main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Poor Luke though...even at his bachelor party he can't get a break.

Luke Skywalker
    He doesn't go looking for trouble, it just usually finds him.

That should be a motivational poster!

2. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
  3. Luke_Mara_Index

Luke_Mara_Index Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    It’s time for the Skywalker-Jade Revival Society February 2013 Challenge!!!

For this challenge you must either write either Luke/Mara’s 1st, 10th, 25th, 50th or 75th wedding anniversary. It can be either canon or AU. Romance and mush are not required, but come on, it’s FEBRUARY!

You must include:
    - Something that traditionally represents the anniversary (1st – Paper; 10th – Tin/Aluminium; 25th – Silver; 50th – Gold; 75th – Diamond)
    - The phrase “I’ve been with you far too long”
    - A kiss

Have FUN!!!

(These probably won’t be archived because I can’t edit any of the first posts without my changes being un-done whenever they try to fix the truncation problem.)

ginchy and Hazel like this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Sound like a blast

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Now this sounds fun! I hope there are a million entries!! [face_love] IF I can get this last 'proposal' written I might try my hand at it to get the muse juices flowing again.

6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Currently started to write...it finally. I just needed to get some other stuff out of the way first.

ginchy likes this.
  7. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I hear ya!

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I actually started to write mine before I posted the challenge. I'm bad, I know. But school and DRL as distracted me. Hopefully I'll get it finished and I may try to write a second one before the month is done.

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, I think I've got good momentum myself and have decided where its going to go...and figured out how am I going to use the phrase...

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    This month's challenge isn't exactly a challenge, but who's complaining ;) January's challenge was pretty hard, so it kinda even things out.

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, I've never really done this before...actually had parameters put on one of my fics...so it makes it interesting.

And yeah ..I looked at it...wow.

12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I've got time to do this one since I'm not currently writing anything at the moment, (Even though I have like....a handful of full fics...like five..and two one shot threads)

13. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Are there going to be a ton of entries?? HINT HINT. Come on, make a ginchy-girl happy!! ;)

I think I'm going to attempt to write their 10 year anniversary because my and Mr. Ginchy's 10 year anniversary is coming up in May. And unless I've calculated incorrectly, Ben was 2.5 at their 10 year mark. Our Little Bit is also 2.5! [face_love] (Granted, we didn't go through galactic war during those 10 years so the comparisons are small. :p)

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congrats! Me and my Sith Lord will be married for 25 years in May. Unfortunately, I don't think my anniversary will inspire any writing on my part unless you want to read something like, "Mara, what do you want to do for our 25th Anniversary?" Mara gives Luke an irritated glance and replies, "Kill you!"

Gemma and ginchy like this.
  15. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl] Maybe they're just getting back to the basis of their love...??

And thanks! And congrats to you, too! 25 years is awesome!!

16. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    You did deal with sleep regression and toddler beds, though, which are probably worse.

ginchy likes this.
  17. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    That is very true. You have no idea how many nights I wished for The Force so I could help ease the baby into sleep like Luke often does in fic. [face_rofl]

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Darth Real life is being a poo pants right now, so I'll be lucky to get my one that I'm half finished up by the end of the month, but I still REALLY want to write two. Perhaps we should make challenges two months long from now on?

ginchy likes this.
  19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Ugh. Bummed cause I don't have anything to post for Valentine's Day tomorrow. I always like to post something sweet then. Is anyone posting anything I can look forward to??

ETA: Bri, I like the 2 month challenge idea. I think it gives us all a little more time to think it over and (hopefully!) write.

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Sorry, I wish I could oblige...but hopefully the challenge will make up for it...you'll just have to wait a bit

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ok. I'll now make the challenges 2 months long, also because coming up with these talkes a bit and there's no way I can do 12 in a year.

Sadly, real life continues to be a poo, so I won't be posting anything for V-day. I was going to write some smut, but I'm having a mental meltdown at the moment.

22. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks! This is actually helping me out quite a bit. I like something that challenges me as a writer...writing in a parameter with certain key concepts in mind and making everything fit.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    This means the next challenge will be April 1st. Oh boy. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.

24. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I really don't like the way you said that....April is the month of my birthday though

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My muse has died thanks to my head cold, but I still got my challenge response done!

Here it is!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.