main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Scarlet Illyini (Post NJO AU, Authors NOte 11\12\05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Title: The Scarlet Illyini

Author: padawan lunetta

Genre: Action\Drama\Intrigue\Romance\Comedy...it embraces all! ;)

Characters: OC pairings with L\M, A\T, J\J, J\OC

Summary: Tyrant Queen Lyanna of Aleria seeks to execute the entire Noble families, only to be consistently foiled by the works of a secret league, the Scarlet Illyini.

Authors Notes: This is the final story in an arc created by me and Melyanna, but it is not necessary to read the others, as it can stand alone. Speical thanks goes to my beta, Rebelmom, Melyanna, my one time co-author and advisor, and Hollynkesten, for insisting constantly that I write it. Also, this story is based off of my favorite Broadway Musical, The Scarlet Pimpernel. And, yes, Mommy, I know I'm being impatient again. ;) The story goes AU after the NJO Book: Rebirth, because that is when I first began this story arc. So, consequently, characters such as Ganner Rhysode and Anakin Solo are still among the living, and Coruscant has never been taken. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of it's affiliates. Any recognizeable characters are not mine, and I am doing this for fun, not profit.

2. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    The Scarlet Illyini

Prologue

Soft moonlight reflected off of Nadia Montaigne's long black hair, bathing her in its pale glow while she tossed tiny, white blossoms into a deep, red colored pool...

The streets of Tehrah were lined with people, many disheveled, dirty, and malnourished. The roads had been cleared for the procession of grim-faced guards and weeping prisoners, all heading toward the shooting grounds where entire lives were destroyed in the blink of an eye. This was Amaia Endrasuit's first walk there, and, she supposed, it would be her very last.

But she had seen it before. Many times over the past few weeks, where from her prison cell she was able to see those who had committed her same crime - treason. Her mother had been executed the day before. Amaia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, unwilling to give her captors the satisfaction of her tears. She was no stranger to death. Her father had died five years ago, and she had seen many people die during the first rebellion, but she had never faced it as a certainty before.

Every religion preached that death was only a beginning of a new life in which you became one with the Force again. Amaia wasn't sure she knew what that meant, and she'd certainly never seen or felt the Force. What if it did not want her back? She'd hardly been perfect in life. And what if it really didn't exist? Did that mean she would not?

She could not fathom that, ceasing to exist. Surely something of her was meant to live on, but what?

Amaia slowly opened her eyes as she was prodded down the road, looking to the three-year-old girl, Miran, marching beside her. Some people said that death was merciful, breaking the bonds of mortality and teaching once blind eyes to see the true glory of the galaxy. They said that no one left before their time, but how could a child not? How could a government claiming to be just hold one responsible for her parent?s actions?

Miran looked up at her, tears welling up in her eyes. "I want Mommy. Where's Mommy?"

"Shh," Amaia murmured softly. "It's alright."

"No!" Miran objected. "Want Mommy!"

The guard behind her growled at her to shut up, only managing to make Miran cry. Amaia glared fiercely at him. He sneered in return, saying, "She'll be quiet soon enough."

Amaia bit her tongue to keep from responding, pulling at the binders on her wrists. If she were not bound, she could have killed him with her bare hands right there.

If she were not bound.

Taking a deep breath, Amaia turned her gaze away from the guard. There was nothing she could do here. Nothing. Tears touched her eyes, and she fought them back, hard. Her mother had died calmly, with her chin raised like the Lady she was. The last words to escape her lips had been Taragen Endrasuit, Amaia's father's name. Could she have seen him just before she died? Had he come for her?

Beautiful way to think of it, but her mother could have just wanted her last thoughts to be of him. But what if she had seen him? Would they both be there when Amaia died? Force, she hoped so. Hope. Perhaps her mother had said it in hope. Had gone forward with it into the unknown. The most powerful 'unknown' Amaia could think of, and by far the most frightening she'd ever had to face. It could also be her last. Her last breath, her last smile, her last tears, her last thought, her last everything. There wasn't time to do it all, and certainly none for her life to flash before her eyes. That would take another lifetime to do. A lifetime she no longer had.

What if there was nothing beyond life?

Amaia shuddered slightly, allowing tears to streak down her cheeks before catching herself. Raising her arm, she wiped her cheeks on the sleeve of her shirt before straightening her shoulders, as they came to the shooting grounds.

She would not give them the satisfaction of more tears. As she was prodded forward to the grounds, Amaia lifted her chin. She would go like a lady, and would go forward with hope.

Devon Altair tr

3. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Great start Luney!

*Dances around like a two year old*

it totally took you long enough! I'm so excited you finally started to post it, it only means that i can bug you about it more and mroe and more!! awesome start, loved it, love the more of it, and its awesome! Very exciting, and you'll never be able to hear the end of it! keep up the AWESOME work, its perfect!!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay, you're posting it!! That was a really great beginning, if I didn't tell you earlier :) I love Devon and Richard!! And the little girl is so cute!!!

