main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Other Side - Qui/Obi/OCs: new post 13th Jan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jemmiah, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hehe, Jemmy does have that talent to wrap everyone around her fingers. :p

Great job, Jem! :D

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, brilliant post! =D=

"But who is this?" The crèche master wondered, craning her head round Jemmiah so she could see better. "Did he come back with you?"

Obi-Wan smiled. "That is Mortimer. Another one of Qui-Gon's strays. We picked him up whilst vacationing on T'sanzi."

"You make him sound like a present found on a gift stall." Evla remarked wryly, watching Mortimer's shambling progress towards them. "Who is he?why have you brought him back? He's dressed almost like a?"

Loved it! :D

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Everything was 'romantic' to Jemmiah. She was, as Obi-Wan had found to his amusement, going through a 'romantic' stage.

It must be her age, or her hormones, he thought distractedly as he watched An-Paj peel back the makeshift bacta pad on her head to examine the insubstantial damage below. Things that a few years before would have made her squirm in revulsion, such as a soppy holo movie or a trashy novel complete with unrealistic hero and heroine, now held her enthralled. Whenever Rex Victory appeared on Coruscant's Entertainment Channel she would all but swoon with delight.

"Does that hurt at all?" An-Paj asked as he examined the small burn, his antennae flickering intuitively back and forth.

Jemmiah paused. "You haven't done anything yet."

"Haven't I?" The Ossar Jedi considered for a moment. "You're quite right. Silly me." And with that he sprayed an icy cold gel onto the affected area, which elicited such a shriek from the unsuspecting Corellian that it quite deafened his right ear. "There now, that's all done. I don't want to see you again in my infirmary for the rest of the year, do we have a deal?"

"What about him?" Jemmy pointed at Obi-Wan. "You never say anything like that to Ben."

"I know better than to waste my breath, that's why." An-Paj replied with an affectionate grin. "He'll be back in a matter of days if I know Obi-Wan. If you can perhaps refrain from picking at the synthi skin for the next twenty-four hours you should avoid a permanent scar. Don't do what you did last time and scratch at it with a hairbrush?"

"It was itchy!" The Corellian girl scowled back at him.

"So are haemorrhoids. Would you scratch them with a hairbrush? No? I thought not." The blue skinned healer warned her. "The damage is superficial but if you will insist on poking and scraping at it then you run the risk of infecting the burn. So I suggest you leave the gel to do its work and let the new tissue form as it should."

Jemmiah pouted. Life was so unfair! How was it that she ended up walking about the place as if a bird had done something on her forehead whilst Obi-Wan had a neat little bandage round his three injured fingers? If there had been any kind of justice then it should have been the other way around!

"I wish Obi-Wan had burned his head." She sighed, just about resisting the temptation to wipe the gel away with the back of her hand. "Then he might have got a scar. That would have been so unbelievably romantic!"

Obi-Wan stared at her as if she had announced her desire to marry a Hutt.

"I don't know what's got into you of late." He shook his head slowly back and forth, displaying the degree of his perplexity with each exaggerated movement. "First of all I return a handkerchief that you dropped on the beach - and you call it romantic. Then I help you down a steep slope - and you call that romantic. Then I try to untangle the odd wire from above your head and that's romantic as well! Now you want to give me a scar!" He chuckled bewilderedly at her. "If I gave you my socks to wash would you think that was romantic?"

"I'd think that was suicidal!" Jemmiah huffed at him. "What would you Jedi know about romance? You have all the feeling and sensitivity of a brick! You aren't even allowed to feel anything!" She darted a penitent glance at An-Paj who stood blatantly eavesdropping the conversation whilst pretending to tidy up. "Present company excepted, who gets to feel things six times over."

If there was a double meaning to Jemmiah's words regarding his six wives An-Paj dutifully ignored it. He'd attended the two youngsters injuries with his customary diligence: now it was time to see how Ferdi Xadaani was faring with the young man that Qui-Gon had brought back with him. Of course with Evla in attendance it was doubtful that anything much would be amiss, but Ferdi could be quite imposing on first acquaintance.

And it had to be said on subsequent meetings as well.

Right on cue there came a strangulated squeal from two doors down that set the hair at the back of Obi-Wan's

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I feel like I get to know these characters better and better with each post! :D

"Does that hurt at all?" An-Paj asked as he examined the small burn, his antennae flickering intuitively back and forth.

Jemmiah paused. "You haven't done anything yet."

"Haven't I?" The Ossar Jedi considered for a moment. "You're quite right. Silly me." And with that he sprayed an icy cold gel onto the affected area, which elicited such a shriek from the unsuspecting Corellian that it quite deafened his right ear. "There now, that's all done. I don't want to see you again in my infirmary for the rest of the year, do we have a deal?"

