main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *OFFICIAL* Aurra Sing In EP3 Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mandalorian_Warrior, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Look this isn't about EU, cause i don't care for it. But Aurra DOES have a better chance than any extra or minor character. To be honest, i think she has a better chance than Boba *breaks the hearts of some*. Sorry, but i just don't think boba will be in it, he'll have nothing to do, he won't take out mace or any jedi, and the last scene of him is obviously meant to lead right into the OT where we see him grown up, in his prime, and fufilling his determintation and future occupation in his fathers footsteps just as he was trained by Jango.

2. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    "But Aurra DOES have a better chance than any extra or minor character."

You didn't quite explain this part.

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]well, I don't think she has a BETTER chance. hell chewbacca probably has a better chance of bein in the third one. I just don't see why she should not be in it. [/color]

4. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Aurra DOES have a better chance to be in episode 3 than many extras or speculated characters. Let me explain.....

- she was added urgently, at the last minute into episode 1 for " use in the later episodes" or something to that effect.

- lucas and staff have toyed with the idea of a female villian, most notably the sith witch. Although she is not a sith, she is indeed a female bounty hunter and seems mysterious and evil.

- Mcallum has said there will be a new villian in episode 3. I wouldn't say that it would be Tarkin since he has also said that there will be no new characters from the OT showing up or something like that.

- Vader likes to use bounty hunters.

I'm not saying she will be in it. I'm just saying she has a better chance than a lot. I feel she has a better chance than little boba at being a helper in the purge.

On another note, although it would be cool if she were in it, i wouldn't really care if she wasn't. I am just having some fun speculating.

And I do NOT like the EU! although i respect those who do.;)

5. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    If you read the latest Cinescape(I don't have copy yet but is in Latest News) George Lucas himself says Boba does make an appearance as a 13 yr old in-transition bounty hunter. He can't fit the helmet yet but Boba does play a small role.
    No menton of Aurra but I hope Lucas finaly uses her. I'm not an Aurra fan(she killed my dad Sharad!) but it does makes sense(EU comics) for her to have a hand in the demise of the Jedi class in the Old Republic...

6. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]NO NO NO! no spoilers. hell even something george says in a magazine is a spoiler to me![/color]

7. TheLurkerII

TheLurkerII Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Aurra Sing = Sifo-Dyas

think about it.....

8. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Sorry about that merlin!

Forgot I was on an EPIII NON-spoiler thread. These "Official" threads are kinda confusing! (Corny Capt Kirk speak: "Must be... thinking too much... about Aayla Secura..."

9. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Aurra Sing, if she's in it, will probably help kill the Jedi, maybe train Boba a little.

10. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yep, its what she does best. Does she also teach him the Ways of the Night, too?

Groovy!

11. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I just wanna see her kill a jedi or two. then I'd be happy.[/color]

12. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I wonder what it would be like to see Aurra with a ship and what kind of weapons she'd have!!!??! Please don't bombard me with all sorts of EU answers about how we've already seen this, haha!

13. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I just read KAMPILAN's post, and out of paranoia I want to ask for no spoilers! I know that there are different point of views on what a spoiler is, but that seemed a little overboard IMO. I'm not sure of the exact rules but I think that might be against them, seeing as it could be called a spoiler. Spoiler free 'til episode 3!

So back to Aurra Sing, any ideas on what she could do!!?

14. TheLurkerII

TheLurkerII Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    ummm... Kick some jedi ?@#!

15. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Sorry about that MW!

As far as what Aurra can/will do...I'm pretty much spoiled by the EU comics so what would you think Lucas will do different? I don't even know if he likes the idea of Aurra as a former Padawan. I think it'll make the demise of the Jedi Order that more interesting than just her being a non-Force sensitive bounty hunter like Zam-dude.
    Again, she killed my dad, Sharad Hett, former Padawan to Master Eeeth Koth! :(

16. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    No problem Kampilan!!! It wasn't THAT much of a spoiler, BUT I am pretty particular about going spoiler free.

