main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the next GTA

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MonaToral, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    What can be better than killing neds

Killing chavs ;)

Belfast might be a little tricky - there's too big a chance of offending extremely dangerous people, leading to a real GTA3 type situation.

Even if it was set in Moscow, Paris or Tokyo (my personal fav), you could have accented actors doing the voices. (Much like the triads in the GTA series, or the Russians in The Getaway).

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Rockstar's registered the copyright for GTA: Bogota. That would be very interesting.

3. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Well, they could also go back in time as well like the 20's up to the 1970's. Also, I think Hong Kong, Rome, Ho Chi Minh City, or Shanghai to name a few.

4. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I thought that bungie should have stopped with Halo 1.

As for GTA, I don't know, like someone said above me all of the 3 cities have been done. The only thing I could think of is if they made it even bigger and had SA, LC, and VC all on one map. I'm sure it would be a mixed bag since I heard alot of people complain about SA being to big, but I personally liked it big and with all of the new stuff. I would also like to see some cameo's of past characters that we didn't see in SA. The time period doesn't really matter, but if they made it a prequel it should be set in the early 70's so then some of your missions could be in LC and you could do the mission that got Tommy Vercetti busted by the cops. If it's a sequel then show what happened to Tommy and his Empire.

That's all I have for know.

P.S. I like your idea malkieD2, I think it sounds really cool.

5. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, exactly. Voice actors with the proper accents is the way to go. For example, in a game set in Tokyo, you could get people like Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai) and Jet Li (yes, I know he's Chinese) to do voices. For a game in Paris, Jean Reno and Sophie Marceau (sp?) could be involved. For Moscow, I'd love to hear John Malkovich do his over the top Russian accent (anyone who's seen Rounders knows what I'm talking about ;) ).

The list goes on. Hell, they could even do another game set in London. It wouldn't be too much of a rehash since the first London game was in that outdated top-down view. Plus, they could give it a 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' kind of feel, which would be awesome, IMO.

6. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Too close to The Getaway though ;)

7. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Is 'The Getaway' any good? It looks pretty good judging from the commercials, but I haven't heard too much from people who've played it.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I heard mixed reports of the first, and nothing of the second. Apparently in the first you needed to know your way around London in real life to be able to navigate effectively :)

GTA: Tokyo would be nice. A whole game as a Yakuza.

9. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I've got the second Getaway, and I think it's great. They really took the shortcomings of the first and improved them on the second - eg the navigation system has been markedly improved including an online map.

I made a thread, but no-one posted :( http://boards.theforce.net/Games:_Board_and_Videogames/b10005/18038323/?2

10. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    I'd like to see a GTA game set in 1920's Chicago (or a fictional equivilent). You know what I mean: everyone decked out in hats and suits, machine guns in violin cases - all that iconic Al Capone/Untouchables/Bugsy Malone stuff.

And I can't post in this thread without saying that, while it may not be at the Vice City level, GTA1 rules and always will.

11. AdmiralZaarin

Jul 8, 2001
    I'd like to see a GTA game set in 1920's Chicago (or a fictional equivilent). You know what I mean: everyone decked out in hats and suits, machine guns in violin cases - all that iconic Al Capone/Untouchables/Bugsy Malone stuff.

Phear

12. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I never really liked GTA, I just couldn't get into it.

13. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    Whoops, I guess that Mafia game went under my increasingly rusty game-detecting radar. Looks interesting, though, I might have to track it down.

14. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    It's a fun game. It is more linear and the driving takes getting used to (that is if you are used to GTA driving. You pretty much go from mission to missiona nd can't just ding around in the actual game. You could if you wanted to but if you die you have to start the mission over(or atleast the checkpoint). It also has a race mode where you have different tracks through out the city, you have to unlock them though. You also get a free Roam mode and you basically just drive around and can kill other gangsters for money and I thik you can even do Taxi cab missions.

15. MonaToral

MonaToral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    i played mafia once it looked like a prety good game, but itts not really my cup of tea.

16. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i still think that the next gta should feature a waylaid jedi knight on earth just stealing cars for spare parts to fix his spaceship. and killing people with a lightsaber and the force. i know, that this is all i really talk about on the games forum, but c'mon. surely you all must see it. this is the chosen game, it would bring about the ultimate blance.

17. AdmiralZaarin

Jul 8, 2001
    Haven't we discussed this concept before, and how crossover games are actually a bad idea?

18. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    I tnik they should make a game based on Dallas and all the stereotypes therein. The cops would be badass.

Hand

19. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    is that the show with J.R.??

20. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Here is my idea for a 3rd time:

1.You can go to ALL the areas from the past games (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, etc.)along with new areas like Chicago or the OC.
    2.My Cousin's friend had this idea: If you kill a person of some sort & get away with it, you'll get your name in the paper & you'll have the ability to get plastic surgery so the cops won't find you.
    3.Have you had the ability to kill the radio DJ's?(I haven't played San Andreas yet). Cause if SA doesn't have it, put it in!.
    4.If you want to smash a tank or plane into a building, Have the damage remain there if you save the game & restart (Complete, with construction crews reparing the buildings).
    5.Have the ability to run genocides in hospitals.
    6.Have the game take place in early/mid 2004.
    7.Bring Tommy Vercetti, CJ, & the yakuza & other gangs back.
    8.Have TV screens show actual news reports of the City's (Plus, destroy the stations if ya want).
    9.Run around NAKED! (Complete. with the option to turn the bleep on your "you know what" off & on along with the cops on your @$$).
    10.Add a "Bowel" feature (ALA The Sims) where you need to go to the bathroom after awhile & have the choice to urinate or poop in a person's backyard!.

21. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    10.Add a "Bowel" feature (ALA The Sims) where you need to go to the bathroom after awhile & have the choice to urinate or poop in a person's backyard!.

LOL, how do you come up with these ideas? That would be funny to see though, taking a dump on someones lawn, they come out with a shotgun and you start running away with your pant's down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.