"What about him?" Jemmy pointed at Obi-Wan. "You never say anything like that to Ben."

"I know better than to waste my breath, that's why." An-Paj replied with an affectionate grin. "He'll be back in a matter of days if I know Obi-Wan. If you can perhaps refrain from picking at the synthi skin for the next twenty-four hours you should avoid a permanent scar. Don't do what you did last time and scratch at it with a hairbrush?"

Loved it! =D=

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    "If I gave you my socks to wash would you think that was romantic?"

"I'd think that was suicidal!" Jemmiah huffed at him. "What would you Jedi know about romance? You have all the feeling and sensitivity of a brick! You aren't even allowed to feel anything!" She darted a penitent glance at An-Paj who stood blatantly eavesdropping the conversation whilst pretending to tidy up. "Present company excepted, who gets to feel things six times over."
    [face_laugh]

Cheeky Jemmy! Loved the post, the dialogue between everyone as excellent, especially Obi's brotherly way!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS for the 15th! I unfortunately couldn't get Obi tied up with string (long story for those who don't know what I'm on about!) but I do have pressies! [:D] [face_dancing]

6. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh, good! That's what I like to hear! :D

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I unfortunately couldn't get Obi tied up with string/

=P~ =P~ That alone was worth coming in here.

Awww! And the Jem/Obi romance-but-not continues. :) Very sweet.

And YAY for An-Paj!!! :D

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm finally caught up and blanket-praising until I stop giggling.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "So are haemorrhoids. Would you scratch them with a hairbrush? No? I thought not."

Can we say EWWWW! [face_sick]

Sassy girl!! LOL

Whoa. Obi-Wan best hope Ferdi doesn't hear how he speaks of her or he wil indeed be seeing some of that power of hers. :D :D

Great post and happy birthday dear friend!!

10. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    It was not unfriendly exactly, but so compelling that she wondered for a moment if he were trying to use some kind of mind trick upon her. What was he trying to say? Was this some kind of brotherly warning?

"I don't think that would be a good idea." He replied firmly. "Do you?"

... uh oh! Bad feeling about that!

Great post and happy birthday !

11. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I just love the fact that no matter how old Jemmy gets she's always going to try to make An-Paj turn that delightful shade of purple.

What would you Jedi know about romance? You have all the feeling and sensitivity of a brick! You aren't even allowed to feel anything!" So that's why everything is sooooo romantic! ;) :p

A very Happy Birthday!! As for pressies... I'm looking at it right now. Hopefully I'll get it sent off before the end of the week. [face_batting]

But I'm not making any promises... :oops:

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Qui-Gon rubbed at the back of his neck, trying to remove the aches and pains that had besieged his muscles whilst hauling Jemmiah's suitcase back to the accommodation block of the temple. Age made no allowances to Jedi, he realised, especially one who refused to use the force for frivolous purposes - such as carrying heavy baggage over great distances. Yes, he knew if he'd been prepared to bend this one strict edict he imposed upon both himself and his padawan that his back would have been the better for it, but sometimes there was no compromise to be had. Especially when it came to a mere matter of personal comfort.

Which was why he was desperately trying not to squirm whilst sitting upon Mace's torturously uncomfortable furniture.

"Is there something I can perhaps help you with?" Mace enquired, perching tentatively on the end of his seat. "I'm assuming this is not a social visit? Not that you aren't welcome, of course." He added swiftly lest Qui-Gon take offence. "Did Obi-Wan's training not go as anticipated? Was there perhaps," Mace gestured vaguely with his hands, "some problem that I can help with in my capacity as a council member?"

It was always the same with Mace, though Qui-Gon as he regarded the man with bemused affection and respect. As always the council came first in all things. It wasn't some obsession with power and status that drove Mace to fill his position as second in the order next to Yoda, although perhaps in his youth that ambition had been there to an extent, but because he genuinely believed he was able to use his influence for good. He was simply in his own mind the best man for the job and, as Dex had once admitted, it was just a pity that this was the case. Yet Mace did have a reputation - even amongst the most dedicated and serious minded of Jedi - which suggested he was unable ever to think outwith his position of councilman. This conversation was beginning to highlight the point most adequately.

"Obi-Wan's training went very well." Qui-Gon smiled, casting his mind back to the happy days they had spent on T'sanzi before ever Freyya Edritch had come into the picture. "He excelled himself in many areas, and I was pleased with his progress. He still has a long way to go," the caution that always crept in to Qui-Gon's voice when daring to speculate on the future returned once again, "and I have noted several areas in which I think he could improve. But the trip was most productive, thank you."

Mace frowned, the furrows in his skin breaking up the shiny reflection on his forehead. "Then perhaps Jemmiah? Is something amiss there?"