I can't remember correctly, were any weapons shown with Aurra on her or on her balcony during the quik shot of her in the pod race. I know she had the double pistols and I think the rifle, but was there anything else? I've seen it so many times and I can't remember clearly, cuz its so quick!! I guess I got an excuse to pop in TPM tonight!

17. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    a couple of points i'd like to address:

1 - "spoilers" as defined in this forum, do NOT include anything stated by GL himself.

while i cannot say i agree totally, especially to a hard core spoiler-freeer, it IS STATED AS A RULE in the some thread here in this forum that i cannot find right now.

if anyone disagrees, please say so.
    i won't argue. i promise.
    i am just pretty sure that is how i remember it.

iron parrot:
    as stated plainly in "starlog" mag issue #300, GL states here, and not for the first time, that there is a "GRAY AREA" - i cannot post quotes here for time constraints and lack of location of these quotes, but i promise you this is true.

can you take my word for it?

aurra sing is a gray area.
    and like i said, if gl's chief creative staff wants a evil woman, zam wessel probably didn't fill their appetites.
    aurra sing, "the jedi killer" sure would.

so perhaps you could ease your position on what you'd actually like to see in epIII (or NOT see!) and agree that her character has more of a place than chewie, baby han, boba for the sake of boba, ET's!!!!!, and more nute gunray or sebulba sightings.

hell, aurra is way more important than even seeing uncle owen again.

tarkin, well, that's another story.

but aurra fits nicely into my view of epIII, and clearly even some non-EU'ers see this.

even maul only really lasted one episode, why not aurra?

one more thing:
    to take gl's line that "we'll see another major baddie in epIII," (paraphrased and perhaps said by mccallum) and pretend that they mean the birth of vader is pretty weak.

i have to believe he has more respect for the intellect of the masses than to think vader or the emperor is the "new" baddie.
    that makes us seem rather ignorant.

18. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Yes, I am not a fan of the EU and I still think Aurra Sing would be a cool addition to episode 3. Simply because many signs point to the possibility and she is not purely EU as we all know. There is some significance and I think it may be in episode 3.

19. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    upon all my viewings of TPM, i have never seen any other weapons.

the AF doesn't come with any either.

only the comics portray her with her "collected lightsabers" and actually packing one (or 2!) on her belt.

20. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    What is the big deal about Sing? She did absolutly nothing in TPM. Yet she is seen as the end all be all bounty hunter.
    In fact she was on screen for maybe 3 seconds.
    Help me out on this one. Why should someone who isn't a large character suddenly have a big roll?
    Jango Fett was a good character. Not because he bit the dust but because he gave Boba a backround.
    Sing isn't important. I sorry. I know everyone has their own favorite characters but how could anyone consider her a favorite.
    Open my eye's. And I may change my mind.

21. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Jedibri,
    There isn't really an obsession or anything, at least not with me. I personally am not into EU. The interest for me isn't what she HAS done, its what she COULD do. She seems to have some significance based on the way lucas put her in the film last second. I'm just speculating, having a little fun.

22. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    " This weapon is your life!" ~ Obi Wan Kenobi(referring to anakins lightsaber)

and

" Perhaps I killed a jedi and took it from him" Qui Gon
    " Thats impossible, NO ONE can kill a jedi." Anakin
    " I only wish that were so..." Qui Gon

Perhaps Lucas is building up to something here......

23. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    any thoughts here people????!!!!????

24. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I still think that a Force-sensitive bounty hunter is the best and most ironic idea in SW and would be a great chapter in EPIII! And the fact that she is a woman(no offense!) doing all this stuff makes her a stronger character than Zam Wessell.
    I say give her a lightsaber(s), keep the swoopbike, mention her backstory on her motives(maybe Dooky talks about her to Sidious?), help Dooky and Boba and kill some Jedi.
    Again, I am not a fan of Sing but it definitely makes EPIII a darker film...She's the closest thing to a Sith Witch!

25. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    If Aurra Sing does appear in Episode III I think she will either be a Sith Witch (maybe Dooku takes an apprentice to help him try and overthrow Sidious) or Boba Fett's new mentor.
    Interesting fact: in the Star Wars Demolitions game it says that Aurra Sing is still alive at the time of ANH. Make of that what you will :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.