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm sure anything I say about patience will fall on deaf ears. *shakes head* I know better.

Nice start. Make sure you send Chapter 1 to me soon. ;)

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    This is really good :)

7. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Ooo! Another part of the series! :D I'm very excited you're posting it.

Your descriptions are vivid, and my interest is piqued by these new characters. I'm looking forward to the next part for sure, whenever that may be. Good job on the prologue, though! :)

~Padme :)

8. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    nice start!

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A wonderful start! I can't wait to see what comes next!

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  11. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    I reely lyke thiss stery. Can yoo giv mee mor?

(BTW- I am still having a hard time understanding how they resurrected Yoda. But I guess you will be explaining that in the next few posts. So I can wait. ;) )

12. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    hollynkesten:

Great start Luney!

*Dances around like a two year old*
    Hehehehehehe thanks!

it totally took you long enough! I'm so excited you finally started to post it, it only means that i can bug you about it more and mroe and more!! awesome start, loved it, love the more of it, and its awesome! Very exciting, and you'll never be able to hear the end of it! keep up the AWESOME work, its perfect!! Thanks girlie! :D

NYCitygurl:

Yay, you're posting it!! That was a really great beginning, if I didn't tell you earlier I love Devon and Richard!! And the little girl is so cute!!! Thanks! It's been interestnig developing them into much more main characters. :)

RebelMom:

I'm sure anything I say about patience will fall on deaf ears. *shakes head* I know better. I'm sorry, did you say something? ;)

Nice start. Make sure you send Chapter 1 to me soon. Sent again, and Chapter Two is there now. ;)

DarthBoba:

This is really good Thanks :)

PrincessPadme:

Ooo! Another part of the series! I'm very excited you're posting it. Thanks! :D

Your descriptions are vivid, and my interest is piqued by these new characters. I'm looking forward to the next part for sure, whenever that may be. Good job on the prologue, though! Actually, um, *shifts feet* there's still the last half of the prologue to go up... :D But I think you'll like it. :)

Jaina_Solo_59:

nice start! Thanks!

VaderLVR64:

A wonderful start! I can't wait to see what comes next! Thanks! I am posting the rest of the prologue today, just because it ties everything in. :)

jade51999:

*Grin* Thanks, there is stuff now you haven't read. ;)

padawan feline:

I reely lyke thiss stery. Can yoo giv mee mor? Yesh.

(BTW- I am still having a hard time understanding how they resurrected Yoda. But I guess you will be explaining that in the next few posts. So I can wait. Do not worry, all will be explained, in good time. ;)

And here is the rest of the prologue! (THought I'd break it up since it's long. :))

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Prologue continued...

Growing up, Richard had always been the easiest cousin for Devon to talk to. He had an easy, friendly way about him, rarely exerting the authority his title commanded. As the oldest, Richard was followed around by the younger cousins, but instead of being annoyed by it, he chose to include them in almost everything he did. Despite his easy nature, Richard had taken his status as eldest seriously, and when he thought they were being stupid, he would frown slightly, his eyebrows drawing in toward his nose, making a face that had been dubbed his 'older cousin look'.

As soon as they had reached Richard's office, he'd been invited to sit down, with Richard sitting behind the desk, fiddling with his data pad before finally looking up. It was then that he received the Look, and Devon was surprised when it made him squirm slightly. He hadn't received it in years, but even then it had been so rare, the effect was always potent. This time, however he could see a struggle in his cousin's eyes, recognizing how difficult this was for him.

Finally, he spoke.

"I cannot say that helping Amaia and Marin was wrong, Devon," Richard said carefully. ?But you realize we have now aided a rebellion."

"No, Richard," Devon objected calmly. "I did. I will take full responsibility."

Richard shook his head. "By not returning them to Aleria immediately, I have shown my support as well." He leaned back in his seat. "So the question is, what do we do now?"

Devon pursed his lips, thinking hard for a moment. "It seems to me that part of the reason why Lyanna is executing the Nobility is because the people are rallying behind them. If we could free them, I believe the Rebellion could have a fighting chance." He took a deep breath. ?They really don't have enough resources on their own."

Richard drummed his fingers on his desk for a moment, frowning at his data pad. "I've been reading about Senator Ashrak Transil from Corellia, who, four hundred years ago, gave up everything in his life in pursuit of the Hand of the Force."

"The Hand of the Force?" Devon asked, confused.

"It's an artifact that is said to have given the first Jedi his power, and all who touch it will gain Force sensitivity. Ashrak felt it was his divine duty to find it, to make everyone in the Galaxy equal. He gave up his career in politics, sold everything he owned, in order to fund a quest to find it." Richard met Devon's gaze. "He lost all respectability, and died on a world thousands of light-years away from his home."

Devon blinked several times. "Why are you telling me this?"