"I'm as delighted with Jemmiah as I am with Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon admitted, taking time to sip at the green tea that Mace had provided him with. It was fairly bitter yet the taste was refreshing, especially after all the cups of extra-sweetened cocoa that Jemmiah had made him drink over the past few weeks. "I am glad that she agreed to come with me on this trip. It is so rare that she gets the chance to see for herself the time and effort that goes into a Jedi's training and now having experienced what is involved first hand I believe she understands it - and us - better than before. She was thrilled to be a part of it all rather than having to observe from the sidelines. Yes," Qui-Gon reflected, "I am content at having had this chance to spend some time with her."

Windu rested his chin against his hands, greatly puzzled. If it wasn't Obi-Wan's training and it wasn't Jemmiah causing her customary mayhem then what was it that Qui-Gon wanted to ask him about?

"Can I smell burning plastic?" Mace sniffed suddenly, casting his eyes around his simple, uncluttered abode for any possible source. His holo terminal, perhaps? The acrid smell was faint but distinct, and if he was not mistaken seemed to be coming from Qui-Gon's direction. "Are you melting, perchance?"

Qui-Gon eyed Mace with deliberate coolness. "Ah, yes. That was one of the reasons I wanted to speak to you. I'm afraid that there were a few problems as regards the ship that you gave us."

"Prob

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aww man! You leave me with that cliffhanger just as I'm getting ready to go to New York for the weekend. :(

Great job Jem! Hehehe... Oh Mace. Never changes, does he? ;)

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *giggle* I loved the ending. So many good memories of TLST.

15. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Bad Jemmiah, evil cliffie! [face_devil]

Happy belated birthday, Jem.

16. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    "Can I smell burning plastic?" Mace sniffed suddenly, casting his eyes around his simple, uncluttered abode for any possible source. His holo terminal, perhaps? The acrid smell was faint but distinct, and if he was not mistaken seemed to be coming from Qui-Gon's direction. "Are you melting, perchance?"

Qui-Gon eyed Mace with deliberate coolness. "Ah, yes. That was one of the reasons I wanted to speak to you. I'm afraid that there were a few problems as regards the ship that you gave us."

"Problems?" Wondered Mace. "What kind of problems?"

"In short - it's dead."

Mace nodded. "I accept that could be perceived as a problem."

[face_laugh]

Nothing like understatement there!

Great post! I can't wait to hear Mace's response! And also what Mortimer makes of the temple. :)

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Superb opening! [face_laugh]

Qui-Gon rubbed at the back of his neck, trying to remove the aches and pains that had besieged his muscles whilst hauling Jemmiah's suitcase back to the accommodation block of the temple. Age made no allowances to Jedi, he realised, especially one who refused to use the force for frivolous purposes - such as carrying heavy baggage over great distances. Yes, he knew if he'd been prepared to bend this one strict edict he imposed upon both himself and his padawan that his back would have been the better for it, but sometimes there was no compromise to be had. Especially when it came to a mere matter of personal comfort.

Which was why he was desperately trying not to squirm whilst sitting upon Mace's torturously uncomfortable furniture.

That sound exactly like I would expect from these two! I love how you're developing this story! It's unique and beautifully crafted. =D=

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I love how Qui-Gon allowed Mace to ask the questions to find out the real reason he there there.

Whiel I know the councilmember means well, most times, his opinion of Qui-Gon and strays definitely put a frown on face. Made me grin once Qui-Gon came out the reson for his visit.

Outstanding post Jem.

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    It is just that your reputation precedes you when it comes to incidents like this. What about Rela?"

"Nevermind Rela." Qui-Gon refused to rise to the bait. "This does not concern Rela.

Yes, I'll admit it. That was a definate SQUEEEE! moment for me! [face_blush]

I do fund it quite funny that Mace's furnature seems to match his disposition. :p

20. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    "I still don't understand," Jemmiah hissed at Obi-Wan beneath her breath, "why Mortimer should stay with you and Quiggy rather than with Evla and myself. He'd be far more comfortable with us."

She was clutching at straws and she knew it. There was not much difference between Evla's and Qui-Gon's apartments in terms of size or substance save for a slightly bigger spare room and more elaborate furnishings. The décor in Evla's place was warm and welcoming and not in the typical stark and minimalist Jedi mould. How Obi-Wan could think that Mortimer would want to stay in the plain old boring box room - her old bedroom - rather than feel comfortable and relaxed in glorious bright pink splendour baffled her. Except that he was a Jedi, not given to such frivolous thoughts. Galactic peace was where Obi-Wan's mind lay, not the colour of the bathroom rug?

"He likes you." Was Obi-Wan's concise reply.

"So?"

"Too well."

The Corellian harrumphed her displeasure at his answer. "Is it possible to like someone too well?" She challenged, jutting out her jaw disdainfully.

