main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Fanfare

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Prequel_Rubbish, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    I'm going to miss the Fox Fanfare, which regardless of its origins is pretty much linked to Star Wars. I can't tell you how many times I heard that on TV and stopped what I was doing to see if Empire Strikes Back or something was coming on, only to be disappointed.

Story is that John Williams composed the Star Wars Opening Theme to match the key of the Fox Fanfare. What does everyone think, will he be allowed to compose a new fanfare to match the opening theme?

2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012

I'm not going to lie, who wouldn't be sad to see the classic 20th Century Fox fanfare go? But at the same time, we knew this was coming. Heck, it's a nice gesture that we have a new fanfare at all, that really shows that they were at least considering us sentimental fans. All-in-all, it's not as memorable as the Fox fanfare, but it serves the same purpose, and I feel like it'll grow on me.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It needs one more oomph at the end. It ends way too quickly imo.

It should be the Force theme.

Messi likes this.
  4. Embo

Embo Jedi Knight

Mar 27, 2010
    I've been making a valiant effort to get on board with this, but it really just sounds like a last minute Adobe Audition splice job of existing material. I guess I was hoping that Disney would've understood the importance of this moment enough to commission an original composition.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think it's really good, but obviously it can't match the tradition and cultural significance of the 20th Century Fox Fanfare. Since they needed to replace it though, Williams did a great job; I really can't think of what I would have done differently. Maybe include a Duel of the Fates reference in it? It is only about 20 seconds though so that might have been a challenge.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied.

Jangounchained1990 likes this.