main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Two Towers - Original DVD

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by _Vengeance_, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    So in a mere 14 hours, The Two Towers DVD will be released upon the world in a flurry of Elves and Ents. Most people won't buy it because, why buy a normal version when you can get the Extended Edition for 20 bucks more with 40+ minutes of new footage and more Behind the Scenes goodies from TTT than you can shake a stick at? Well, those people will be missing on quite the package!

The Two Towers Original DVD will not only be coming with the film, but with behind the scenes previews of Return of the King (Released this December), some comentaries, all the wonderful hidden easter eggs like what The Fellowship of the Ring had, music videos, features on the games, and what should be a touching short film that Sean Astin (Sam Gamgee) made during the reshoots with all the extra equipment and crew members that he could rally. None of these items are going to be anywhere on the Extended Edition, so this is the only place to get 'em!

So, how many of you are going to be out there getting a copy? I know that I'll most definitely be out there!

See ya at the lines, people!

-Cheers!

2. Ash_Skywatcher

Ash_Skywatcher Jedi Master

Mar 5, 2003
    ordered mine off amazon 2 weeks ago

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    just watched it. Very, very, cool. Go Gollum! RotK looks like it will RULE this xmas! Now to watch the extra features....

4. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    <drool>

</drool>

nuff said

5. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Just bought it on sale last night at our new Fry's in Renton, WA! Watched the features right away.

Can hardly wait for Return of the King!

The city of Renton showed Two Towers free at their Friday evening outdoor cinema. A bunch of us Star Wars geeks dressed up in LOTR costumes and went. Two Towers

6. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Nice. Did they do that also for when AOTC came out?

7. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Got it today, will watch it tonight most likely.

And did you guys hear about what they may be doing at Santiam? Apparently New Line is releasing copies of TTT:EE and FotR:EE on 35mm film to be shown in the theaters from like december 5-15th, then on the 16th they'll be doing FotR:EE, then TTT:EE right after it and then at 11 PM, RotK! Absolutely amazing, but keep it quiet, don't want the whole world knowing now, do we ;)

-Cheers and blessed be!

8. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    jawafett, was that question for me?

If so, no they didn't do that. It's just a summer thing and they didn't run EP II.

However, our costume group WAS part of the Charity Release party and did several gigs for the Science Center IMAX showings of EP II. Photos are all on that same host.

9. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Dude! TTT is an awsome movie! I LOVE Smeagle! He's so awsome!

10. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Aye, TTT is quite impressive, though I'm not sure if I like it more than I did the Fellowship. But they're saying that RotK is supposed to be better than the two of them combined... wow...

So how many of you guys are going in costume for RotK? I know for sure I'll be there in my Ranger/Thief outfit, along with maybe some others. I've also been working on making a chainmail hauberk, but I don't think they'd let me wear that, lol.

-Cheers and blessed be!

11. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Wow.

That DVD was worth it just for the ROTK/EE previews.

12. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I just watched all of the bonus material last night and it was great. I loved the WB documentary. Billy and Dom are hilarious. What I've enjoyed most of all is how the docs show the comraderie between the actors and what an incredible journey the whole production process has been.

13. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    If you liked TTT and any other LotR stuff, come and join the Riders of Rohan on our quest to keep the free people of the JC... well, free and out of Sauron's hands!

Home of the Riders of Rohan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.