"When you are wanting to be accepted into the temple amongst the other Jedi, then yes." Obi-Wan never took his eyes off the bathroom door where Mortimer was currently attempting to tidy himself up a little. "I say this for your sake as well as his. What Mortimer says - how he acts now - may have some bearing on his eventual fate. If you wish him to stay - "

"I do!"

"Then you would be advised to heed me. He's over-fond of you, and not in a way that Qui-Gon or Evla are likely to approve of. His attraction to you may be understandable but it is not acceptable to the council."

Jemmiah followed him with her eyes as he walked around the room, studying the reluctant figure with his slightly rounded shoulders and apologetically low head carriage. Obi-Wan always said things that were for her own good. It didn't mean she had to like it even if she could appreciate the common sense that lay behind his words. He hugged his arms against his chest, the cream colour of his tunic reminding her of a giant, swaddled baby in the crèche. Or, given his dislike of the infirmary, some kind of barbaric straightjacket?

"At least you admit you can understand his attraction." Jemmiah eventually answered, kicking her feet back and forth between the legs of the chair. "Look, it's not that I especially?" She hesitated, her lips curling distastefully around the word, "?fancy him or anything dreadful like that. I feel kinda sorry for him. It's like having a cannoid imprinting on you. It's kinda cute, I guess."

Obi-Wan sighed. A lot was riding on how Mortimer behaved when the council questioned him, as they inevitably would. He was painfully honest which might stand him in good stead. However, if they sensed any kind of yearning - hormonally charged or otherwise - within the young man it would almost certainly spell the end for Mortimer before he'd even got started. There would be time enough to fend off such dalliances in true brotherly fashion once Mortimer had been accepted amongst their number.

To his surprise Obi-Wan found himself hoping, like Jemmiah herself, that the young man would be permitted to stay. It would be good for her to have a friend of her own, not merely his own "second hand" friends as she morosely liked to call the likes of Jay Abran and Kryztan Harkley. If only he could cure the young man of his puppy dog love for her! One thing was for sure, if he couldn't then Qui-Gon would feel duty bound to step in?

"Cute it might well be." Obi-Wan smiled at how alien that word sounded when spoken by his own tongue. "But ultimately not productive. Have you not wondered why Jedi and romance do not go hand in glove?"

"You seem to manage okay." Jemmiah shrugged it aside as if of no consequence. "You and the delightful Sheria. And she's the only one I know about!"

Obi-Wan found himself blushing without knowing precisely why.

"Not to mention the fact that there are all kinds of romances going on under the temple roof that the c

21. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    It's like having a cannoid imprinting on you. It's kinda cute, I guess."
    Jemmiah is such a heartbreaker haha :D I seriously love that line though!

"Spaceships that pass in the night, huh?" Jemmy cut in, delighting at the padawan's increasing embarrassment. "Well, all I can say is there seems to be an awful lot of spaceships, Ben. And a terrible amount of night?" [face_laugh]

"You'll find it sadly overrated." Obi-Wan shook his head. "And dangerous." Oh obi-wan :(

I really enjoyed this post! All the ben/jemmy relationship forshadowing :) Mortimer is just trouble waiting to happen though isn't he?

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, I love when Obi-ean talks with her like this. All compassionate and sweet. She should realized that he doesn't hink her that much a kid or he wouldn't been telling her things that he does.

"Anyhow," Jemmiah tossed her hair backwards so that it fell in a loose cascade down her shoulders, "I can't think what this Sheria of yours has got that I haven't. Why aren't you in love with me? I have to say that shows a distinct lack of good taste on your part."

Oh you do not need to go there. he should have responded that a brother doesn't see the same kind of love she asking about. o_O

Oh dear, now it's become a challenge. Tsk, tsk...

Wonderful post Jem. :D

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I really, really want to adopt Jemmiah. Would you send her my way? [face_praying]

"He likes you." Was Obi-Wan's concise reply.

"So?"

"Too well."

The Corellian harrumphed her displeasure at his answer. "Is it possible to like someone too well?" She challenged, jutting out her jaw disdainfully.

"When you are wanting to be accepted into the temple amongst the other Jedi, then yes." Obi-Wan never took his eyes off the bathroom door where Mortimer was currently attempting to tidy himself up a little. "I say this for your sake as well as his. What Mortimer says - how he acts now - may have some bearing on his eventual fate. If you wish him to stay - "

Adorable! =D=

24. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    For some reason that he couldn't quite fathom Obi-Wan felt the force shift slightly around him. Was it some kind of warning? Some peculiar prompting that he was as yet unable to interpret?

Hmmmm.... Foreshadow much? ;) :p

As for Jemmiah's decision to show Obi and Qui how mature she is... I have a bad feeling about it!

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Seeing as I was going to use that exact quote, and Mouse said everything I wanted to, I just quoted it instead. ;)

Excellent post, Jem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.