main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The New Jedi Trials

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chukles38, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    aw, that sux! I'm sorry! :(

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    New Jedi Trials Roster

Grand Master: Chukles38

Jedi Council Members: None

Jedi Masters: None

Jedi Knights: None

Padawans:

JediKnight20043/Padawan Grumpy Gills: Chukles38
    Blu-Bladed-Jedi/Padawan Acronymous: Chukles38
    TrulyGhent/Padawan Slice: DarthIntegral
    SUGARBANTJINN/Padawan Sunkisser: Chukles38

Initiates:

Arrakna
    StarWarsFreak444
    prj1
    ARC170pilot
    masterjedi343
    DarthBrutus666
    EMPEROR_WINDU
    SonicUniverse

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I spot at least one error on your roster there, Joy.

4. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Yea, isn't SonicUniverse now Padawan Mushroom Kingdom???

5. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    awesome to see im on the initiate list. ill be ready for a task soon. got a hold(or payed 492$) of a ps3 and gtaIY so I'll be playing with that for awhile :p but i wont desert the trials for that [face_laugh]

6. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    ok, so i registered on the new offsite about 10 minutes ago, but i still have no verification e-mail, or whatever it is that gives me permission to actually participate! :( how long will that take?

7. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    5-10 weeks, its like the U.S. Postal Service

8. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    you can't be seriouse... it says if you don't become active within the first week, your account is deleted!

9. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    New Jedi Trials Roster

Grand Master: Chukles38

Jedi Council Members: None

Jedi Masters: None

Jedi Knights: None

Padawans:

JediKnight20043/Padawan Grumpy Gills: Chukles38
    Blu-Bladed-Jedi/Padawan Acronymous: Chukles38
    TrulyGhent/Padawan Slice: DarthIntegral
    SUGARBANTJINN/Padawan Sunkisser: Chukles38
    SonicUniverse/Padawan Mushroom Kingdom: DarthIntegral

Initiates:

Arakna
    StarWarsFreak444
    prj1
    ARC170pilot
    masterjedi343
    DarthBrutus666
    EMPEROR_WINDU

10. SonicUniverse

SonicUniverse Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2008
    Padacousin has to be the best term ever! XD. Now this is the third time I've attempted to post the task, this time I typed it in iWork first. Hopefully this third one is sufficient because it is shorter than the last two times I did it. :p

[b](1)[/b]

I'm not sure if you wanted a large explanation of the [b][hl=green][color=limegreen]Mushroom Kingdom[/b][/hl][/color] which I had when I did the task the first time, but this time I think I am just going to say that the reason I received the name [b][hl=green][color=limegreen]Mushroom Kingdom[/color][/hl][/b] because my username is "SonicUniverse" and the rival of the fiction video game character Sonic the Hedgehog was Super Mario who resides in the Mushroom Kingdom. :)

[b](2)[/b]

[i](a)[/i] Now for the biographies, I'll start with Mario. Mario is a portly plumber who resides in the [b][hl=green][color=limegreen]Mushroom Kingdom[/color][/hl][/b]. He is most noteworthy for his jumping ability hence his original name, "Jumpman." His adventures usually involve saving the princess and he has also been involved in AMAZING RPGs like Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and the Paper Mario Series. I note those games because I believe they are the best games I've ever played. In the games, he sports many awesome weapons like his fists of fury and turtle shells that he hurls at enemies.

[i](b)[/i] Now for the second biography, I chose Princess Toadstool for this one. Princess Toadstool is the Princess of the [b][hl=green][color=limegreen]Mushroom Kingdom[/color][/hl][/b] and is usually the damsel in distress in all the Mario games exept for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars where she actually joins your party in a quest to defeat the evil Smithy. In that game she wields deadly weapons of "style" such as a parasol and a frying pan.

[i](c)[/i] And finally my favorite character in the Super Mario Bros. Series. This final biography is about Bowser. He is the antagonist of the series and is always kidnapping Princess Toadstool in an attempt to marry her and invade the [b][hl=green][color=limegreen]Mushroom Kingdom[/color][/hl][/b]. He is a green dinosaur like enemy and is the last boss in all but a few games like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars where he sports many deadly weapons like his claws and a chained mace.

[b](3)[/b]

[i]Finally the third part of the task, because I've been talking about about Super Mario RPG I've decided to post a picture of two characters from that game. The first one is Mallow, the prince from a land called Nimbus, and Geno the protector of the "Star Road."[/i]

[image=http://pioneer.netserv.chula.ac.th/~boonnart/mallow.gif]

[image=http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/smrpg/images/geno.gif]

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Padawan Mushroom Kingdom, you have done well to complete this task.

You have been given a grade of Good for this task, though I am under the impression that your task would have been excellent were it not for a few setbacks.

For your next task, I would like you to translate the words of the great Yoda.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Explain why Fear, anger, hate, and suffering are against the Jedi way.
    Give one example of each a Jedi has faced in one of the six movies (a different Jedi for each, please). Explain also how you would overcome each of these in your path to becoming a Jedi.

