main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Scarlet Illyini (Post NJO AU, Authors NOte 11\12\05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    NYCitygurl:

The Devon/Richard interaction was great!!! Thanks! :D

Lol!!! Hehehehe I was rather proud of that one ;)

Is Trehnt Julie's brother? He sure is! He's her oldest-younger brother. :) Makes him 19.

Yes!! Ciana and Ganner are in it!!! Will they be major characters? [face_pray] They'll be in it again...;)

Jedi_Jaina_Durron:

Well, I'm ridiculously excited. Awesome :D

The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my favorite books/movies, and I can tell already that this is going to a wild ride! I love the characters already, and the premise, too, of course! Thanks so much, it'll be fun...:D

Is it too soon ot ask for more? Possibly ;) I may get something up today. (I like to keep two chapters ahead of myself so if Chapter Three gets finished..yes :))

Arin_Atona:

"Richard, there's a woman in a robe in my cabin," he announced, confused.

Lucky dork.
    lol! And here I felt bad for the li'l tyke;)

Nothing like that ever happens to me. *sigh* *sigh* ;)

The vision was well-constructed and I like how you broke it up, only giving a wee little bit at a time. Thank you :)

I'm glad you're actually posting this now Thanks, me too :)

2. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Chapter One
    Royal Palace, Theed, Naboo

It is a marvel of nature how well freshly fallen snow can silence the world, creating an aura of peace that can be sensed before it is first visible. This was not the kind of morning for non-stop meetings before midday meal, but it would be perhaps unseemly of the King of Naboo to spend the hours starting snowball fights. Although, Richard surmised, he'd mediated far stranger parliamentary sessions. He smirked slightly at the idea of giving them snowballs to settle their differences, but his mirth was short lived as he continued to watch the snowflakes fall. The peace of the first snowfall was as deceptive as it was fragile; deceptive because if you dwelled in it too long without protection it could kill you, and fragile because it was liable to melt come afternoon. It was much like the peace he'd struggled to maintain during his reign over Naboo. He had grown comfortable in it, lowering his defenses until his own sister nearly shattered it forever.

Richard took a deep breath, forcing his thoughts onto a lighter track. Sioned had not succeeded, due largely in part to the selflessness of his nephew, Devon Altair. He had fully realized that in choosing to free Saché, he was not only turning against his parents, but could also face their same traitor's fate. He had given up everything to do what he knew was right, and had yet to stray from that path.

He frowned slightly, his thoughts drifting downward in a spiral of confusion. For reasons he could not fathom, Richard, Devon, Trehnt Daris, and a few other noblemen had started a search for the legendary Hand of the Force. The legend had destroyed many lives and careers over the generations, and he could not see how respectable men could be seduced by its mythical power. Unfortunately, there was no talking them out of it, and his son was the hardest to sway. Richard seemed to believe in, "logical until proven foolish."

Or, rather, until proven foolish by himself. Although it was driving his Jedi daughter in law and cousin crazy, simply because they knew such a thing could not exist, and seeking it was, in a way, an affront to the Jedi. Richard had not seen any lasting harm yet, and had no plans to request a stop to it.

At least Armand had not seemed to lose his mind yet, though some would argue that anyone who would wish to rule a world must have. He had been born for it though, and it had taken him over twenty years to finally realized it. Richard had been very proud of his son the day he told his father he wished to run. Yet at the same time, he feared for him more than he had ever before in his life.

Thousands of years ago, it was believed that the King and Queen were considered to be the link between the Naboo and the gods, protecting them by keeping them in their good graces, and being prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice should the gods demand it. They were also meant to be a shield between Naboo and the rest of the Galaxy, protecting their interests and lives in every way possible, and in return, the people promised obedience. The roles had not changed much since then, though the people now had the opportunity to choose their leader.

For the sake of security, a king must be placed on a pedestal, free from the mistakes mortality demanded. He must never lose his calm, because it would cause the people to lose theirs, and he must never show uncertainty. Most politicians adopted both public and private personalities, in order to not lose themselves entirely in the vacuum of politics. There were always some who could not keep their private and public lives separate, and because of this they often lost a sense of their people, and became the most dangerous world leaders in the galaxy. The inner struggle was often taxing, and though he did not fear this with Armand, he feared the effect it would have on him.

He had no qualms about handing Naboo over to his son, but he wasn't entirely certain he was ready to give his son to it.

