main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Official Tenel Ka Fanclub!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, Iktomi, but I 'ship Jack Harkness/Ianto Jones from Torchwood and find Kunzite/Zoicite from Sailor Moon to be rather cute. :p

Don't forget Shinji/Kaoru, my first slash ship. (I actually refer to Kaoru throwing the fight, or Mara throwing the fight in Sacrifice, or Jacen throwing the fight in Invincible as Tabrising.)

My first live=action slash ship was Sean and Craig from Degrassi: The Next Generation. (Sean has some Stu traits, but he's actually well-written, which is more than I can say for 99% of the show. He's only really annoying in season 6, when he's the hypotenuse in a yandere love triangle.* The Sue is Emma. The other yandere is Peter.)

*God help you if two yandere fall in love with you at once. She's related to tsundere, dandere, and kuudere, but if one of those skanks bothers you, I'll rip her heart out.

Would Tahiri/Tenel Ka be 'hot'? Yeah, no denying. But also potentially good character development for the pair and some well-deserved happiness for the two as well.

Agreed. They've both had a lot of pain.

And yes, that scene with Ben and Tahiri in Invincible is one of the MANY reasons I hate Troy Denning's SW novels. All. Of. Them. :mad::mad::mad::mad: [/quote]

Yeah, I mean, Sherman Alexie does shota, and I read Sherman Alexie, but Alexie's shota is usually an actual rape as a metaphor for a metaphorical rape. (In "The Sin Eaters", the government forces a thirty-year-old Apache woman to sleep with a twelve-year-old Spokane boy. And it's awkward, not "hot".) And Alexie isn't writing shota in a children's franchise, except for that one (lampshaded) double entendre in The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Actually, I can forget about Shinji/Kaoru, but only because I've never seen a second of Neon Genesis Evangelion-and have NO desire to, either.

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Oddly, I've never been into pairings at all when it comes to Evangelion. I think it's a good series, though.

As for Tahiri and Tenel Ka, it's still mostly about character development, even if it is hot.

4. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    It's the only non-kriffed-up pairing in the entire series.

Back when I was into Degrassi: The Next Generation, before I realized it totally paled in comparison to the original, I shipped Sean/Craig, mostly because I was sick and tired of Sean/Emma fans making a big deal about him saving her life. (Sean saved Craig from a train once.) Then I started seeing all sorts of ho yay between the two of them.

T/TK does offer some character development, I'll admit. <tahiri-as-misato>And plenty of fanservice.</tahiri> Remember how Thrawn McEwok liked any Tahiri or Anakin ship?

5. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I can't believe I actually read this page...

6. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    *puts on 70s-style pimp suit*

Shut yo mouth!
    We just talkin bout slash

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR

*A hologram slowly begins to form eventually coalescing into a
    humanoid shape. The cross T visor and beskar armor identify
    him as a Mandalorian mercenary. A jetii'kad trophy swings freely
    at his belt as he begins to speak.*

Greetings, gentlebeings, allow me to introduce myself. I am Bardan_Jusik Mandalorian warrior and currently under contract to the EU Senate as Director of Security. As per the EU Constitution, Lady Adalia-Durron has stepped down as Chancellor and dissolved the current government. The time has come for the Senators of all threads to come together and elect a new Chancellor, a strong Chancellor. If your thread has no sitting Senator, you may elect one and be represented in the Senate.

The candidates thus far are; Adalia-Durron, the incumbent, for Chancellor
    and her running mate for Vice-Chancellor, Albaholly. Opposing
    them are Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor and his running mate
    Sinrebirth for Vice-Chancellor. The vote is scheduled for 23
    January. If you have any other candidates you wish to nominate or wish to add to the discussion follow this link

http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/31471142/p2/?31

We in the Senate look forward to your participation.

END TRANSMISSION

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry, Jill. We're just trying to rescue Tahiri from the Scrappy Heap. ;) And... okay. Elections. Haven't had to deal with those for a while. Where's my suit?

9. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    She wouldn't even be in the Scrappy Heap if not for Denning. Really, one little scene and they brand you a pedo. Even though Ben is postpubsecent.

To a large extent, one must understand exactly what we're talking about. It's like the ancient Greeks. Indeed, since we're talking about shota, we might as well use the Greeks as a perfect example:

Out of context: Men have sex with little boys.
    In context: Twentysomethings have sex with teenagers, as part of a mentoring relationship. Also, an Athenian boy could say no to his erastes far easier than an Athenian woman could to her husband.

