessed it... if you miss a question in this final round you're out of the contest. Answer wisely. The player with the most amount of points at the end or the last player standing will win the game!

This final round will consist of five questions, each worth one point (no need to bet points in this round.) If you miss a question at any point you will be immediately terminated eliminated from the game. The winner will either be the contestant with the most points after five questions or the last one standing.

If need be there will be a tie breaker at the end of the final round which will be explained if we get to that point, and with a four way tie at the top, the tiebreaker could take us until the next presidential election in the States. The winner of the contest will receive a custom game winner title and colors for two weeks. The losers... get nothing.

The Final Stupendous Knockout Thunderdome Style (bunch enter, one leaves) will start this SUNDAY.

Carry on, Beetles and May the Trivia Be With You!

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    In post #137 One Quarter Portion is credited with 16 pts but in post #154 they have 17 pts. I'm presuming that post #137 is incorrect but can we have that confirmed please?

6. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Actually, I'm a bit confused by that as well... Why did nobody's point totals except mine and @redxavier's change after the Maz question?

7. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

Let me double check when I get home (sitting in my car picking up a kid from track) and make sure i got everything right. I know there was a wager for two points and not three once. But I will double check that I carried scores over correctly. (I copy the tally then add up and could've easily botched it.) Easy to verify. Thanks for pointing it out.

8. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016

That was me, but my score looks right I think.

9. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Clarification on scores (or, how Birkendoc should not be left to cut, past and move thing around unsupervised):

One Quarter Portion: 16 pts
    Red Xavier: 10 pts

After reviewing the wagers for points, One Quarter Portion has 16 points as she wagered only 2 points on one of the questions in the second round. Mea Culpa and many other apologies for the clerical (read: I screwed up) error. I also awarded Red Xavier 3 points because it was an all or nothing wager in the Redemption round. Had there been more contestants in the Redemption round, it would have lasted a few weeks to determine a winner, they would have wagered points, so he just got the full points for that round. But seeing that this round is a sudden death elimination, points mean less this round any how. Welcome to the last round of trivia hell the New and Improved ST Trivia Extravaganza. The questions are going to get markedly harder and hopefully as entertaining.

10. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    *cackles evilly at Sunday's question*

mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahhha

11. Eeyore freak

May 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

Birkendoc likes this.
  12. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    We're doing this Monday morning because my internet hated me last night and couldn't do any formatting. Rural living is awesome unless you want high speed internet. Alas, copper DSL wire with no one planning to upgrade it in the next century is not fun. :(

Anyhow, let's start with a relatively painless question. Remember, this is a no-wager round. If you are wrong, you are out.

You must send me a photo of the answer.

THE CHALLENGE --------> message me a photo of someone TFA itself wearing an earlier idea for part of Kylo Ren's costume.

Intentionally vague, but want as specific as possible as an answer.

*if you have problems with photos, let me know.

Carry on, beetles, and May the Trivia Be With You!

13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Sent.

Birkendoc likes this.
  14. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  15. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Answer sent!
    [​IMG]

16. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Answer sent
    [​IMG]

17. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
  18. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  19. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    Well, I feel idiotic. I know the answer and have a picture, but I can't seem to figure out a private message. Clearly there is something I am missing.

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    answer sent.

21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

Are you even in the competition?

22. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    Clearly I missed something. I just thought this was just for trivia. I didn't realize there was a competition going on. My mistake. Sorry about that!

23. Eeyore freak

May 19, 2016
    Answer sent

[​IMG]

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  24. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    This is the final round of a contest that has been going on Since the beginning of the year. Sorry, but entries are closed at the current time. But don't worry, as we get closer to the release of TLJ, I'll be hosting another round of trivia that will starting around August and ending just in time for the new film!

Mandalore Rising likes this.
  25. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    As all eight have answered, we will be saying goodbye to a player who did not answer the question correctly as this is the sudden death round.

Everyone give it up for Jedi Master Scorpio who is now one with the Force! Thanks for playing and hope to see you when the next contest starts up!

There were two acceptable answers to last week's question: Send me a photo of someone in TFA wearing part of a costume idea originally designed for Kylo Ren. Those two answers were a Guavian death gang thug's in a helmet originally designed for Kylo/The Jedi Killer or Captain Phasma, whose chrome costume was originally in an incarnation of the Ren costume.

[​IMG]

That brings the score of the remaining contestants to the following:

11-4D: 18 pts
    Ben Yoda Dagobah: 18 pts
    Crazy Old Jedi: 18 pts
    Eyeore Freak: 17 pts
    Night Angel: 17 pts
    Red Xavier: 11 pts

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

----------------> A character said the following:

[​IMG]

In English, what did this character say next?