main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Rebellion and Boba Fett Query

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LAJ_FETT , Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I am currently reading "The New Rebellion" by Kristine Kathryn Rusch and am enjoying it so far. It's been in the pile for awhile and I finally caught up to it. I have a query about an event mentioned in the book. The book takes place 13 years after ROTJ. In Chapter 14, Han is at Smugglers Run with other people, and they go into Cavern 3. This is the quote: 'The cavern smelled of roasting meat, garlic, and onions overlaid with wookiee warm won-wons and Sullistan stew. The cavern was humid. The walls were coated with liquid and an extra layer or two of blaster resistance.
    "I don't remember this place" he (Han) said.
    "It belonged to Boba Fett and five other bounty hunters. Most of Boba Fett's friends died six years ago and we decided to make it into a gourmet area for those of us who frequent this place" the Kid said.'

Now I have read most of the stories that Fett is in, and I don't recognize the reference.. NEGTC does not mention anything specific. Does anyone know of the event referred to 7 years following ROTJ, or is this just an unresolved bit of plot? (I am only about 1/3 through the book so if anything is further on then please just let me know that). Thanks..

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It was never expanded upon.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The "five friends" conjures images of the five cardinal boutbounty hunters you got in Tales from the Bounty Hunters, but they were hardly chms with each other.

Other than that, no, that's the only mention. I haven't seen it elsewhere.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    so what are the chances that the 'boba fett and 5 friends' story is a tall tale... something tells me that while fett might work occassionally with a partner, i don't think he'd go for co-ownership of a place with other bounty hunters.

that would be like a bunch of hollywood actors getting together to start a chain of theme restaurants..

5. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    The Comic book: BOBA FETT- DEATH, LIES, AND TREACHARY takes place at about that time. I have never read it, so I don't know if the New Rebellion is referencing it or not.

6. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Might have been referring to Dark Empire, but that would make it a year off.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got 'BF: Death, Lies and Treachery' and I don't remember anything like that in it. I think it likely that Bib Fortuna is right and it never went anywhere. The only other thing I could think of was that maybe it was a reference to a story in Gamer or Insider that was never reprinted. I've never seen Gamer and as I live in the UK I can only get Insider if I find it as an import.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.