main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX The New Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Bullseye, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
  2. BRICKHARDMEAT

BRICKHARDMEAT Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    Launch all vipers!!!!!!!!!

3. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    [cylon eyesound] ah felgacarb, I have a Cylon on my tail [/cylon eyesound]

:D

4. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
  5. BRICKHARDMEAT

Jan 12, 2003
    no more spoilers please :/

6. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    Battlestar Galactica is going to be on DVD

Universal City, California, July 1, 2003 - Explore the Universe! Battlestar Galactica - Complete Epic Series will be available for the first time ever on DVD on October 21, 2003, just in time for the December 2003 premiere of The SCI FI Channel's original mini-series Battlestar Galactica, inspired by the original landmark television series. Additionally, fans can set their sights on a fleet of Cylon raiders in the upcoming "Battlestar Galactica" videogame in stores this September for the PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment America and the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft. 2003 marks the 25th anniversary of the television premiere of this groundbreaking series.

The adventurous story of humans amongst the stars, the six-disc Complete Epic Series Box Set features all 24 hour-long episodes of the original series. Loaded with newly produced and never-before-seen bonus features, this six-disc set is the definitive release that fans have been waiting for! Plus, every fan will want to display their Battlestar Galactica - Complete Epic Series, due to the highly collectible, traffic-stopping packaging. The six -disc Complete Epic Series DVD collection is priced at $119.98 S.R.P. and the Battlestar Galactica - Original Feature Film is priced at $19.98 S.R.P. for the first time. The pre-order close date is September 19.

THE DEFINITIVE ADDITION TO ANY SCI-FI FAN'S DVD LIBRARY!

Battlestar Galactica - Complete Epic Series six-disc highlights:

* Loaded with newly-produced bonus materials and never-before-seen footage, including an interview with series creator Glen A. Larson and series stars' Richard Hatch (Apollo), Terry Carter (Col. Tigh) and Anne Lockhart (Sheba).

* The six-disc set includes all 24 hours of the original series, presented in their original broadcast order, the way fans want to see them.

* Entire series re-mastered from original source materials for optimal picture and sound quality.

* Features both a newly created 5.1 Dolby Digital surround track and the original monotrack.

Battlestar Galactica - Original Feature Film DVD highlights:

* Award winning special effects by John Dykstra (Star Wars, Spider-Man) and visual effects by Richard Edlund (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Air Force One).

* Includes a sneak preview of the new SCI FI Channel's mini-series.

* Includes a coupon for $10 off the Complete Epic Series DVD box set.

7. joefrog91

joefrog91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    I wanted to be Starbuck when I was younger. Do you remember the episode where he crash landed on a planet with a Cylon?

8. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    ...and that pregnant girl came along and lived with starbuck and the cylon.And they were going to shoot their baby into space once it was born.I saw the episode a few months ago on sci-fi channel.

9. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
  10. BRICKHARDMEAT

Jan 12, 2003
    OMG did you see that schematic of the battlestar galatica!!!!!!!!Its NOT like the OLD one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT looks awesome :D

The toy hoarder vince is in this movie too???????(middle photo on the top row)LOL!!!!!!!!

11. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    lol Goon, I remember that episode. Starbuck was supposed to be Z's daddy, pro bono of course :p and that is how they explained his origins and Starbuck's demise.

I really hope this one lives up to expectations, but I greatly fear from some of the rumor mongers around that it will not. The thing we have to remember is that it is a remake of a classic. It will never live up to the oomph that the original had way back then, 'cause we are spoiled by T3, TTT, SG3, etc. ( :p thought that was rather cool that I got all the initials in there :p) Howsomever, If we look at it as a completely new series, then it might be pretty good.

:( I miss the music. I might buy the dvd set just for the music. That and John Williams were a big part of my childhood. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.