main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Official Wheel of Time thread!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey, btw - did any of my female picks go over very well? I haven't heard a single thing on those... ?[face_plain]

Oh, btw... This is Orlando Bloom in real life (as compared to his blond-haired blue-eyed Legolas look):

[image=http://www.orlandobloom.co.nz/images/ob35.jpg]
    (I hope that shows up)

2. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Kreleia, I agree with you 100% on Moiraine. Rachel Lee Cook would make a good Min as well. I disagree with you on Elayne, I always pictured her as a blonde. Is she a redhead in the books? I also somewhat agree with you on Aviendha, but somehow Claire Danes just reminds me of Juliet. :)

Maybe Leelee Sobieski for Aviendha? I don't know, she has a deep voice that sounds Aviendhish to me. There was someone else with a deep voice I was thinking about for Aviendha, but I've since forgotten. [face_plain]

*SB*

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    elayne was most definitely blond.

4. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    I just got past the winternight chapter in the first book and it is just getting better and better I can not put the book down and am dissapointed when I have to. By the way about how old is Rand?

5. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    erm...I gather he's a teenager starting out...'round 17 or 18?

6. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
  7. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Ms. Tierney could work.

I still think Robert Redford would make a good Lan. I know he's not buff, but Lan IS a little older, and Redford has the right face.

8. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm no good at casting people for stuff. 8-} I think I need to read more to get a good grasp on the characters.

sideshow212: Thank you so much for lending me The Great Hunt! :D I liked it a lot, and I hope to see Mat get better after the dagger issue is dealt with. :) Could I borrow The Dragon Reborn when I return The Great Hunt? :confused:

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep - Maura Tierney would definitely work. Good call. She looks a *tad* too old, but that can be fixed. :)

10. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Ion_Control: sure, just call me your one-stop RJ library! ;) [face_laugh]
    you can get it whenever i see you next, which will probably be at my party because i won't be able to make it to the meeting next month.

if your interested (after you finish the series!) i also have a short story by robert jordan called "new spring".
    it's a little piece about how lan and moraine meet, very cool!

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I'd have to say a big negative on Redford as Lan...Lan has GOT to be a big dude and intimidating...his acting isn't the highest priority since Lan has few lines anyway.

12. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    sideshow: [face_laugh] Thanks! :)

13. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    ion: anytime! :D

sorry guys, but i gotta agree with jedidragon on this.
    c'mon! lan is the freaking conan of the group!
    ;)

i guess there really is no right answer since everyone who reads the series will have there own views, but it's fun! [face_laugh]

14. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    I guess I never pictured Lan as being the hulking buff type. I always thought of him as the toned, somewhat sinewy swordsman. Kinda like a Samurai who's trained all his life, ya know? ('cept taller)

15. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I agree with Moe. I just don't picture Lan as a hulking beast of a guy, but tall and lean. One good thing about books that haven't been made into movies-everyone who reads has their own cast. :)

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I can't really look it up b/c I don't remember where it was, but I remember it saying that Lan was a big guy (not in those words obviously). He towers over Nynaeve and he's supposed to be broad shouldered...that puts a big, ripped guy in my head for that...*shrug*.

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW...4th page...

TO THE TOP!!

18. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    I have just started on my virgin tour of The Wheel of Time I have finished the prologue and am now beginning chapter 1. Wish me luck. :D

19. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Light, you are now one of us. I am currently about halfway though #6. Good stuff. :)

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    glad to hear you made it past 5 (IMO the worst one). The end of 6 is cool as frell! :) Just wait till you get to book 9 though...great stuff!

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    argh, I just realized that Harry Potter 5 and WoT 10 come out the same month...hrm. Which to read first? Probably wheel of time b/c it'll be easier to get ahold of at the base library...

22. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    I thought Harry Potter 5 wasn't coming out until next June. And isn't the new WOT coming out in November? ?[face_plain] Which one got moved?! (If it's HP, YEAH!!)

23. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    well, im pretty sure the 10th WoT book is still due out in november...

24. Mobius

Mar 3, 2002
    Last time I checked, the new WOT is still November. That is as of 2 weeks ago.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    people are telling me in the Harry Potter thread (on the Denver forum) that Harry Potter is comin out in November to correspond with the new movie...

here is the link to the Denver Harry Potter thread

And yeah, book 10 is definitely coming out in November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.