May the Force be with you.

12. SonicUniverse

May 3, 2008
    Thank you Master Integral. I will strive for excellence in my next task. :)

13. SonicUniverse

May 3, 2008
    For this task, which I am doing during the Boston/Cavaliers halftime report I'm going to be listing some pictures also for some brownie points. :p

[b][FEAR][/b] Jedi are guardians of peace, and protectors of the Galaxy. How can someone be a guardian of anything if they live in fear, or lack courage? I myself believe that learning to avoid fear is one of the best ways to live life. Fear holds everyone back, even though this isn't a Star Wars example... can you ever think of the last time you were help back because of a fear? Like possibly not riding a huge rollercoaster with friends because you were fearful? It's happened to me and I've learned to just live life and not be so fearful, which can also apply to life as a Jedi. In order to protect someone else, you must first learn to be courageous. Like LeBron James taking hard fouls in order to lead his team to victory. :p

Because I'm finding it hard to find [i]different[/i] Jedi I've used Obi-Wan for this example because of his "fear" of fighting Anakin.:

[image=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10227311A~Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Posters.jpg]

[b][ANGER][/b] Anger is what can cause a Jedi to lose focus. An example of this would be Mace Windu who mastered the deadly lightsaber form Vaapad which drew upon his anger in order to make himself stronger. This would contribute to his death when he was unable to keep himself from trying to kill Darth Sidious and led Anakin to believe the Jedi were somehow evil. Had Mace Windu not used his anger he would have shown Anakin that the Jedi are not evil and could have possibly ended the threat of the Galactic Empire even before it began. I overcome my anger by being very relaxed and laid back. I don't let much of anything bother me and I try very hard not to be stressed.

As you may have guessed I have chosen Mace Windu for "anger" because he failed to control his:

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/fc/Mace_Windu.jpg/250px-Mace_Windu.jpg]

[b][HATE][/b] Hate is a very strong word. It's also probably the most powerful emotion out there. I find myself hating quite a few things, like the Boston Celtics for example (though tonight the Cavaliers dominated) and Kevin Garnett. Though the hate is strong I try very hard to control it and avoid yelling at my television set as much as possible. In Star Wars, Luke at a brief moment on the Death Star had a hate for Darth Vader for threatening to "convert" Leia to the darkside if Luke would not. This causes Luke to lose control and nearly fall to the darkside like this father did years prior. I avoid this strong emotion by stepping back and taking a deep breath during those tense basketball games where LeBron is shooting 4-14 or worse... I think tonight I handled it quite well, and we won! :p

For this emotion I chose Luke for reasons that were explained in the paragraph:

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/io/thumb/4/4b/Luke_Skywalker_Ep6_DVD.jpg/260px-Luke_Skywalker_Ep6_DVD.jpg]

[b][SUFFERING][/b] This is the final "emotion" in Yoda's quote and it is probably the harshest one also. Suffering is a horrible thing and exists all around us. For example, the sad tragedy that happened in Burma and the people there are currently fightin

14. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Just so you guys know, I have not forgotten you. I will have updates up soon, just as soon as I figure something out. :p

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Padawan Mushroom Kingdom, you have done well to complete this task.

You have been given a grade of Excellent for this task.

A Jedi must be able to deal with the random and unexpected. Your next task will gauge your ability to do just that. For this task, I want you to give me a biography of Wile E. Coyote. The biography must be a minimum of 500 words.

For bonus points, you can include an extra paragraph, explaining which Star Wars character is most like Wile E. Coyote. This paragraph will not count towards the 500 word minimum.

Good luck, and May the Force Be With You!

16. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    He's kidding. If you still have the problem, I will get with Nemisis and see what is up.

17. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    ah. good. well, if you could please talk to nemisis, that would be great!

18. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    lol, I'm just messing with you Bant, you should know that by now.

19. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    He said he took care of it, though you may have to check your spam folder for the activation e-mail if you still don't see it.

20. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    yeah well, i guess i really AM a true blond! :p Always been kinda slow like that!

21. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    lol. Could be, Bant. :p

Anyways, so you guys know, I am awaiting the response from someone before I move on. Sorry for the continued delays.

22. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Greetings.

I would like to join the New Jedi Trials.

What must I do to begin my training?

23. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    Greetingd Mister Master. You must first complete the first task I assigned to everybody. It can be found in the first two pages. HAve fun. :)

24. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I desire to train as a Jedi in the trials. To learn the ways of the force, and to fight the darkness as a Guardian of peace and justice. I wish to study the force under the guidance of the Jedi Master, and let the force guide me. I wish to take the first step into a larger word.

My desire to join the order comes from my desire to do good, to serve others, and to protect. I have seen the corruption of the dark side and I wish to fight it. I, Mister_Master. Here by pledge my allegiance to the force, the Jedi, and to serving the innocence.

25. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    That's a lot better than what I said. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.