main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official 7,8 And 9 Thread!!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthZemog, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Okay, I don't know if I'm the only one tired of this question; I get it enough from my family and coworkers and other people, I just don't want to see it here any more.

"Do you think they'll make Episodes 7,8 and 9?!"

NO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lucas is pulling the plug on SW after Episode 3 in 2005. There will be no more movies after that! Don't believe me,...well heres from the man himself!

May 2002 issue of MAXIM:
    Georege Lucas interview:

Q: Will there be a third and final trilogy?
    A: No chance. It was never really conceived that way, except in the media- they're the ones that have built that up.
    Q: Your mind powers will not work on me, George-after finishing Empire, you told RollingStone you had seven movies left.
    A: They asked, "when you finish the three films, will you do anymore?" And I said, "I've got a back story I could tell, I guess." So they asked "Will you do anything after that?" So I said, "It might be fun to bring Harrison and Carrie and Mark back when they're 65 and make another movie with them." To be honest, I don't have these stories written; nothing is planned. I'm going to be over 60 years old when I finish this, and it takes 10 years to do a trilogy. I'm not gonna spend my last 10 years doing StarWars.

Still not convinced....

TIME, April 29th 2002:

"The next film is really dark," he says. "The issue is, will people stand for it? But I've got to tell the story. And when I finish it, I'll be 60. I've got a lot of other things I want to do with my life other than more of this."

So there, if this doesn't answer peoples questions about more films than nothing will! :D

Thanks for reading and PLEASE pass this on to all those who ask about 7,8 and 9!!!!

Mod Edit: Changed the title.

2. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Well said.

I've recently debated whether or not the PT should have been made at all... the sequel sequel trilogy would just be too much, regardless of who does it. The story is Anakin's, which ends with Six, the rest would just be boring.

3. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I concurr!

4. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    I know, I know.

*sniff*

But can't a guy dream?

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah it would be sweet if they could make a movie with the Yuuzhan Vong, but I think it could potentially ruin the saga, which is primarily about Anakin.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    No part of the EU will ever be in theaters. Maybe a TV movie, but that's it.

7. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Ah, but he DOES have the storyline for the sequel trilogy. The damning quote is from 1989, years after he rewrote ROTJ to include his previous sequel ideas.

"And after that [after he tells the prequel story, in other words] I can tell another story about what happens to Luke after this trilogy ends...[talks briefly about PT]...The other one - what happens to Luke afterwards - is much more ethereal. I have a tiny notebook full of notes on that."

He may have changed his mind, but he DOES have the further adventures in his head, or buried under a stack of papers somewhere at the ranch.

8. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Interesting. What was that published in?

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Nope. No 7, 8 + 9. It would be stupid. It would just look like an excercise in making more money, which <gasp> is exactly what it would be. Besides, 6 episodes telling of Anakin Skywalker's rise, temptation, fall and eventual redemption is good. It has a nice feel to it. Tacking 3 more on the end wouldn't fit.

10. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    You go!! DarthZemog!!
    I am pretty sick of all this post-quel stuff. IMO, I think that SW is great without it and would be great with it (only if GL directed). But, enough threads!! It's not going to happen!!!!
    :D

11. DarthTurd_Ferguson2

DarthTurd_Ferguson2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    And by post-quel, I assume you mean sequel? I'm just saying is all.

12. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    Turd:
    Well.... Yes, and no. I suppose it is a sequel but when I think sequel I think TESB or ROTJ not Ep. 7, 8, and 9.

Besides, I like to make up new words. :D

13. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I know, i know, it drives me nuts, too, but you can't control people.

14. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    "...You know, Star Wars was a success, but I didn't have any idea then what was going on. I didn't know whether I was even going to be able to make the next two films. I had taken two-thirds of the original script and thrown it away. In my mind, I was saying, "Gee, if this is really a big hit, then I can make a movie out of all the early material that I developed." Empire and Jedi were what that first film was supposed to be. And after that, I can tell another story about what happens to Luke after this trilogy ends. All the prequel stories exist: where Darth Vader came from, the whole story about Darth and Ben Kenobi, and it all takes place before Luke was born. The other one - what happens to Luke afterward - is much more ethereal. I have a tiny notebook full of notes on that. If I'm really ambitious, I could proceed to figure out what would have happened to Luke..." - George Lucas on Return of the Jedi in Aug, 1983.

Apparently it's from 1983 - but that's STILL years after he wrote RotJ. (The first draft was written in 1981, as was the screenplay itself).

15. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    It's a long leap from 1983 to 1999, to 2005! I would suspect that back in 1983 he WAS really ambitious, but now when he finishes Episode 3, he will be 60+. Besides the man has a family and as much as he loves SW, there will be no more. He's going on the do TV and some independent movies.
    Everyones going to have to face it, if you want to know about Luke, Han and Leia, look to the books, or grab your action figures and a camcorder and make your own Episodes 7,8 and 9!!! :D

16. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    /||||\
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    ####
    \||||/

:D

17. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Just thought I'd bring this back to page 1 for all the people who keep posting about episodes 7,8 and 9! ;)

18. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, DarthZemog. I was getting pissed with all these Episode 7-9 questions.

I'm gonna ask for a thorough and extensive thread that answers Frequently Asked Questions about the classic and prequel trilogies. That should hopefully cut down in the redundancy around here and the classic trilogy forum.

19. CBaoth_The_Crazy

CBaoth_The_Crazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Soon enough... we shall have an official "There is no Episodes 7-9" thread, as soon as Mars17swGirl replies to Deltron_zero....

20. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Until then we MUST keep this on the front page!!! It will help all and act as the Official rumor smasher!!! :D

Oh and BTW, I did want to see Episodes 7,8 and 9; when I was still a kid and right after seeing ROTJ!!! But now it would suck, the principle actors are too old; ILM would have to CGI Luke, Han and Leia!!! :p

21. CBaoth_The_Crazy

CBaoth_The_Crazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm getting the letters "U" and "P" ready for action...

22. ECM_Boba_Fett

ECM_Boba_Fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2002
    Really there was 12 parts then it when to 9 then 6
    ROTJ is 6,7,8,9 in one movie

Before Rotj leia wasnt suspose to be lukes sister. His sister was along lost jedi on the other side of the galaxy who comes in at EPVII and we wasnt going to fight Vader again until EPIX

So no there will be no EPVII EPVIII OR EPIX

23. Darth-CrOaT

Darth-CrOaT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    DarthZemog, i agree all the way. He said on that one entertainment show, "Im saving the best for last" of course he was talking about episode III.

I just hope it doesnt turn out to become like the bond trilogy*even thought i like it*, where as they directors changed. Becasue GL is probably the most imaginative guys out there, NOONE would replace him.

24. Radiohead

Radiohead Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Lucas has stated repeatedly that he doesn't want any Star Wars movies made after Episode 3 and after he dies.

Smart call.

25. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I'd like to see Star Wars become a Batman-kinda franchise, passed around from director to director and each installment starring different actors in the lead roles with no continuity or consistency at all! :D

Tim Burton could cast Johnny Depp as the brooding Dark Side Luke Skywalker of Dark Empire while David Fincher might cast Brad Pitt as boisterous, bull-headed Han Solo from the Heir To The Empire series......it could happen!

//rolleyes.gif

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.