There was a kn

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    uh...

crap!

already their ruse is unfolding..and its only been a few months..

now this can't be good!

King Richard! The man he's a nut, Lyanna is crazy! Stay away from him! Listen to Nadia, she knows what's really going on!

4. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    interesting

5. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

The plot thickens... are our heroes to be foiled so early in the story? I'll bet the Ganner comes to save the day... along with what's-his-face... erm... Jacen.

I never liked Jacen... so you'll have to convert me ;)

6. padawan feline

padawan feline Jedi Master star 3

May 26, 1999
    I like the name, Chauvold... I wonder what kind of geneous thought that one up! ;)

The scene was great, and you are placing the characters very well.

I hate to have to sound critical but... what exactly did Peter Parker's entrance through the window have to do with what was going on in the story?

7. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    And so the intrigue begins! ;)

It is a marvel of nature how well freshly fallen snow can silence the world, creating an aura of peace that can be sensed before it is first visible.

What a lovely image to start off the chapter with! Now I want it to snow here... :)

There was another knock on the door and Chauvold strode in a moment later, barely pausing to sketch a bow.

May I say that the moment this Chauvold guy swept into the room, I heard evil theme music being played? [face_skull] And that was before I found out about his past love for Taima and all sorts of other incriminating evidence...

"It's a set of instructions, signed with a scarlet illyini."

Don't give it to him Taima! No! You're accidently hurting your husband... [face_worried]

I'm glad to see that Nadia and Jacen are happily married in this fic. ;) I look forward to more of the story unfolding soon.

~Padme :)

8. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Ooooo... I'm all caught up now! :D Will we get to see Armand and Lainey? [face_praying]

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Richard seemed to believe in, "logical until proven foolish."

Lol!!

At least Armand had not seemed to lose his mind yet, though some would argue that anyone who would wish to rule a world must have

Do you mean Richard? And if not, when did Armand decide to run?

That was great!!! He better not find out that it was Richard . . .

10. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    jade51999:

crap!

already their ruse is unfolding..and its only been a few months..

now this can't be good!
    *looks innocent*

King Richard! The man he's a nut, Lyanna is crazy! Stay away from him! Listen to Nadia, she knows what's really going on! But she's not the legitimate ruler, is she? ;)

Jaina_Solo_59:

interesting Thanks

Arin_Atona:

The plot thickens... are our heroes to be foiled so early in the story? I'll bet the Ganner comes to save the day... along with what's-his-face... erm... Jacen. Jacen and Ganner to the rescue? Has potential. ;)

I never liked Jacen... so you'll have to convert me I think I can...though he doesn't come in till chapter four ;)

padawan feline:

I like the name, Chauvold... I wonder what kind of geneous thought that one up! What's a geneous? ;)

The scene was great, and you are placing the characters very well. Thanks :D

I hate to have to sound critical but... what exactly did Peter Parker's entrance through the window have to do with what was going on in the story? Honestly, freak, when does Peter Parker *not* fit into a story??? ;)

PrincessPadme:

And so the intrigue begins! So it does. :D

It is a marvel of nature how well freshly fallen snow can silence the world, creating an aura of peace that can be sensed before it is first visible.

What a lovely image to start off the chapter with! Now I want it to snow here...
    Thanks I was proud of that...and it's only snowed here once so far, on Halloween. Didn't stick....*sigh*

May I say that the moment this Chauvold guy swept into the room, I heard evil theme music being played? And that was before I found out about his past love for Taima and all sorts of other incriminating evidence... lol! Like his similarity to Chauveline? ;)

Don't give it to him Taima! No! You're accidently hurting your husband... Ooh you caught on to that....:D

I'm glad to see that Nadia and Jacen are happily married in this fic. I look forward to more of the story unfolding soon. Thanks! Well I figured their long term engagement was long enough. ;)

Myri_Antilles:

Ooooo... I'm all caught up now! Will we get to see Armand and Lainey? Hello! Armand and Lainey? Aren't you sick of those little buggers yet? ;)

NYCitygurl:

Do you mean Richard? And if not, when did Armand decide to run? Nope, it's Armand alright! Actually I've been setting him up for it since Shadows...he was deliberating it in WLWF, there are a few things he'd like to see changed in the government...and the best way to do that is to run. :) (oops guess I've admitted he's in the story ;))

That was great!!! He better not find out that it was Richard . . . *whistles*

11. Myri_Antilles

Aug 3, 2004
    Hello! Armand and Lainey? Aren't you sick of those little buggers yet?

