main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Official AMC South Barrington Theater Line Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podracerdave

podracerdave Jedi Master

Mar 10, 2002
    Actually the ticket cost $9.50 because I ordered it over the phone...eating the $.50 is killing me, but I'm cutting you a deal...haha

2. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    OK, I think I'll have 2 extra tickets too - since McClurg finally did midnight, I'm going to switch over to there (and it is much closer for me, although that parking will be annoying!).

Does anyone want my tix at cost? I'll pick them up this weekend. E-mail me at mrshiny@aol.com.

3. jabbaoei

jabbaoei Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    FYI, everyone. I just got tickets for the DLP midnight show at Streets of Woodfield. Check it out on fandango.com!

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Ok, here we go. Who's left that will be attending the AMC for the midnight showing? With 3 more additional screens showing it at midnight, hopefully we'll have more of a turnout. And to those who are coming, what time are ya'll showing up? I need to know to see if there will be any kind of line. Also, to those who would like one, T-shirts will be available at the line.

Mark

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    MEEEEEEEEEEE!!! w00t!

Oh, and my 6 friends and 1 brother.

That's a total of 8, in case you can't count. :p

6. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    I'm a product of the Chicago Public School system, so I will have to get my calculator to figure this one out. :p

7. Kukbacca

Kukbacca Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 18, 1999
    where is barrington? I'm never out of the city.

8. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    If you take I-90 west(the Kennedy) it turns into I-90 tollway. Take that till you reach Barrington Road and exit north. It's right there. From O'Hare, it's about 20 minutes.

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hey, I just off the phone with ChiForce's own JediJeff. He's downtown in his Jedi robes for the Charity Premiere. News vans from Channel 2, 7 and CLTV are there, so watch the news and see if you spot any ChiForcers.

He wanted me to post to remind everyone that Chicago Force will be in the house for the midnight showings. Gosh, I wish I could somehow be at both McClurg and Barrington, since so many cool things will be going down at both. Digital Projection and Lego giveaways at McClurg. Multiple showings and 501st and Rebel Legion at Barrington. And of course the real reason to go, lots of cool Chicago Force members! Oh wait, there's a movie going on to. :D

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    What movie? :confused:

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Alright, seeing as this will be my first time waiting in line for Star Wars (I was too young for TPM), it would really help me if you could answer a few questions. :)

1.) How does one use the bathroom in line? I'm getting to the theater at 7PM, and it'll be a 5-hour wait until I see the movie and then another 2 hours watching AOTC. Is there anyway we can relieve ourselves in the mean-time? Can we go inside the theater to do it or do we have to go across the street to the restaurant over there?

2.) Can I bring a boom box to play Star Wars music while we wait? It'd have batteries and everthing, but I just don't know if it's allowed. Also, I'm a non-spoiler so I don't want to hear the AOTC score other people might be play so maybe this could drown it out for me. :)

3.) Where do I physically line up? Of course, if Mark gets there at 7AM like he said he was, I guess I'll just pile in behind him. :D

4.) Any last tips for surviving the 5-hour wait?

Answers would help SO much! I'd really appreciate it if you could answer them. :)

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Up. I REALLY need these answered. :D

13. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll throw in answers to the extent I know/can guess.

2.) Can I bring a boom box to play Star Wars music while we wait? It'd have batteries and everything, but I just don't know if it's allowed.

I don't see how this would be a problem, as long as common sense is used when setting the volume. Bring it, if it become an issue, you can always throw it back in your car.

Also, I'm a non-spoiler so I don't want to hear the AOTC score other people might be play so maybe this could drown it out for me.

Wow, that's some spoiler-free dedication. If you want total protection, bring ear plugs. :D

4.) Any last tips for surviving the 5-hour wait?

Bring a chair, buy a t-shirt, buy drawing tickets, and just hang out. We've been in line for 8 days down at McClurg, and we don't really get bored. Of course, we have a TV/VCR unit to keep us amused. ;)

I'm sure Mark will swoop in on his Ewok gilder eventually to give you specific answers.

~H~

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ah! Chairs! Of course! Thanks! :)

Oh, and about the volume on the boom box- don't worry, I don't play my music loud anyways.
    These helped so much! Thank you!

Now all I need to do is get the bathroom question answered. :D

15. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    For the Episode 1 midnight show, they let people into the theatre about 2 hours before showtime. You can go get seats with your friends and have them hold them while you go to the bathroom, get popcorn, etc.

I will be showing up around 7-8pm I think.

Dave

16. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    The AMC 30 screen complex is rather large and lines can easily be formed inside, so bathrooms will be accessible (and you don't have to worry about bad weather). Of course, I have no idea when the theatre will let the line form inside. If it's raining (and it probably will be) they might be nice and let everyone in to form a line right away.

When I waited for TPM at an AMC 30 in Phoenix, we were all thrilled to wait inside instead of outdoors in 95 degree heat!

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Probably be raining? What are you talking about? Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny all day with a high of 72. There won't be any rain. :)

18. dstagl

dstagl Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah, sunny until the rain that is supposed to happen Wednesday night. Of course, how accurate are weather people anyways?

For EP1, the lines were outside the theatre, and not inside as they usually do for other movies. I don't know that they'll do it that way again, though.

Dave

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    They probably can't do it inside because of the enormous size of the lines. I'm guessing most premieres don't have lines this long. ;)

20. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Last time we waited outside we took trips to the nearby Denny's to use the bathroom.

Again, the question is, what time is everyone lining up? I'd hate to sit there with a stack of shirts at 7am and no one shows up till 8pm.

Mark

21. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I am getting there promtly at 7PM.

It'd help if you were there a little before then so my friends and I would know where to line up. :)

22. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Couldn't get tickets to the midnight showing, have them for Thursday @ 7pm.

Anyways, you'll be there in the morning w/ shirts? That should be the best time for me to pick one up. :D

23. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    I'll be there........

24. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Fair enought... see you in a few hours.

25. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    Wait a minute! Both McClurg and Woodfield now have Midnight shows?! What the....?! If they'd done that sooner, I wouldn't have purchased tickets for Barrington, which is so far away. Grrrrrr.

:(

I checked AMC's website and it appears as though the movie will be showing on FIVE screens (at least they've listed 12:01am five times)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.