main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sun Crusher. Anyone think this will be brought back into action against the Vong?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Welsh-Jedi, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welsh-Jedi

Welsh-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    It's lying there, I think, in Yavin's Gas Giant doing nothing and surely could be used to take the Vong out.

The hulls of all Vong ships are organic. So, why doesn't Luke use his wise old head, pull out the Sun Crusher from Yavin's Sun, pilot the ship himself (or use someone trustworthy and a good pilot, like Horn - can't let Kyp have it of course), then go on a bit of a rampage, punching holes in Yuuzhan Vong worldships and command ships?

The Vong won't know what hit them. It will be utter humiliation for them, being taken out by 1 mechanical abomination.

That's just a suggestion to the authors, of course.

2. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Nope... Kyp pulled it out of Yavin and used it... they took it back to the Maw and pushed it into a black hole.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Not...a...chance...

4. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well now that the NR is probably gone, it could be a time when it would be used, however it requires a Jedi to get it out of Yavin and that is in Vong terratory and could be of the dark side.

Still it doesn't matter coz it isn't there no more.

After Kyp ressurected it from the gas jiant in the JAT, he crashed it into a black hole in the maw.

5. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    Like I said...

besides.. I'd lose what respect I have for the EU if they ever resorted to going back to the "yet another superweapon" style writing. I have to say I loath that more than anything. One superweapon supposedly more powerful than the last.. which our heroes overcome against all the odds.. yet again.. it's like an old record collecting scratches.

Note to all the authors: Do what you're doing already.. keep the NJO nice and clean and cliché free! Ta muchly

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    By little buddy is correct sir, it's in a black hole, not Yavin.

wk

7. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    "keep the NJO nice and clean and cliché free! Ta muchly"

[face_laugh]

So naive mate

8. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    The origional Sun Crusher was, well, crushed in a black hole. In one of the earlier NJO books, Qui Xux explicitly said that she wouldn't help build any other kind of super weapon. Her memory was wiped out, but she still retained the basic knowledge and so was able to remake her designs for quantum armour.

9. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    do you think anyone will make a fighter or any thing else with the armor?

10. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Dono, it could be an unfair advantage.

Which is exactly what the NR Remanant needs :D

11. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    No more quanun armour ships i think. First of a Qui Xux isn't telling and it would kind of ruin the NJO by bringing a indestructable super weapon in. PLus, the ships aren't easy to make i imagine and if the were to be used for ramming, the dovin basals could suck them in like they almost did the Falcon.

I think that the NR will maybe just improve on already present tech and also use the new yammosk jammer thing. ITs not going to be a new weapon thats going to defeat the Vong, but a new attitude.

12. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Even if the Sun Crusher was available, it had a limited supply of torpedoes aboard. Eleven total, and at least a few were used in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. Those torps were only really effective against a star, and would be wasted on trying to damage individual starships. So, unless they were planning to get all the Vong into some "disposable" solar system and then blow up the sun, it wouldn't have been of much use anyway.

The other option would be if they were going to ram all the Vong ships using the "indestructable" armor, but that doesn't seem to be a realistic or effective tactic.

And of course as the above arguments stated, resorting to the use of Superweapons as a plot device can indeed become contrived and tiresome...

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

If you're willing to wipe out star systems to take on the bad guys, something is seriously wrong with the moral compass. 'Sides, the Sun Crusher is a pale immitation of the Sun Buster from Battletech.

Besides, the New Republic/Newly Dead Republic has all the super weapons they need: The Jedi Knights.

14. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    doesn't luke have a ship made of the same armour? and what if the vongs dovin basals destroy the black hole(s?) and they can get the suncrusher out? Very unlikely, and i pray it never happens. superweapons are a waste of good books.

15. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Even if the Vong could get the Suncrusher out of the Maw, they wouldn't use it. It's technology, therefore sacreligious. It'd just get thrown in a scrap heap to be sacrificed to their gods or something. ;)

16. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I'll admit I did not approve of the return of quantum armor, but KJA & wife gave a ship with quantum armor to the Jedi Academy in the YJK books. Since it's already done, I never understood why it was not brought up in the NJO. The armor is probably extremely difficult to make and expensive, but I bet quantum bullets would be pretty effective against chunks of flying rock. Launch quantum pellets with rail guns for extremely high speed and they probably could do massive damage to Vong ships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.