main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Depends. Luke doesn't start out working with the bad guys. In Finn's case, you have to quickly show vulnerability to make him sympathetic. Who knows? Maybe the hyperventilating is Finn "feeling the force" and doesn't understand what the hell is wrong with him.

I wouldn't be terrible shocked if hints of the force theme plays over Finn letting civilians go in the village.

Satipo and Han Drolo like this.
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

I dont think u need him to vomit to do that.

The second idea appeals.

3. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Yea, Finn is like going into Labor every time we see him. If he's this intense when he's full of fear I can only imagine how he gets once badass time begins.

4. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Battle Meditation?

Han Drolo likes this.
  5. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    "You must control your emotions Finn, or you'll die of a stroke"- Rose

Zuckuss the Ruckuss likes this.
  6. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well isnt it grand that Jedi can use emotions again and not have them be a one way ticket to the Dark Side.

Darth Haggai likes this.
  7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Only from people like yourself who get fixated on such things ;)

Zuckuss, I've wondered if Finn's actions at the village and in his defection may have something to do with the Force awakening in him and speaking through him (not directly speaking, but you know what I mean).

8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Hehehe I wish. I can see the memes now. I can see the trolls now.

Satipo likes this.
  9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly - the trolls can play with their memes. The rest of the world will get on with enjoying the film and Finn's character.

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, I know what your saying...

11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Personally I enjoy memes and I cannot wait to see some of the parodies of these films. I am hoping for a South Park episode, a new Weird Al song and you can guarantee the guys at cinemasins will have a feel day with it. Just because it gets parodied a lot doesn't mean there are all haters using memes and stuff. Parody can often be a forum of flattery. Like Weird Al as stated, he never parodies unpopular/bad songs.

And while I'm at it, IMO it's about darn time Mel Brooks stops teasing us and just finally makes "Space balls 2: The search for more money". :)

12. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Good point. Nothing wrong with poking fun at it all.

13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

We also know that Chloe Bruce is non too shabby with a staff.

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Or a new take on the Force pike employing a saber? Works for me.

I love bo staff / Guandao fighting and it would be a tremendous fun to see Rey be skilled with such a weapon.

I like to think those extremely talented martial artists from the Raid films were not just hired as the part of the Seven. (Someone correct me if they were also fight coordinators etc.)

Han Drolo and Rabs like this.
  15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    We definitely need a saderstaff wielding Jedi. Would be epic.[face_hypnotized]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
    I really don't get all of the proverbial getting your panties in a wad over the rumor that Finn throws up.
    It's a perfectly normal human reaction to many things, and it sounds like Finn experiences many bad things. If it does happen, I'm sure it won't look like a puking gag from Family Guy. I'm sure JJ will handle it tastefully as can be done.
    As for the whole "it doesn't belong in Star Wars", is there a book of things that are allowed in Star Wars? I'm sure if there were such a book, it would have already been sold like every other thing Star Wars. ;)

17. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    People are forgetting one crucial thing about Finn. We have three films for character development. Let's at least try to see some of that development before casting judgment. Right now we are judging off if snippets of the beginning of his journey.

Han Drolo and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  18. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    If Finn is Force sensitive, he might have a physical reaction to what he is feeling from the violence happening to the people around him.

19. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005

I was thinking something similar. Let's say that both Rey and Ren are Han and Leia's kids. As descendants of the Skywalker bloodline, they're strong in the Force and Han and Leia agree to allow Luke to train them in the ways of the Force. Ren, being older, begins his training first and Rey joins him a few years later. But the First Order, led by "Uber" attacks the Jedi Academy. Luke tries to fight them off but for all his power, he's still just one man. Ren is kidnapped by Uber and taken away to be trained in the ways of the Dark Side. This is why Ren is obsessed with Vader. Not only is Vader the Chosen One, he's also Ren's grandfather. Meanwhile, Luke manages to keep Rey hidden and just as Obi-Wan did with him, Luke sends Rey to live on a desert planet in a region of space nobody cares about - Jakku. Do Han and Leia know where Rey is? Probably. I don't know why Luke would keep her location a secret from them though it could serve to drive a wedge between them.

Leia, distraught and incensed by the First Order's attack, begs the Republic to deal with these Imperials once and for all but Uber has gambled that the Republic won't risk breaking the lasting peace and he's right. The Republic promises to investigate but refuses to intervene. So Leia and many loyal to her cause break away from the Republic to form the Resistance to fight the First Order, to find Ren (and maybe Rey) and bring them home.

By the time of The Force Awakens, Ren has been living and training under the influence of Uber for 20 years, whereas Rey, who was still a young child when the attack on the temple happened, has little to no memory of her parents and no knowledge of her ability to use the Force.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....until it's pointed out that it's completely wrong. :p

Darth Haggai likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think, if Kylo Ren's rumored "motivations" pan out, that if the Jedi Academy is attacked and all Jedi butchered, it ought to come as the result of Ren trying to "reenact" Vader's deeds; so betrayal from within.

21. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005

It depends when this attack happens though. Kylo Ren may only be a child when those events occur.

Darth Haggai likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. We are talking about best possible motivations, not known timelines.

23. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Can you post a link to that pic?

24. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
  25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    beaten to the chase.:p

Jedi Merkurian and Seeher like this.