main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    From Twitter:
    @DrewKarpyshyn @SWTOR If this isn't earthshattering news, you've overdone it...massively!
    .@FlemmingDrachen Heaven forbid! Wouldn't want to be the first people to ever overhype something on the Internet.

Does it means, that it would be truly something big?

Yeah, I would like to see some interactions between Ghost!Revan and Valkorion.

2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Meh I would pay it. Still better then doing the PVP.

Zorrixor

where is the map?

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    AusStig it's in one of the recent spoiler posts in the main Ep 7 thread.

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Might as well spend my cartel coins on something like that that, since it doesn't seem like there's going to be any account unlock discount this year. Not even any news of a flash sale so far. Well, maybe if we give them a few more hours they'll announce something as a surprise, but I'm not expecting it anymore at this point. Ugh, I've been collecting armors and vehicles for this day for half a year. Last year I used up almost all of my monthly cartel coins on Black Friday, I rarely ever use CC on anything else (I hate gambling on cartel packs).

Doesn't help that their so-called sale is 25% off only the newer, worse cartel packs, which are the only ones available at the moment.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    When is this purported epic announcement due to fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/mobile?sf42746388=1

On a developer live stream.
    At

"
    STREAM SCHEDULE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic December Producer Livestream

WHEN: Tuesday, December 1st 3-3:30PM PDT
    "
    So 11 pm for me in England. I might stay up and watch. I'm quite hyped about it.

7. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Probably not just that surely?

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    ...if that's all it is then I consider my "rewards" one hell of an unsatisfying anticlimax.

10. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Subscriber Rewards? I really hope that's not what they were talking about, as that would be really pathetic. Hopefully new subscriber rewards will just be one of the things they announce next week.

Although the marketing people really need to work on their pitch. Having the last two guys post helped build up hype, but this kind of kills it, or make us fear it'll just be a stupid announcement. I wasn't expecting that great, but this is not helping the momentum.

11. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Especially consindering it was hyped by SWTOR writers like Charles Boyd, Hall Hood, Courtney Woods or Drew Karpyshyn.

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    See, I just assumed they were messing with us. This is about what I expected.

13. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Am i missing something here? The announcement is next Tuesday...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

14. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So when is the info set to be released?

15. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    The livestream should be at... 3PM Pacific time, I believe? I'm still not expecting much, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it is something substantial. Like say more companions coming back, or even a release date for the next KotFE chapter. Even something like a new operation, or even just a roadmap for the next 6 months. More likely it'll just be more pets or mounts for subscribers, but you never know.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I saw Drew Karpyshyn tagged in tweets but is he involved in this "big" announcement?

17. GFFAwakens

GFFAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    1) I re-subbed a month or so before KOTFE, so I didn't get the companion, but I did get a mount and a body armor. Hoping that today's announcement doesn't fall totally flat. They've said "sub rewards" multiple times, so its got to be more than just a release date.

2) I played in beta, was a Founder (always use that title just because), but I only finished Sith Warrior story and half of Smuggler way back when. Decided to give the game another go recently and I'm 100% totally in love. I've lost interest in raiding in any MMO so I can't speak to that, but just playing through class stories at a quicker pace has really made this game interesting to me. My Trooper is 43 and I'm loving it; I've got every other class around 10, can't wait to dive in further.

3) Companions with maxed affection pre-KOTFE seemed to start at Level 10 in 4.0. Okay cool, but check this out...level a fresh character now and watch that rank grow like crazy. My Trooper's Arric Jorgan is Rank 21 and I haven't even finished the vanilla class story! Dorne is 17! It may be cheating, but I'm definitely using the terminal to get my highest ranked companion out for Heroic Star Fortresses.

4) I was auto placed on the dead, depressing Prophecy of the Five. I'd like to transfer my legacy over to a better (livelier) server. Recommendations? Anyone have a guild?

18. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    It's a bonus chapter where you play AS HK-55

19. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    So chapter Ten coming February 11th. New companion Rattaki. For sub early access 9th Feb

January 11th subscriber reward Hk-55 "breakout favourite companion" so bring him back. Rewarded 11th February.
    3 second clip shown. Pointless.

"big thing" (pfft)
    Subscribe from January 11- August 1st and Bonus chapter and you can play as that HK -55,

monthly Sub reward TBA Hk related/themed and early access to chapter released that month if subscriber on first day of every month.

Anarchy In Paradise details in January
    "Recruit the wookie gladiator Bowdaar"
    Fight for the eternal Championship and it's solo and kinda like a survival game. Once enough progress made you get the wookie.

New levels of crafting. (this point I'm too much of a noob player to really care)

December events-
    Gree
    Rakgoul Plague
    Bounty Hunter Contract
    week each.

8th-4th Jan is 4th annivasary award. Hk 47 decoration
    and life day is back!
    Everything available in snow parcels

double xp last two weeks in December ( Cool i guess. I will try)

RAFFLE TIME
    HK-55 enter in chat. 4 available.
    nah I don't need one and can't be bothered to sign up to enter.

Waste of time/waste of Hype.

HK-55 let's start the meme.
    Might be fun for some but not what I wanted.

Anyway because I'm disappointed I'll just post a lovely piece of art I ripped from the SWTOR website a while ago. Makes a nice desktop background and highlights the two "big players" (who then got shafted with the main game):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_BFgOZ7AHDHdDlyYWg4cFh4cnM/view?usp=sharing

I am not the creator nor do I claim to be.

[​IMG]

Look those two awesome characters they just disregarded and never fully used.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm really not sure I believe that HK-55 has been brought back by popular demand - not saying the demand wasn't there, but I have a feeling Bioware intended it all along.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    What I most wonder about is whether this will be an in-story return (maybe his parts are salvaged and rebuilt somehow, HK-47 has been defeated and rebuilt multiple times) or whether he'll just be a freebie companion for subscribers like Nico Okarr was. Playing as HK-55 sounds fun, reminds me of that cut HK factory level from KotOR II. That could indicate HK-55 will be rebuilt, or it could be a flashback chapter to before he was destroyed.

Though requiring a subscription from January 11 to August 1 is a bit too much. I'll probably be subscribed for that whole period, but still, that's over six months.

Hope we get an option to reject or kill Kaliyo, still don't like her, though based on how prominent she is I'm afraid we'll be stuck with her as a main character. But yay, Bowdarr! It will be nice to have a Wookiee companion on characters aside from my smuggler, and that endless fight sounds interesting (will probably have an achievement for how long you can last). Supposedly more crafting, but after how bad 4.0's crafting was, I'm not expecting much.

That HK-47 statue doesn't look too bad either.

22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    KotFE page shows, that there will be (yet unannounced) additional rewards for subscribers each month up to july.

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards

So, for being sub from Jan 11 to Aug 1 we will get:
    - 7 chapters.
    - HK-55 companion.
    - HK-55 bonus chapter.
    - 2-day early access to chapter 10.
    - 6 additional rewards.
    - Cartel Coin reward grant for each month.
    - All other subscriber benefits.

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Players must have completed Chapters 1-9 to access their HK-55 Companion. After completing Chapter 9, players will receive an Alliance Alert that will take them on a mission to recruit HK-55.

Sometimes it is worth reading the terms and conditions... Makes it sound like they're not just handing him back, hoping that means it'll be us rebuilding him or something.

AusStig likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well I was hoping for something story related but at least we know when Chapter 10 starts.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well I was hoping for something story related but at least we know when Chapter 10 starts.