main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The Official SWC Dueling Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Vanguard

"You seem familiar to me, sir. Have you threatened me before?"

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Shuk'la chuckled before responding, "If you received a threat from me, jetii, you wouldn't be standing."

Hanging his DC-17 on a nearby rack, he remained outside the circle.

"Make sure you are well rested before we begin. This victory won't be credited to my vod wearing you down." Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "I'm rested and ready to go, Master Shuk'la. I just need to decide what to play with this round. My sword got kind of blown up last round, so I'll borrow something off the rack here. How about a vibrorapier? I'll leave it switched off since this is just friendly sparring. Think I'll shuck the armor and try to work on my mobility and agility this round. Do you have any of those little buckler-sized portable shields? I'd love to try one of those. I used to be pretty good at sword-and-buckler cut and thrust fencing."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Watch_portable_shield

The Vanguard, Bardan_Jusik

The Vanguard likes this.
  4. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    "Amuse yourself with it if you must, outsider."

Shuk'la tossed a portable projection shield at the feet of the Jedi and taking his (collapsible) combat staff in hand, stepped into the battle circle.

Affixed securely to the top of the staff was his curved-tip dagger, a curious item to which it's origin story is only privy to some..

Gripping the lower third of his staff, he aimed the weapon at his opponent, stance square, mind focused. A phrase reverberating within his core as he switched into ready...

Nasreyc a'den.

TAG: Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I picked up the energy buckler and activated it. It was a good size and weight for defensive swashbuckling, and made a well-balanced match with the vibrorapier. I took a few quick steps to reprogram myself to move without the weight of my armor and ran through some guards for sword and buckler: fool's guard, fiddle, crutch. I hadn't fought in this style for some time. Sure hope I don't make a fool of myself.

"So it's to be glaive against rapier and buckler! An intriguing asymmetrical match, I think. Let us begin."

I stepped into the circle and assumed a ready stance, left foot forward, buckler extended toward my opponent and sword cocked behind my right shoulder.

[​IMG] OOC: That's me on the right.

The Vanguard

The Vanguard likes this.
  6. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Seeing the Jedi with his rapier cocked behind his shoulder, Shuk'la briskly approached and raised his staff high above his head, still pointed at his opponent.

Closing in, the Mando attacked first. Using range to his advantage, he dropped the glaive near his right hip and planted his left foot to thrust his staff straight for the left hip of the Jedi, arms fully extended. His right leg crossing behind the left, to aid in recovery.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I pivoted quickly on my left foot, shifting myself to my right as I lunged forward and switched to a right foot forward stance. My buckler intercepted the thrust of his glaive, which hit with enough power to drive my wrist back into my hip with a bruising impact. These Mandalorians are not weaklings! With a whiplike coiling motion that began at the souls of my feet and continued up all the way to my wrist and fingers, I flicked the rapier forward into a cut that sliced down at an angle toward the left side of his neck. If it landed, it would only be with the very tip of the blade; the way his feet were positioned made me wary of the way he could counter with the opposite end of his staff, encouraging me to keep a little extra distance from him.

The Vanguard

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

*sighs*

I feel like murdering someone.

Any volunteers? :redsaber:

9. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    The thrust was met with the portable shield, a well timed block, for all intents and purposes - landed where it was supposed to.
    Not bad.

His feet were resetting, like a spring pushing back into place - bringing his weak leg back into rear position. However, the Jedi had already moved to strike..

Seeing the human's right arm coming down at an angled high attack, Shuk'la wasn't close enough to mount a hard counter. Albeit he was close enough to take a hit to his neck.

Without hesitation he took a small, half-step back to avoid the hammer fall of his opponent's blade. The *whish* of the blade sang it's song inches from his helmet. Close one.

With the time he used to recover instead of block, Shuk'la reared his weapon to his left and prepared for a heavy side-slash aimed at the Jedi's right side (opposite his shield.)

Sarge likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    As the Mandalorian danced back just out of range of my cut, I realized that he had impressively quick footwork for a man in heavy armor. This one took his melee training seriously.

I sprang forward and to my left. He was trying to keep me at a distance so he could take advantage of his weapon's reach, therefore I chose to get in as close as I could. As the polearm came whistling in from my right, I locked my right elbow and wrist to block it with my vibrorapier. It's a good thing I wasn't using a lightsaber; the impact slammed the flat of my blade into my shoulder. I'd be going home with bruises today. But I won't be the only one!

With my blade bound up by his staff, I resorted to my left hand for attack and swung the energy buckler in a roundhouse punch at the side of his head. Let's see if these things are any use on the offense...

The Vanguard

The Vanguard likes this.
  11. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

*wonders what would happen if Vanguard's Mando were to duel his Jedi character*

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OOC: I haven't heard from The Vanguard in a couple of days. I'll be offline until Thursday.

13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Shuk'la's heavy attack was too slow. The jetti closed in and only took half the intended blow-force to his right arm. The human pressed his advance and threw a strong left with the portable shield aimed at the Mandalorian's head. Shuk'la's heart raced with excitement.

"Guuror ibic ad'ika!" he shouted from beneath his buy'ce.