NEVAH!!! :p

12. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Sick of Armand and Lainy? What!

Nadia is tech. the legit ruler isn't she? Ruler in exile...

hmm..

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Myri_Antilles:

Hello! Armand and Lainey? Aren't you sick of those little buggers yet?

NEVAH!!!
    lol! Wow... well I guess they're kind of sort of in the next chapter ;)

jade51999:

Sick of Armand and Lainy? What! There's two of them! ;)

Nadia is tech. the legit ruler isn't she? Ruler in exile...

hmm..
    Possibly. ;)

14. Myri_Antilles

Aug 3, 2004
    lol! Wow... well I guess they're kind of sort of in the next chapter

Yay! When will it be up? <gets red marker to circle date on calendar> :p

15. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Blast! I got this far and there's nothing more to read!

Clearly, Taima got all that grace from her loverly grandmama, yes? ;) What did she inherit from Jon, I wonder...

Fantastic start, Lunita! I especially liked the romantic rescue of Amaia and King Richard's thoughts about the role of monarchs.

Looking forward to more! Give me a heads up when you update, since I really stink at checking the boards... LOL

16. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    Oh no deary, i have no desire for your death, only your long, slow, painful, torture....;) then, id hold you captive until you either, didnt kill him, or gave me somehting i really really wanted in return! And then MAYBE id ease off a little, intil then... who can say.... i guess ill wait it out until you finish writing the next piece. Other than the Taima and Chauvold pice of that, you did a very good job! Keep it up!

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Nope, it's Armand alright! Actually I've been setting him up for it since Shadows...he was deliberating it in WLWF, there are a few things he'd like to see changed in the government...and the best way to do that is to run. (oops guess I've admitted he's in the story )

Lol so I guess he's running against Richard? Lol, I guess Lainey's going to be in it too, then :D

*whistles*

*sighs* I guess he is, then :(

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Myri_Antilles:

Yay! When will it be up? <gets red marker to circle date on calendar> Either today or tomorrow, soon as I finish Chapter Four :)

Sache8:

Blast! I got this far and there's nothing more to read! *looks innocent* Well it IS a new story ;)

Clearly, Taima got all that grace from her loverly grandmama, yes? What did she inherit from Jon, I wonder... Of course, grace from Mommy...and Jon...well...Taima isn't the least bit bashful, I wouldn't think. ;)

Fantastic start, Lunita! I especially liked the romantic rescue of Amaia and King Richard's thoughts about the role of monarchs. Thanks girl :D

Looking forward to more! Give me a heads up when you update, since I really stink at checking the boards... LOL lol! Yeah, I'll do it :)

hollynkesten:

Oh no deary, i have no desire for your death, only your long, slow, painful, torture....;) then, id hold you captive until you either, didnt kill him, or gave me somehting i really really wanted in return! And then MAYBE id ease off a little, intil then... who can say.... i guess ill wait it out until you finish writing the next piece. Other than the Taima and Chauvold pice of that, you did a very good job! Keep it up! lol! Thanks...that piece seemed to scare off some other readers ;) And is that a threat? ;)

NYCitygurl:

Lol so I guess he's running against Richard? Lol, I guess Lainey's going to be in it too, then Well, see, Richard chose not to run when Armand did...Rich would be far happier on a farm somewhere raising 12 kids...or rescuing Alerian nobility. ;)

19. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    hollynkesten:

Oh no deary, i have no desire for your death, only your long, slow, painful, torture....;) then, id hold you captive until you either, didnt kill him, or gave me somehting i really really wanted in return! And then MAYBE id ease off a little, intil then... who can say.... i guess ill wait it out until you finish writing the next piece. Other than the Taima and Chauvold pice of that, you did a very good job! Keep it up! lol! Thanks...that piece seemed to scare off some other readers

i told you it would, and i also told you you should hae made it so it just wasn't found, or she didnt see anyone pick it up... meanie

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    You know well the story of the Scarlet Pimpernel...I mean only to be true to it. ;)

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Guess I'll post something happy then ;)

Chapter Two

It had caused quite the stir in the manor when, at 0900 hours, Princess Helaine was found deep cleaning the sitting room. She'd moved slowly from hers and Armand's suite to the hallway, and though at first it'd rather upset the household staff, they chalked it up to her being pregnant and a Jedi, and thought it normal. While at home she'd been living in Armand's gym clothes, though she had to roll up the pant legs and shirt sleeves quite a bit. Armand had his brother Richard over in his study, going over position points for the final political debate scheduled for that evening, and Lainey was more than content to spend the time scrubbing floors instead. Her pregnancy had so far managed to sap every extra bit of energy she had, until suddenly this morning she'd had the strongest burst of it in months. She could hardly sit still, wanting her home to be perfect for when the baby arrived.

