main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Saber Dart

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Curufinwe, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curufinwe

Curufinwe Jedi Master star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    I've seen two differing opinions about the use of the saber dart by Jango.
    Was it deliberately fired by Jango in sight of the Jedi so they could discern its origin and trace the army to Kamino?
    Or were the Jedi expected to find Kamino at that time and in that way; was Obi-Wan's ingenuity and contact with shady diner owners not forseen by the Sith? What are your opinions on this?

2. Darien_SabreHawkke

Darien_SabreHawkke Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2005
    the dart itself was probably a spur of the moment decision for Jango, as for the timing of the discovery of kamino, I can't say for sure, but I am willing to bet ole' palps would have made sure they found it sooner or later.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I've always thought it had to be unintentional.

After all, that would mean Sidious would've had to tell Dooku to tell JAnog to specifically use that kind of ammunition when killing another bouny hunter during an assassination that no one knew was going to fail. Further, it would mean that Sidious knows that Obi-wan knows Dexter Jettster, and knows that Dexter knows about Kamino saberdarts.

That just seems unlikely to me.

4. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Jango is a bounty hunter, a man that survives by his wits. He's not a moron.

There's no reason to use a super specific, traceable dart unless he was supposed to. It's a clue for the Jedi to go find the army. Once the army is found, it can be used.

An untraceable blater bolt would have worked better if he only wanted her dead. Or the missile from his pack. Or a Coruscan-Mart brand dart. Or a thermal detonator. etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.