main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Reason why George Lucas needs to make episodes 7-8-9

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by JediofAlcatraz, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediofAlcatraz

JediofAlcatraz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2009
    The Jedi in many ways are Lucas's children. He created and raised them. TO take a line from ben in Episode 3 "you were suppose to bring balance to the force not leave it in darkness"

I feel Lucas has left the Jedi in darkness. The Galaxy is owed the jedi council being restored, it is owed having their guardian of peace and justice after years of oppression by the Empire.

Lucas's needs to restore the Jedi to the galaxy and then walk away from it. As it is now the Galaxy far far away is still in turmoil.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    George did end it on a positive note, Jedi-wise. Luke was the beginning of the Jedi coming back into existence. We have to use our imaginations from there.

:)

3. JediofAlcatraz

Jun 8, 2009
    I would just like to see Luke restore the Jedi order. Also, when the first death star was destroyed that did not cause the empire to collapse. The Emperor surly had underlings. The empire is not going to just lay down it's right of governing all the planets and systems in the galaxy just because the emperor was killed and "one" jedi is around.

In a way jawa you are right. It ended on a very good note. Seeing Sebastion Shaw (the one and only real anakin as far as im concerned), yoda and obi-wan together with Luke walking away. I guess in the end I just want more star wars on film since I have not had a real star wars film to watch and enjoy since 1983.

Sequels if done correctly and written by talented writers and directed by a talented director, and I actually think George can direct. He just had no material to work with in the PT films, could be three great films all on their own.

4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'd be careful of turning this into another PT bashing thread. I'd like to see more movies too, but I think George should quit playing in the GFFA at this point.

5. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    If you lobby for movies, they should document the rise of the Republic, provided there were script editors and primary directors. For instance, something modeled as a reversed King Arther tale where a Qui-Gon type keenly develops a comprehensive theory and skill set in the Force, rallies the other good, defeats an exterior evil foe; the knights of the round table are formed, they perceive an internal dissent, and focus keenly upon its solution instead of dissipating in a quest, and then persist even stronger; the core becomes the nucleus of an encouragingly greater number of good, and the core becomes a deciding body. Then a Yoda type gets to say, "Formed this Jedi Council...Is." Lucas could even take inspiration from what very best the EU might manage to offer.

In terms of ROTJ, you have a 6-movie arch coming down to its pillar, the very same pillar in which a 3-movie arch is coming down to its own pillar. What you propose is a single tack-on 3-movie arch proceeding from the same pillar, unattended by any greater background narrative architecture of its own. 12 movies for a symmetry of two 6-movie arches is right out. There's not enough Flash Gordon or years left.

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Nah, I don't want any more movies about a sister-kissing, whiny farmer who's too afraid to kill the dark lord. What we need is Willow II: Madmartigan's Revenge. There's a real hero.

7. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    He did. It's called Return of the Jedi

8. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    In a perfect world, I'd love to see EPs 7,8 & 9 made. But lets face it, its a logistical nightmare. What direction does it go? The EU novels have created quite a set of events but which novels do we "farm" material from? If you dont use them at all then you render many of the useless when it comes to "cannon" and continuity which would upset us that have read several books! Lots of questions that can be argued for weeks on end.

Then... what actors/actresses do you use? Are Hamil, Fisher & Ford in it at all? Will they do it? Do the people want them in it?

A daunting task that will result in plenty of angry/befuddled/confused fans, unfortunately.

9. JediofAlcatraz

Jun 8, 2009
    Mark Hamil actually still looks very youthful for his age. Carrie fisher does not look old but she has gotten kind of fat. Harrison Ford is kind of old looking now. I honestly could take it with just Mark Hamil. Get fisher to drop 50 lbs and out her on the Jedi Council.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The best way around it is for GL to make 7-9 as he sees it with a few EU characters that he likes thrown in (like in the PT) and follow the example/idea set forth in Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. That idea is that in the GFFA there are holodramas and holonovels being written about the heroes of Yavin. Using this idea, most of the EU could be relegated to this level of in-universe depiction which would preserve their meaning in a form of "cannon" without making them dogmatic about actual events.

Maybe even have Luke reference these (even by name) as he does in Mindor and then fans would feel that the stories are important. Not because they actually happened but because the readers are essentially in the universe themselves reading fictional works that the characters know about.

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow. i never heard of that whole explanation of the EU. That would be a pretty cool thing because it would preserve the stories but still open that timeline up again to interpretation.

12. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    ROTJ is a positive note. Yes, the Empire's still around, but Palpatine isn't, and now, Luke can go and form the Jedi (with Yoda's endorsement of scrapping the NAR).

Then Del Rey came along and shot the shaggy dog.

13. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    [image=http://popped-culture.today.com/files/2008/12/carrie-fisher-margot-kidder.jpg]

" Kind of" does not even begin to describe it...

14. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    She looks strangely like Margot Kidder in that pic.

15. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Somehow, I doubt Joanne Whalley will be making an appearance. Still, as long as someone yells out a Patricia Hayes-styled ?MADMARTIGAN!? every five minutes, I'm there with bells on. [face_peace]

16. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    Lol I hope you are joking, I would rather not see Val Kilmer dressed like a knight ever again. Let alone hear Warwick Davis say Kiaya!

17. DarthBane95

Jun 18, 2009

I would like to see that too. But I remember reading a interview about Mark Hammil and they asked what he felt about making another movie. And he said, he loves Luke Skywalker and he is happy where he was left off. Personally my opinion is he doesnt want to be seen in a movie that critics will be talking **** over for 3 months.

EDIT: Removed a naughty word

18. DarthBane95

Jun 18, 2009

Okay you go watch Fanboys and then come back and tell me she dont look old. She is old and fat. I could handle Harrison Ford and Mark Hammil though. That last sentence I just said sounds gay but thats not what I meant.

19. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If you're replying to several people, please do so in one post :)
    And watch out for the naughty words ;)

20. DarthBane95

Jun 18, 2009

Sorry budday.

21. Dark_Lord_THX_1138

Dark_Lord_THX_1138 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2009
    No. I think another trilogy would ruin the saga. The saga is about Anakin Skywalker, his earl life, his conflicts as a young talented but headstrong Jedi, his turn to the dark side and his eventual redemption. What happens after Return Of The Jedi is up to you to decide.

22. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I agree with the above post 100%.

23. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    A new movie would work only in a different era.

24. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yeah, like 30 years after Jedi when Luke rebuilds the Jedi Order and Republic.

25. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    [image=http://popped-culture.today.com/files/2008/12/carrie-fisher-margot-kidder.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.