main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Sound Of The Rain (Jar Jar's fate)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, Jul 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    This was something like the second SW fic I ever wrote. Finally got around to putting it up here...

The Story So Far,which you don't need to know about but can read if you like... Episode III: Palpatine destroyed the Jedi temple and killed the Younglings. The Jedi fear Anakin is turning to the darkside,and Tyranus is after Anakin and Padme. Padme gives birth to Luke and Leia,but is instructed by the Jedi to keep this a secret from Anakin and say she had a miscarriage. Anyway, Padme and Jar Jar wind up in a cave, er, somewhere (Kamino, if you want) Naboo is destroyed,and Obi-Wan is coming to take Padme, Jar Jar and the twins to a safe place. But Anakin wants to take Padme to Palpatine...anyway,just read on...

The Sound Of The Rain

Standing in the mouth of the cave,all Jar Jar could see was rain. It had been raining for hours. The thunder rolled and the lightening flashed,too. Jar Jar should have been scared by the noises,but he had bigger things to be scared of.
    The sound of a baby crying rose from the back of the cave. Jar Jar couldn't see the very back, it was hidden around a corner. He turned and walked towards the sound.
    "Quiet...quiet,little one." he heard Padme whisper. Then the other child whimpered, knowing something was not right.
    Jar Jar walked over and took the boy from Padme's arms. "Yousa gonna be okay." he told it,wishing he believed that himself. Padme, holding the girl in her hands, nodded.
    "Obi-Wan will return soon...and then we can..."
    She didn't finish,but Jar Jar had a feeling, even though he could barely see her, that she was crying.
    "Wesa gonna be okay too." he said,handing the boy back to her. She shook her head.
    "I hope you might, but I won't. Evil's taken over, this is the darkest day of my life, and all I want right now is to see Anakin. But..." she moaned. "I brought this on myself."
    "Howsa yousa doing that?"
    "I helped Palpatine rise to power, didn't I? Now the Jedi Temple's gone, and the people on my planet-and those poor Jedi children are dead."
    Jar Jar knew all of this. But he felt...angry, as well as sad. Anger was not an emotion Jar Jar Binks was familiar with. Annoyance, yes. But anger...no. Ever since bad things had started to happen,something in him had been crushed. He was responsable now for someone who he cared about...and furthermore, she had just lost a home,and family,and friends...
    It was as if some horrible realiation had suddenly set in. The realisation that he had lost a home too...he'd known for hours...but not really known. The realisation that there were far worse things then embarassment, and finally, the realisation that all his friends were really and truely in danger.
    "Yousa didn't bring this on yourself, Padme." he said, barely believing it was his own voice he was hearing. "Mesa bringen dis on all of us. Remember?"
    She stared at him for a minute. "Jar Jar, if it hadn't have been you,it'd have been someone else. Someone else who evil would have manipulated."
    "Den I shouldn't have let myself be manipulated!" Jar Jar yelled, not flinging his arms around in anger,just standing there. "It was my fault! Mesa tinkin it was mine, anyway!" he finished sadly.
    Padme found herself putting her arm around her old friend. "You've grown up. You really have." she observed.
    "Mesa angry." he said, his voice sounding again like it wasn't his, like it was coming from far away. "Those kids were just killed like that, and dey were young and innocent..."
    "No-one is innocent."
    They turned to see Anakin around the corner, walking towards them,his face furious in the rain. Padme hurriedly wrapped the now sleeping children in their blanket, and left them by the rock Jar Jar was sitting on.
    "Anakin." Padme said,running around the orner to meet her husband. "Anakin...where's Obi-Wan? He should be here by now."
    The was no sound except the falling of the rain. Jar Jar was frightened, and not just for himself. Anakin had something both terrified and terrifying in his eyes.
    "I don't know where Obi-Wan is," Anakin said finally

2. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I care about your story. great that you tried to work with Ja Ja since nobody like that guy.
    Great Job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.