main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Plot Bunny Thread: Managed by Jade_Max.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by shanobi, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    *glances at s/n* I will be glad to help. Right now, that little bunny is eating my brain away screaming "WRITE ME! WRITE ME!" :p

2. Trixter_Goddess

Trixter_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I just found this. It's great! I'm looking for an idea to start writing something. This is a great place to come look.

3. icxggrethixzchain

icxggrethixzchain Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    The burgening effects of star travel leaves 2 ruffians confused and crass,now though they are left at the universe of star wars,an unknown to them.The first jedi who greets them at a space station,strangley speaks english though soon nearly chops them to death in an arguement about aliens that should or should'nt be killed off.As the imperials arrive to begin construstion on a new center for gov. and commerce as a traderoute stayover at a desert planet,the 2 newbies kill 2 stormtroop0ers and make there way to a mid size imperial shuttlecraft and go to hyperwarp at a chart shown planet.
    The death of a maruader at the new planets ruffian city at an execution station makes them think they can get to some blackrunnin,they're better than that.They get a connection at a tavern who mistakes them for actaul troopers at first then set to carry lazer turret supplies to a hut.At the huts place 10 actaull stormtroopers are there,but luckily the first jedi they met and a female padawan defend them,stowaways.
    The chase is on and soon they transfer to a corse**** flyer the jedi has and the imperialsand the huts go after them,but with special mind technique the jedi and padawan realize the ruffians place of origin and make the jump there.
    At there own world they sell the craft for much much money and get tyrained to be jedi.
    Now set to bring there arguement before there own world council,the jedi mind trick helps convince them to make an attack fleet,they do-and return to star wars.
    The few alleys they have are banded before reports of the fleet reach the empire and a space battle is won through,the use of beyond tactics,like boarding,1000 nuclear weapons,and kamakaze driods.
    The female padawan now lets the 2 ruffians get to rank of jedi in ceremony instead of self and she has a kid with a soldier from their world,who's named after one of them.

4. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Okay I've been forced to do some cleaning in my files and I decided instead of erasing all the story ideas that I started but never finished I'll set them free! So here it goes:

1.) After the death of one of Obi-Wan?s close friends (perferably Bant) and what Obi-Wan believes is a vision of the future, he leaves the order thinking that he is nothing but a menace to the Order and all those close to him. His journey leads him to the unknown regions of the galaxy and to an enemy that he thought long dead.

I started this one back while still writing "In the Dark of the Night" and if you were at that thread, this plot was "Backwater Outlaws" but I ended up using most of the ideas for the story on "Lost in the Darkness II"

2.) The Irken Armada has conquered all the planets in their Operation ?Impending Doom II? Because of the success the Tallest decide to expand their campaign and go after the ?Galaxy far, far away?

If you know "Invader Zim" then you get this plot. I'm not sure if anyone will go for it and if no one does I'll probably end up writing it. But If anyone does write it I only ask that GIR meets the Jedi council.

3.) After witnessing the death of a close friend (Garen I think is a good choice for this one) Obi-Wan develops a gift called ?The Sight? that allows him to see spirits of the dead. Soon after a number of people end up dieing and Obi-Wan is suspected of murder.

A Star Wars/The Frighteners crossover. What can I say I love Michael J. Fox

Well that's all the one's I'm never gonna do. ::Waves to plots:: Bye I love you!

Felicia Z.

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    guys go to this thread. http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5714542&replies=15

this poor little plot bunny of mine is dying. i need cowriters to help me with this one because this one is a bit complicated.

Please don't let my bunny die. :( :(

6. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Okay, just a quickie here ;)

Qui never went back to Melida/Dann after he left Obi there. Obi had no choice but to stay, he and Neild made peace after Cerasi's death and together they were able to bring peace to the planet.

Years later though, discontent is once again threatening the planet. Against Obi's wishes the council of Melidann(new name since they are no longer divided) requests Jedi assistance. Guess who they send?
    :)

This is just a premise and the right author could take it anywhere. Any takers??

--Shan

7. Trixter_Goddess

Trixter_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Okay, I don't know if this has been written before, but here it goes.

A young girl (from Earth) somehow travels into the world of Star Wars. She enters it during a time when the Yuzzhan Vong have invaded.Before Anakin Solo is killed. Can she stop his death? And if so, will it drastically change the future of Star Wars?

I might have time to do this, but I'm working on another story right now. So if your interested, go ahead and take it. PM me if you do end up writing it. :)

8. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Okay this plot isn't up for grabs. I really just want to know if it sounds interesting or even plausible for that matter.