Richard steepled his fingers. "To show you that there is a fine line between conviction and insanity."

"Call it whatever you wish, Richard, but I am not going to change my mind about this. Lyanna crossed the line the moment she executed the first child. That is more than just a crime against her world, it goes against sentient-kind itself," Devon said earnestly. "I'm not backing down on this."

Richard smiled slowly, his blue eyes twinkling. "Glad to hear it." The look on Devon's face must have been priceless, because Richard laughed. "It's not like our family has been known for logic, has it? Padmé took on the entire trade federation with only a small army. Luke Skywalker faced the Death Star in nothing but an X-wing." Richard rose to his feet. "They both acted where no one else could, and managed to succeed. We'll be facing the same thing here, only know one else can know about it."

Devon nodded. "We'll need a different name to act under, certainly. No one on Aleria knows mine, or that I was even there." He paused. "If we need a name at all."

"Of course we do," Richard corrected him. "Otherwise, Lyanna will strike out against everyone who comes into contact with her, and while it could work to our advantage, it could also produce disastrous results as well." He clapped Devon's arm. "Besides, how else could she know who is triumphing over her?"

"Tru

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    My aren't you writing fast. I got your email.

Sir Percy...er Prince Richard to the rescue.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great post! Amazing story so far, looking forward to more!

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    awww.
    its good to know that Cianna and Ganner got married!

And ahh I see now that all the italics were a vision!

Well done!

17. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    *walks in sulking after argument*

awesome post Luney! loved it, and i totally have rebegun re-reading The Scarlet Pimpernel...

Very pleased with the way things are going and i sit here wondering how soon it will be before Amaia finds somone to be with, a proper young pretty lady like herself should have no trouble, especially without the need to hide!

18. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. HandmaidenKenobi

HandmaidenKenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    Oooh, awesome start!! Poor Trehnt, how shocking to find a woman in a bathrobe in your room! ;) I'm so glad Cianna and Ganner got married. :D

You know, The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of the few books I haven't read. I must add this to my winter break reading list...

20. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    Hmmm... *pf rubs her chin thoughtfully*

That the best you could do?

;)

21. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent story so far. I have enjoyed it quite a bit! Great job.

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    RebelMom:

My aren't you writing fast. I got your email. :D Have to keep ahead of myself ;)

Sir Percy...er Prince Richard to the rescue. Quite! Freudian slip there Mommy? ;)

VaderLVR64:

Another great post! Amazing story so far, looking forward to more! *blushes* Thank you very much! :)

jade51999:

awww.
    its good to know that Cianna and Ganner got married!
    Yes, yes, they did. Since this is three years after WLWF, there's quite a few couples that did. ;)

And ahh I see now that all the italics were a vision!

Well done!

hollynkesten:

*walks in sulking after argument* Sorry ;)

awesome post Luney! loved it, and i totally have rebegun re-reading The Scarlet Pimpernel... Hehehee glad to hear it!

Very pleased with the way things are going and i sit here wondering how soon it will be before Amaia finds somone to be with, a proper young pretty lady like herself should have no trouble, especially without the need to hide! I can't imagine who she could be with ;)

Jaina_Solo_59:

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! Love the enthusiasm!

HandmaidenKenobi:

Oooh, awesome start!! Poor Trehnt, how shocking to find a woman in a bathrobe in your room! Poor Trehnt indeed! Good thing Julie wasn't around...;)

I'm so glad Cianna and Ganner got married. Yeah, I'm glad for them too.

You know, The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of the few books I haven't read. I must add this to my winter break reading list... Yes, you must!

padawan feline:

Hmmm... *pf rubs her chin thoughtfully*

That the best you could do?
    :p Lets see you do better! ;)

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon:

Excellent story so far. I have enjoyed it quite a bit! Great job. Thank you! :)

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The Devon/Richard interaction was great!!!

"Richard, there's a woman in a robe in my cabin," he announced, confused.

Richard choked, grasping Trehnt's arm. "Then I suggest we let her dress," he said, pulling him and Devon out of the room.

Lol!!!

Devon nodded his assent, amused by his younger cousin's embarrassment.

Is Trehnt Julie's brother?

We'll find her another cabin."

"No, it's alright, she can stay," Trenht said quickly.

Richard raised an eyebrow. "Now that would hardly be proper, Trehnt."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Yes!! Ciana and Ganner are in it!!! Will they be major characters? [face_pray]

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, I'm ridiculously excited.

The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my favorite books/movies, and I can tell already that this is going to a wild ride! I love the characters already, and the premise, too, of course!

Is it too soon ot ask for more?

25. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    "Richard, there's a woman in a robe in my cabin," he announced, confused.

Lucky dork. Nothing like that ever happens to me. *sigh*

The vision was well-constructed and I like how you broke it up, only giving a wee little bit at a time.

I'm glad you're actually posting this now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.