main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yay! Stacey's coming here!

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey Stacey there is a cat show at the fairgrounds this weekend. I'm going Friday. Thought I would let you know :) .

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    My plans for this saturday - Scream Team for the marathoners at Myrtle Beach Marathon at 6AM, then drive back to Cary and run a WARS TCG tournament at All Fun and Games at 5PM, then go home and run the RPG at my house. A full day. Gotta eat my Wheaties.

4. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Star Wars Miniatures Sunday at 2pm at Fallen Orc Games in Cary. Be there or don't, but you should come. Everyone's invited so come. If you want to join our mailing list let me know.

5. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Nat, thanks for the heads up. I had to come back to FL to pack up the rest of my stuff and arrange for movers before we close on the condo. I should be officially moved up there no later than March 10. Of course once I have my place in shape there will be a housewarming party and I would love for all of you to be there. I can't wait!!!

6. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey there, hope everyone had a great weekend. I FINALLY took the plunge and ordered a kit of Stormtrooper Armor. I hope to have it by the end of the week and can start putting it together and getting ready to troop before EP3 gets here :)

7. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Where'd you order it from?

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Most guys get their trooper outfits from Sean Dudley of the 501st. Another contact is Cheralyn who lives in Charlotte.

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Hey guys I got an interview with Barnes and Noble in Southpoint on Thursday.

Cross your fingers, I hope I get this job!!!

-Janers

10. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Janers, [-o| [face_good_luck] for your interview. I know you will do well.

11. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Do they have pregnant stormtrooper versions ;) Alright, seriously, gotta get me something to wear!

Also: Yeah, good luck Janers :D

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yay for the preggers stormtrooper! Way to go, Jumpmaster! Do we have a boy clone or a girl clone? :D

13. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Girl Clone!!! Sophia Stormtrooper Matys

OK, just kidding, it's Sophia Reagan (but we'll call her Sophie)

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've landed a part time job at the RBC center for event security, pay stinks but its a fun and easy job.
    I have 4 really good leads from networking there.
    I've applied for a Cary 911 position, a SunMedical QA position, a baggage / cargo handler position at American Eagle, and a job consultant at NC ESC. I feel pretty good about one of those being my next job, so send lots of prayers, peoples!

15. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Sorry I haven't been on lately, I've been busy with schoolwork.

I have to go back to Barnes and Noble for a second interview on Saturday. Glad to hear that the job thing is going well for you Don!

My thoughts and praryers are with you!

16. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Still looking for positions for full time work, but I did land a sales associate position at Home Depot in Cary

17. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I just got my new blog up!!! I'm really excited about it. My last blog was just a quicky design with little effort but this time I made my own template and started using a better blog service adn got a new host. Anyway it is still in need of tweaking but for the most part its all up!

http://www.flowerspride.com

18. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Well gang, here it is. I am moving up there on Saturday!!!!! I will be moving my stuff into my new apt. on Sunday after 1:00pm if any of you are available to help(please, please?). PM me if you need my cell phone or just call Don and he can give you the details. I will spring for pizza and soda of course. There isn't a lot of stuff, but the more hands the shorter the time it takes. I am so excited to be starting this new chapter of my life with all of you fun folks in the Triangle.

19. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Chris and I would be perfect for the job since we just moved his sister's family in last Saturday to a new apartment in Fayeteville. The only problem is we will be coming back from DC that day and by the time we get home I have a feeling we will be exhausted adn it will be late.

Good luck though, can't wait to see your new place :) .

20. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    That is ok Nat. You and Chris enjoy yourselves in DC. As soon as I get all setup and settled in, my cat and I will be hosting a housewarming party. I will see you and Chris at the roleplaying game on Saturday the 19th.

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Those of you looking for some ready made Jedi costumes, there's some fairly decent looking ones at Museum Replicas and search on Hiroka. There's some beige and black east Indian Nehru with high collar undershirts for $85, boots for $110 or so and one full leather hand made black outfit for $395.

22. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Once things settle down a bit around here, I want to get the stuff to put together a Rebel Pilot outfit. Eventually when I get rid of the baby fat (I am confident is going to go away a couple of months after she is born!!!!!) I would like the Padme AOTC Battle Arena outfit. Just have to work up (or down)to that one. Also think it will cost a little more to actually make that as compared as getting some things together to look like a stunning Red 5 chick. ;)

23. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm still trying to get rid of sympathy baby fat, seven months later. :(

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Total silliness found on top5.net - -

The Top 12 Pick-Up Lines Used by Star Wars Fans

"Hey, Beautiful. What's a nice girl like you doing waiting in line without bathing for 10 days?"

"Your place or my Mom's?"

"I... uh... ummm... I... uh... (slaps own forehead)
    Stupid! STOO-pid!"

"You're even prettier than my fantasy girlfriend."

"I may look like an Ewok, but I'm all Wookie where it counts, baby."

"Date, or date not -- there is no 'let's just friends be'."

"If you only knew the power of the Dork Side."

"How's about a long time of Joe, in a bedroom not far away?"

"Nice buns, Princess! On your head, that is."

"Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!"

"If I said you had a mint first-edition, still-in-box action figure, would you hold it against me?"

and the Number 1 Pick-Up Line Used by Star Wars Fans...

"I'm gonna be an evil warlord when I grow up.
    Want a Milk Dud?"

25. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Niiiiice! The last one just about sums it up huh? Good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.