A journalist, who is trying to get back her good name, followes a jedi team on a misson hoping to find THE story. Her and her assiciate unintentionally cause and intergalactic incident

so what do you think?

9. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Shan - You wicked girl you!!! I had already had that on my list of PB's to do. Well, maybe not for me exactly, But I was going to suggest that when I got back from vacation. I thought of it before, but kept forgetting it when I went to post!!

That was one of the PB's I wanted for one of Obi's "solo" mission. Between TPM and taking Ani on as full time Padawan. And having him see Nield and the others again. Gosh I wish I could have done it, but just have not gotten around to it. Other snipets and PB's attacked me first. Wonder what those could be. ;) :D

And don't worry. I'll take care of your thread while RL has you tied down. ;)

ATTENTION!!

I have begun posting Shan's PB. Foresaken and Begotten If you would like to go and take a peek. Thanks. :D

10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Bad thread! *shakes finger*

No dropping. And I mean it. Now stay up there. ;)

11. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Wow! I actually thought about starting a thread like this a while back. I'm glad somebody else did. :) I'm not a prolific writer, but I always have ideas. I didn't have time to read this whole thread so forgive me if someone posted this one already.

I've always wanted to see a Luke fighter pilot fic, sort of like and X-wing story. Why is Luke always relegated to the co-pilot's seat? Even in the profic (X-wing series mostly), Luke is always talked about being the greatest pilot ever, but we never get to see it. :( I would love to see Luke in charge of Rogue Squadron (pre ESB) or have him come back for some reason during a New Republic fic.

I know I've read one fic by Qurinas (From Blastsword to Lightsaber) that almost fits this, but so far, it is the only one I know of. Even in that fic, Luke was out of the cockpit more than he was in it.

Thanks for listening to me rant and please let me know if someone writes something like this.

inez

12. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *stares in awe at Shanobi*

Ooh, that's a great plot bunny! :_|

I wish I could do it. Maybe if I have time...

*tries to beat bunny back*

No, no! Not now!

*runs out of the thread, bunny chasing after her*

Ack! :_|

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * glares at Padawan* Ah-hem! Aren't you busy writing not one but two fics right now Padawan? :mad: And isn't one of them about me and Shan's beloved Xan? * shakes finger at Padawan * What have I taught you about over extending yourself? Now get to work on my fic and leave these bunnies for people who have the time! :(

14. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    *walks exhausted back into thread, bunny latched onto left leg*

:(

I'm having no success here. :_| The bunny's attached. So, I'll do it, but after I finish one of my fics.

* glares at Padawan* Ah-hem! Aren't you busy writing not one but two fics right now Padawan? And isn't one of them about me and Shan's beloved Xan?

[face_blush] [face_blush] Chastised by my Master! :_|
    Yes, Master. :( I'm on Xan right now, but that bunny is too tenacious for my own good. :_|

* shakes finger at Padawan * What have I taught you about over extending yourself? Now get to work on my fic and leave these bunnies for people who have the time!

*points to leg*
    The bunny won't leave, Master! :_| :_| I will do it, after I finish one story. And I am working on Xan. :)

Speaking of, here's a plot bunny, to any who are interested. Don't think this one has been mentioned before.

Qui-Gon and Xanatos are on a planet, where they find a young boy (guess who). Qui-Gon senses great things for him, perhaps he's the Chosen One. On their way back to Coruscant, Qui-Gon is killed, and entrusts the young Obi-Wan into Xani's care.

Xanatos loves his master too much to refuse the dying man's wish, and he sets out to train him. Only problem is, he hates the boy because Obi-Wan killed Qui-Gon...

Let me know if anyone does this! I might do it at a much later date, but I thought I'd toss it out there for everyone. :)

*tries to shake bunny off*

*doesn't succeed*

Darn it.

*picks up bunny, scratches its ears, and walks out of the thread*

15. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    runs around the thread with Jedi_Suzuran plot bunnie at her heals. help, i haven't even finished any of my stories that i am working on.
    oh nuts. *walks away with the plot bunnie on her pants.*
    see what you did Jedi_Suzuran.

16. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Sorry, jacen. :(

Actually, despite the fact that I'm insane, I will do my own plot bunny. :_|

It won't leave me. Others are welcome to it, but I'll be posting it, probably in a couple of weeks. :_|

*mutters under breath as both bunnies cling to left leg*

17. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    hmmm, if you want i can offer ideas if you run out of them. :) *looks behind her and sees another bunnie sneaking up on her.* not again.

Edit 1. at least i'm not the only insane person around here who is writing more then two stories.

Edit 2. your plot bunnie must be infectious. I have a baby plot bunnie that came from yours.

18. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Arldetta: Shan - You wicked girl you!!! I had already had that on my list of PB's to do.

:D I guess great minds think alike! LOL

And don't worry. I'll take care of your thread while RL has you tied down

Thank you so much ;)

inez_the_swampgirl: Wow! I actually thought about starting a thread like this a while back. I'm glad somebody else did

I was very surprised that there wasn't a thread like this. I searched the pages for days to maybe revive an old one, but couldn't find one. I'm glad it is doing so well. Love the username btw :D

Jedi_Susuran: Ooh, that's a great plot bunny! I wish I could do it. Maybe if I have time...

Oh, when them bunnies bite they bite hard--don't run or they'll just sink their teeth in harder :D Oh, and did I hear you are writing a fic with my beloved Xan in it?? Do tell. Is it being posted yet? If so, do post a link my dear :)

obi_ew: My, my, my aren't we a strict master :) Though if there is another Xan fic to be gained--let the tongue lashing continue :) With a master such as yourself i'm sure padawan Susuran can handle a whole gaggle of plot bunnies ;)

jacen200015: your plot bunnie must be infectious. I have a baby plot bunnie that came from yours.

:eek: OMGoodness, now we've got breeding plot bunnies :)

This thread is just full of wonderful ideas! I so wish I had the time to tackle some of them myself. And if by some chance you do decide to adopt that cute little bunny Jedi_Susuran, please be sure to drop me a pm--oh and do the same with that Xan fic of yours if you don't mind :)

19. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Shan, the link is in my sig. :)

It's In Love with Night. If you have time, check it out. :)

20. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Ack, new half-formed plot bunny that popped in my head-

CT AU-What if Palpatine died sometime after ANH and Vader assumed the throne? Would he contine the war with the Rebellion? Would he seek out Luke & maybe even Leia? What would Mara Jade do now that her master has died?

21. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I realize I posted this earlier in it's own thread, I figured I'd post it here too. Just in case anyone missed it.

To combat the dwindling numbers of Force sensitive individuals, a small team of Jedi scientists begin experimenting with midi-chlorian transplantation and genetic engineering. When the team's activites are discovered, the populace beings to turn against the Jedi and helps fuel the fires of the coming Jedi purge.

When I first posted this idea, I said it was up for grabs because I wasn't sure I was the person to write it. Now I'm not so sure. The more I think about, the more I want to write it. That being said, if anyone else wants to take a crack at it or possibly co-write with me, that'd be cool. I'd be interested in seeing what someone else comes up with.

22. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Shanobi: Glad you like my username. :) Lots of people ask about it. Inez is my true middle name and I'm originally from South Louisiana, so swampgirl it is. ;)

I have a few ideas for missing moments:

Corran has a 'talk' with Luke about Anakin and Tahiri's behavior in Rebirth. Has to include the following. "If I make it through my kids' teenage years without becoming a Sith or insane, you're promoting me to Jedi Master. I've mentioned this one before in my own thread, but I know I'll never write it.

.....ARRRGGHH! I can think of plenty of things to write when I'm not near my computer, but always forget them when I get here. Oh well, I'll just post one at a time then... [face_blush]

inez

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Guys, here is that baby plot bunny than came from Jedi_Suzuran's plot bunnie i'm writing.
    The Soul Destroyer.

if you want to check it out.

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Alrighty, in the wake of the DVD release of AotC, i got another PB. Although it's not entirely your typical Au for Obi but here goes:

AU during AotC. When Dooku asks Obi-Wan to join him to defeat the Sith, Obi says yes. And that's it. Have fun.

I know I don't elborate too much on my PB's cause I want people to take them up on their own. Well, if you do it let me know. This has strong potential to be Dark Obi stuff or if you really want infitrator Obi to bring down the Sith. There are many possibilities.

25. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    If anyone wants to take up the mantle on one of my OC characters, I'd be happy to loan them out. Sergeant "Mage" Wizall is an investigator working for Starfighter Commands Office of Special Investigation: I always thought that a series of "Mage" Wizall stories would be interesting, or even spinoffs about his ex-Sector Ranger commander, Major Treyers.

Just a suggestion for the next in a series:

"Mage" Wizall is sent to investigate the murder of an Alderaani Starfighter pilot.

You can take that wherever you want to. It can be some huge conspiracy dealing with Alderaani refugees, or just a romantic feud, or whatever. You might want to read my previous "Mage" work, "I Stand Alone: A Mage Wizall Mystery". I just want to see more mysteries/noirs(Hard boiled detective fiction) set in the Star Wars universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.