main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016
    Sounds like a load of fan fiction to me. Doesn't ignite my interest at all. Way too early to speculate.

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yes. The main red flag for me is that this is something anyone with too much free time could have come up with. And some of his ideas aren't even original at all - Leia being buried on Naboo or Ren becoming more Vader-like have been tossed around on the internet for quite a while.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Prime Jedi? Sounds like Transformers.

Kylo Ren: "The Prime Jedi has risen. We need to find him and place the all-spark Kyber Crystal into the Prime Jedi's tomb, or he'll take over the galaxy and kill all the force users. Rey...Join me"
    Rey: "Nope. I've done enough searching for old Jedi. You're still the bad guy, dude"

Not a bad idea to set up the movie 7 years later with a decoy Leia funeral, where Kylo is hunting for something weird force relic, because Kylo is still Kylo. But yeah, saying the movie will then introduce some brand new bad guy element like a Prime Jedi, now in the final hour, would be out of place, in a trilogy that had spent an entire movie looking for the Last Jedi, and spent two movies refusing to answer basic details on who certain characters were or their motivations. It would have been cool to set up Snoke as the Prime Jedi, but that shipped has sailed.

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Does anybody actually fall for this crap?

TLJ stayed largely underwraps until it's premier week.

But random internet folks know the whole plot of IX nearly 2 years before it drops?

This is why I won't be following IX closely. I really don't have the brain cells to lose.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Oh good. More crap for Zeroh to upload. Keeps him alive.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    This I will say. I don't think there's an ice cube's chance in Algeria that IX will be opening up on Leia, or anyone's, funeral.

7. BloodStripe

BloodStripe Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Right, I'm sure it'll open in space and get straight to something plotty, as per usual.

I'm just saying if that they do anything more elaborate to memorialize Leia in the course of the film than, say, a quick mention or a holo keepsake, Naboo would be nice setting for it, is all.

8. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I hope you're right.

How about Leia has something that kylo wants and goes into hiding to draw him out? Or Leia is captured by hux so Rey and kylo work together?

No funerals!

9. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Pablo Hidalgo says it’s too early to say whether or not the Skywalker saga will end with episode nine...

10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Of course. This is the same than asking him whether Rey was a Skywalker or not in January 2016. He is not going to reveal the major plot point of IX. Which is Kylo Ren's destiny.

11. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I feel like I've seen this beginning before, like in a legends story or fan fiction. I don't think they will use something as important as the funeral of Carrie Fishers character to set a trap for the First Order. Oh, and Mike Zeroh ain't that bad. With all the BS I've seen on YouTube dealing with Star Wars, he at least will say something is a rumor or not. His stuff is normally just his translation of what everyone else is reporting on.

12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm hoping for Ackbar's funeral on Dac, and Ackbar's son is D'Acy's contact in The Outer Rim. Raddus Ackbar, named after his mother's father, Admiral Raddus (headcanon). He leads a massive army of Mon Calamari and Quarren warriors that join. We'll also see legions of OT aliens.... Grans, Rodians, Twi'leks, etc. join The Resistance. I know, Ackbar's funeral would have much of the audience scratching their heads.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Yes he is.

CrazyOldJedi, cwustudent and Yora like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What is this title even talking about. This thread is so improved

Mostly Handless likes this.
  15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I like the idea of killing the Prime Jedi. The Prime Jedi informs them he is good during the day and evil at night. (Unfortunately he's really not kidding about being evil at night. It's like being caught in a horror movie. He just goes into this full animalistic kill mode.)

The Prime Jedi insists that the way he is is the right way to be a Jedi and is oblivious to how crazy that sounds.

Also BTW did they steal the Balance of the Force title from this forum?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Hmm,

Old thread - no rumours.
    This thread - no rumours.

Nope, still the same.

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    In all seriousness, though, I like the name Prime Jedi in the Visual Dictionary. I really want to find out more about that era. I'm hoping RJ's trilogy takes place there.

[​IMG]

Darth_Voider and oncafar like this.
  18. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    That stuff is clearly fan faction nonsense. I wouldn't be surprised if Snoke ends up being Prime Jedi however when they finally reveal his origins.

dlbates likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Rey can't restore balance - Anakin already did that.

20. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this sort of thing, but I've been reading on the website Fantha Tracks that the working title for 9 will be Black Diamond and will be produced under the business name of Carbonato Industries (a UK company - though I would not know if this company name is just used solely for the work in the UK, or if it would be used world wide too). To verify their claims, they cited an example of some production assistant using these titles in part of his CV; or something like that.

I think this is spot on because I briefly looked at Carbonato Industries Annual Report and Financial Statements (ending 28 April 2017 - and was released on the 8th of January 2018) today and right at the very end of this report under a section called 'Controlling Party', it seems they (Carbonato Industries) fall under a parent company which is none other than LucasFilm Limited; which they then rabbit on about this company falling under the ultimate parent company in the Walt Disney company.

So I guess in the coming months, people (us fans that want spoilers) should keep an eye out for any production/name that comes to town bearing the "Black Diamond" or "Carbonato Industries" banner

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    You would be better off looking for CarbonaDo Industries. :p If you want info on the Solo movie that is, IX is supposed to be produced under the name PLT Productions Ltd. Also check out Stannum 50 labs (UK) which may have been used for Solo. It's all very complicated because apart from 'Movie Production' those Director and Company statements give little away.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Generational Fan likes this.
  22. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    Oops, silly me. Listen to Crazy as he is not so crazy. Correction, Carbonado Industries.

23. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    @Crazy Old Jedi, that probably would make more sense about them being associated with Solo because of when the financial report ended. But the Fantha Tracks website seems to think they will be involved with 9 too.

Sorry about double post mods.

24. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I think the implication is that the balance was shattered at some point after RotJ.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That completely undermines the first six episodes though. If that's the case, I'll be sorely disappointed.

BlurryUFOs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.