Lainey looked up as she dipped the rag in the bucket of water, frowning at her handmaiden, Solana. She had offered to help Lainey clean, but she wouldn't hear of it, and told her to go find something useful to do with her time. And, like usual, Solana didn't listen to her. Lainey smiled slyly. "I am certain Captain Degah must be terribly bored, standing guard outside Armand's office."

Solana nodded. "He is doing his duty, milady."

"And he does an excellent job of it," Lainey said, looking up at Solana from the corner of her eye as she scrubbed the floor. "But I doubt he would be adverse to some company, Solana." She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "He has to be better company for you than an old pregnant woman."

"You're only as old as you feel," Solana said, walking over and picking up her own rag. "And I'm fine here, Princess."

"You're going to ruin your dress," Lainey said, attempting to take the rag away from her. "Why don't you take the afternoon off? You can send Alune up here if you're so worried for my safety."

Solana snorted, moving away from Lainey. "She doesn't handle your odd days very well."

Lainey dropped her rag. "My odd days?"

"Not many Princesses spend their mornings scrubbing floors, take weeks studying everything they possibly can about scarlet illyini's, break a leg jumping ten meter high walls..."

"I get it," Lainey said, raising her hand. "Can't believe you've referenced them though!"

"Hello, Ladies."

Solana paled considerably, jumping to her feet and curtsying low. "Greetings, your Majesty."
    Lainey attempted to rise to greet her father-in-law, but only managed to fall back, knocking her bucket of water over. Blushing, Lainey casually attempted to mop it up with her rag. "Hello."

Richard smiled warmly, ducking down to grasp Lainey's arm and pull her to her feet. Keeping a steadying arm around her waist, he asked, "Busy morning?"

"Slightly," Lainey answered, feeling hopelessly awkward in Armand's now wet clothes, and fighting the urge to go clean up her mess. "How are you?"

"Doing well," Richard answered, squeezing her shoulder. "Where's that husband of yours?"

"In his study with Richard, I'll get him," Lainey said, then turned to Solana. "Please show his Highness to a seat," she said, before waddling semi-quickly into her suite.

Prince Richard could not quite determine why he felt nervous meeting with his father in Lainey and Armand's suite. A rock seemed to have formed in his stomach and he could hardly participate in the first ensuing small talk. It was centered around the election, and the anticipated birth of Lainey and Armand's baby, who was due in just two weeks. Richard rather looked forward to having a nephew, even though they hadn't given him the honor due him in naming the boy after him. Both of them had agreed, perhaps too quickly, that two Richards were enough.

Suddenly, his father turned to him. "And how goes your search for the Hand of the Force going, Richard?"

"Very well, Father," Richard replied,

22. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Forgot this one last time:

"Richard, there's a woman in a robe in my cabin," he announced, confused.

LOL!! poor little... third generation Kenobi boy. ;)

Old, pregant women... *snickers* She's scrubbing the floors when she's nine months gone? Is she nuts? :p

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Can you send Lainey to my house? I'd love someone to clean it. :)

I think Lainey might be on to Richard, or she thinks he's loosing it. ;) Interesting idea that the Force works through the non-sensitives. It'll be fun getting the Jedi involved. They'd be in trouble if they were noticed though. Not too easy to keep a Jedi secret, if it were revealed that they were Jedi. I think I'm loosing it. I hope that made sense.

Girl, you are writing too fast. ;) Give the beta a break.

24. Myri_Antilles

Aug 3, 2004
    No, don't give the beta a break! :p

It had caused quite the stir in the manor when, at 0900 hours, Princess Helaine was found deep cleaning the sitting room.

I LOVED this line! She and I would get along very well... I wouldn't be able to stand someone else cleaning my house. :p

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Oh Ho! Lainey! LOL..that is sooo like her!

I especiall like the part about her jumping 10 foot walls and breaking her leg...

:)
    HEH HEH HEH...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.