The Mandalorian responded, his motions fluid, as if rehearsed. Holding his ground, he leaned slightly on his rear strong leg and ducked beneath the heavy left blow. Dropping his bevik he grunted, "K'olar!" Leading with his right shoulder and pushing from his back leg, he lunged with a chop block at the humans legs hoping to get him on the ground.

OOC: Now that would be an intense fight to author. :p Ananta Chetan

Sarge likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Seeing the Mandalorian throwing himself at my legs, I chose to demonstrate what a Jedi can do when he's not encumbered by heavy armor. I leaped toward him and tucked forward into a midair somersault, pulling my legs up and out of the way as I flew over Shuk'la. Landing behind him, quickly rolled to my feet and spun in a crouch, facing him with weapons ready.

"You seem to have dropped something, Master Shuk'la. I assume that doesn't meant you're disarmed. I never assume a Mandalorian is disarmed unless he's naked. And maybe not then either."

The Vanguard

The Vanguard likes this.
  15. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Shuk'la underestimated the Jedi's maneuverability. Snarling beneath his breath as he missed, the Mandalorian dove straight into the dirt.

He rose to his feet, brushing the cheeky human's comment's aside.
    Shuk'la deliberately paused and moved his hand toward his vambrace.

(While lowering his shoulder to tackle during his last bout, the Mando quietly rolled a concussive-detonator behind himself. His strategy was to grab the Jedi and reverse-throw the human near the device. The blast would hit them both but would most likely render the jetii unconscious. His plan was altered, but still worked since the human stood a mere inches from the device.)

Shuk'la slowly pressed his hand towards the remote detonation button on his gauntlet, *beep*...

Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ooh, this is gonna be bad!

My feet danced, kicking the concussion grenade toward the Mandalorian and launching me backward away from him. It detonated in mid-air, halfway between us. I couldn't tell what it did to him, but the pressure wave picked me up and lifted me several meters backward before slamming me into the ground, knocking the breath out of me.

Focus! Make the diaphragm flex, get air into your lungs... and breathing again! Breathing is good.

"No, definitely not disarmed. I'm ready for a rest and a drink. Want to call this round a draw, friend?"

The Vanguard

The Vanguard likes this.
  17. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    [MEDIA]https://youtu.be/V0gVk7m3VYw[/MEDIA]

Identifying the device at the last second, with a swift boot the human Jedi kicked the detonator back towards Shuk'la.

"Jate geroya.."

It wasn't the first time he'd been caught in a shockwave. But this one particularly stung. Disoriented, he sailed through the air for a brief moment before finding the dirt, again. Slowly raising to his feet, Shuk'la stood and faced the human - who offered a draw.

In any other case, the Mando would have laughed at the offer and finished the fight until one of them was incapacitated. But at the moment, he saw the offer fitting.

"Well met, Jedi." Shuk'la beat his chest plates twice before exiting the battle circle.

"I hope you can handle your liquor better than you handle combat."

Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014

Chivalry in context of fighting is funny. The aim of fight is to win, so impose Chivalry which limits your options in fight. Chivalry should be for life, and while its nice to show honor in combat, doing so can be at your own peril.

19. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Padawan Training, Lightsaber Combat
    Temple of Light, Courtyard

The sun was falling in the sky, bringing the afternoon closer to dusk. Koji Vansyph stood on the Temple's second floor balcony, overlooking the courtyard. Two temple security guards entered the grounds as combatants for padawan Silent's training, armed with vibro training blades. Van waited for his padawan to arrive and begin her next lesson.

TAG: TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I arrived in silence, training lightsaber in hand as I walked down the steps into the courtyard. I glanced up to see Master The Vanguard watching and bowed in respect before turning my attention to the Temple Guards.

21. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Temple Courtyard

Silent approaches the two awaiting guards, who draw their weapons and nod to the padawan, as if to signal they are ready. Silent offers a courteous bow to Van, who is watching from the observation deck. He bows his head in response.

"Begin." he calls from overhead.

The more senior guard, who was sporting a well-manicured goatee, began with a cross-cutting slash from top to bottom, right to left. The junior guard, clean shaven, waited for a half second before following up with an overhead strike aimed at Silent's head.

TheSilentInfluence

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I block the senior guards strike quickly, pushing back to defend myself as I ducked under the second guards strike, twisting around the senior guard to get behind him. I stepped back, training saber raised as I waited for the next moves.

The Vanguard

23. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Goatee-Guard turns to follow Silent's movements as she parried his attack. The Junior guard lets out a grunt as his blade swishes through the air and almost into the ground.

Silent's movements are speedy and fall within acceptable reflex range for a padawan.

Clean shaven is still recovering from his miss while Senior Guard attacks again, this time with a two-handed high thrust.

The guards are able to keep pace, which is to be expected from former padawan learners who didn't pass the trials..

TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I raise my blade up just in time to block, a little clumsily before stepping back and bringing my blade down on the senior guard.

The Vanguard

The Vanguard likes this.
  25. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017

Well Hello Sith, I used to be part of your order. Seek Revenge? but you may have trouble with the murder[face_devil]:bluesaber:

If Reiis is too scared, Does anyone else want to battle!

*Lightsaber spins in Hand*

Ooh... Blue is actually quite a nice change from red.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.