main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Sending out some emails. I don't know whom to ask but will inquire. Sorry for the trouble!

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks! I imagine somebody knows, or knows somebody who knows.

In the meantime I'll use this empty slot to finally get to JP2.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

jasonfry likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    100 pages into Rebel In The Ranks and am loving it but one question.
    What is up with the psychotic officials? That Athletic Official (or whatever he was) in the first book and
    Currahee in this book?
    Okay yes they are supposed to be like that but Jeez.

4. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    You may change your mind about old Curry. She's rough on the cadets but it's kind of her job. Roddance, on the other hand....

Gorefiend and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That probably was a nit-pick (if there ever was one) but I had to get that one off my chest.
    Roddance-yeah. Not a cool guy. Just a ways past his intro.
    At least Chiron is decent.

Though I'll wait to judge him.

6. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    Just got an email update from Disney Consumer Products. I have been corresponding with them a couple times about the ebook version of Rebel in the Ranks and they said they "have reached out to the proper department for assistance" and "will contact me once an update is provided." So at least they are aware of the problem and hopefully we will all have digital access soon. If I hear anything else, I will post it here.

jasonfry and CooperTFN like this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Since I can't read it for a while yet I don't even mind that the Kindle version isn't up yet, I'd just love to know what the story is there--whether it's just an oversight or if there's some reason why they wanted it delayed, or whether there were talks of not doing one at all.

8. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Not to change topic or nag or anything, but is the updated version of the Atlas appendix still scheduled for release? I remember you mentioning that it had been submitted and that it had been pushed back in the publishing schedule due to the sheer volume of releases in the news and blog section or something along those lines. I've been dying to see what goes where. :p

9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I don't know what's happening with the ebook, though I too have been assured folks are looking into it. I'm as curious as the rest of you are. If it's something that could affect the third book I will raise the issue soonest.

Updated Atlas appendix still in works, but now looks like May is more likely. Here's the situation: I have one slot per month on the official blog, there are other things I have to use those spots for, and the Atlas appendix is easier to move than something like a blog post related to a new book release -- for my next slot I'm going to write about Rebel in the Ranks. An additional factor: Those geographic placements need to get approved by Leland, who as you might imagine is really busy these days.

Put these things together and the appendix update keeps getting moved. Which I know is frustrating, but I hope folks understand why there's a delay.

10. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    @Mr. Fry:
    Was reading Last Call at the Zero Angle and saw that one of the pilots was named Artur Essada. Any relation to Governor Bin Essada or just coincidence? If he is, that would interesting since Alan Dean Foster is profiled in this issue of Insider.

11. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

No connection in my mind except reusing the last name. Aren't you glad I for once didn't name anybody Arhul?

12. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I miss Beilert.

Orman Tagge, jSarek and jasonfry like this.
  13. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I just like that these updates will be canon since you have to get approvals for them. And confirmation that Chee is indeed busy working. We've had our doubts from time to time. :p

my kind of scum likes this.
  14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Just finished the second Servants of the Empire book - liked it even more than the first and I feel that they are the best two books in the new canon, honestly. But that ending... I need the next book in the series. Today, if possible.

jasonfry and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That ending indeed.
    So it's Merei's fault for the pod-racing parts. Zare was all excited and then not. Merei meeting Zeb and Sabine was good as well.

jasonfry likes this.
  16. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Ha, awesome. (And many thanks!)

As a writer, crafting a good cliffhanger is hard to resist -- Jupiter Pirates 4 will end with one so huge that I'm trying to figure out how to warn readers that even a glance at the last page will ruin it. (Luckily I have till at least Dec 2016 to figure it out.) Servants of the Empire #3 was supposed to end with one that was as big, but I just couldn't make it work with the overall story. So I looked at Merei's story and thought about how to keep upping the ante, and there it was.

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    CooperTFN likes this.
  18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

ForceCast? Those bastards?

Eric Geller and Havac like this.
  19. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I just finished Rebel in the Ranks as well and I really enjoyed it, it helped flesh out Breaking Ranks and make it more interesting. Am I right in thinking that this book ends very close to the end of the Lothal Year, so that it takes place during approximately 4 months?

20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    jasonfry - How soon can we start pestering you for more information on this YA Luke novel? (particularly timeline placement...) ;)

And how soon can we preorder?

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    #nospoilers

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    All The Spoilers!

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    All we know is there's a big musical number.

ifleninwasawizard and jasonfry like this.
  24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Preorder (for the physical book) is already up at AMZN.

Re pestering, let's wait for the catalog description (which should be pretty soon) and then we'll see. This is my first pre-movie rodeo and I don't want to screw anything up.

jSarek and my kind of scum like this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Especially since the Mouse is watching.

No seriously I used to work at Disneyland and they had a giant Mickey Mouse staring out of binoculars plastered against the wall of a building back stage and it said something about the Mouse is watching. Scary stuff. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

jSarek and Random Comments like this.