In Tahiri's case, I've come to accept that offering Ben sex was far more merciful than torturing him. And Tahiri wanted an end to the war, but she couldn't kill Jacen: In addition to that being an act of assassination and possibly treason, he was also far too powerful, second only to Luke (and even then...) So she accepted that she'd have to help Jacen. And it's much more ethical to offer a teenage boy sex than to torture him.

I more hate Denning for just putting that kind of perviness in there. The radar is dead in the Star Wars universe now.

10. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    That made me laugh outloud. Can you imagine having a "mentoring relationship" today?

You are correct. What possessed Denning to do that? Reading it just made me cringe.

11. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Thanks to the media's love of such stories, I've seen all sorts of weird dysfunction. Moms who sleep with their sons' friends, a mom who signed a permission slip for her daughter to have sex with her twentysomething boyfriend, etc.

And of course, I can personally tell you stories from my own family about missionaries who molested Indian kids and said that 200 years ago, it would've been "normal" as an excuse. These same missionaries would even force the girls to have abortions. (Yeah, real Christian there...) Of course, even if that "200 years ago..." thing were true, the pedophile would be at best a darker and edgier parody of the real thing, as I mentioned.

I've come to expect all sorts of crazy poodoo from fantasists. I mean, I remember reading Ender's Game, complete with boys fighting in the shower. It was then that I realized why Card opposes gay marriage; homosexuals snubbed NAMBLA. LOL

I think they were going for the "We're going to be like Evangelion because everyone likes dark stuff. Only even more dark." idea. Cue shota. (Misato pretty much flirts with any male she sees.) Cue Jacen one-upping Kaoru by not only dying but being damned to save the galaxy. Cue Jacen and Ben's relationship and especially Luke and Mara's denial of Jacen being a Sith being portrayed as vaguely pedophiliac. You start to see this in the Dark Nest books, with Jacen mindraping Ta'a Chume. (Though, even if I hadn't seen Evangelion, I would probably still be singing "Hallelujah" when that happened.)

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    What Tahiri did to Ben angers me and hits a lot of my 'this is not bad writing. It goes a level or thirty thousand below that.'

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    TXTK>TXBen
    TXRiina>TXBen
    TXAnakin>TXBen

Don't know what happened in the books after I stopped reading and don't want to know, either. :p

14. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Yeah, I suppose there is a way to place her in leather pants, but still...I doubt Denning was thinking of "Tahiri wants this war to end, and she doesn't want to hurt Ben in the process, so..."

Dear God, whoever thought the "teenagers with attitude" approach would work within Star Wars? Well, besides KJA, but that was a lighter, softer time.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I do not like Draco in Leather Pants. Nor Rooting for the Empire or Evil is Sexy. Call me a wide-eyed idealist, mostly because that's what I am, but I like the good guys.

16. EUS_Update

EUS_Update Jedi Knight

Jun 4, 2005
    **Dusts off his old Minister of Internal Affairs vestments and walks in with a mild fanfare**

Hear ye, hear ye...

The Expanded Universe Senate is calling all Senators and Leaders of the EUC. It is now time to vote for the ones who will be assisting our Emperor GrandAdmiralJello and Modess s65horsey in running our Community through the New Senate. The manditory nomination and examination period has expired and the time for voting is at hand!

For your information the candidates are...

Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor with Sinrebirth as his Vice Chancellor

&

Adalia Durron for Chancellor with Albaholly as her Vice Chancellor.

Voting has begun and will last for one week. Please consult with the members of the group you represent before rendering your vote.

Thank you

And as always...

It's your EUC, be part of it!!!.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I think TK has a back cover coming up in FOTJ... but beyond that, I'm not sure she'll even get a speaking role in the novel.

18. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    But we have cookies!

I don't mind villains, if their motives are complex. Or if they just have total Rule Of Cool, like Palpatine (whose only motive is to rule the universe).

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    The good guys have cookies, too. :p And they're cooler than the bad guys.

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I liked Vader better, if only for this appearance and breath. That reminds me, Darth Caedus is an insult to good villainry.

21. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Yeah, Darth Caedus is not a really good villain. I mean, I understand him, sorta. It just seems so stupid. And they're trying to come up with his motives after they already killed him.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Which is the worst thing you can do, IMHO.

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Worse than killing his character already?

I decided to follow up slightly on my genderbending plot bunny and created a profile of Tenel Ka's male counterpart from Gender Bender Universe: http://silsolo.deviantart.com/art/Tenel-Ka-GB-257488718

Please note that I'm only bending the characters who were born after a certain time.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    They're trying to make excuses for his fall, trying to make it more than, "We're getting paid to write awful novels!"

25. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    You mean write why they wrote his character so awfully in the first place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.