main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    No, progressives simply insist that this country has to strive to be better.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Progressives think America's best days are ahead of us and strive to make it so. Conservatives think America's best days are behind us and strive to make it so.

3. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I always find it rich when I here conservatives questions others love for this country.......giving their track record that last 10-15 years.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Wait, is this the same September 12, 2012 when Obama called it an act of terror on national television? So you're saying they knew what had happened by September 12, 2012? I guess the coverup period here is supposed to be the time it took Obama to walk to the podium?

[face_rofl]

5. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999

Look at what Obama said over the two weeks.

By the 12th, had they bothered to talk with the senior surviving diplomat in Libya at the time, they'd have known it was an attack. So either they didn't talk to him, or they did and decided to lie about it.

Obama, I guess, was more interested in his Vegas fundraiser with Beyonce.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    It was an attack either way. By the 12th, Obama said publicly that it was an act of terror. Does Obama saying it was an act of terror indicate that he didn't know it was an act of terror? So much for the fictional narrative of "Obama tried to hide the fact that there are still terrorists out there". FLUSH.

Sorry, you'll have to use a different ploy to snatch everyone's health care. Try the IRS thing.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    This is so fantastic that I cannot like it enough. Should be on a bumper sticker, or something.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I can't read it without thinking of Patrick Stewart.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, since you're thinking of him, here's a great way to spend a minute and 20 seconds:

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Can he please have a role on Doctor Who at some point in time? Please?!

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I've never seen Dr. Who, but I think he should be on every show. Congrats on the colors!

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The IRS thing focusing on the Tea Party and related conservatibe groups. They have been financed by the same people who have helped screw this country for the past 13 years; i.e. "The Right". Why not see what they are up to?

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I like to think I have made it wel lknown that I do not just listen to a single side of the media/political structure and pass judgement. I do watch Fox News and listen to Beck and Limbaugh. Recently there has been adverts for Buy Belize. What is that? And advert for rich folks to avoid paying taxes. A tax haven.

Basic info

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I do still watch FOX on occassion (when they're not focusing all their attention on Benghazi), because sometimes when they come upon a legal case/story with little to no political bent, they sometimes ARE fair and balanced (Case in point: The Casey Anthony murder trial. I tuned into FOX more often during that one than CNN because, a few of their anchors are former lawyers and it's nice to hear views from both sides of a legal argument without a Nancy Grace sized ego shooting down whichever side she thinks is wrong), but I don't listen to Rush or Beck because Rush makes my blood pressure spike and Beck gives me constant headaches from hitting it on my desk.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Make no mistake, when I hit the radio shows of Beck and Rush I have a hard time staying with it for more than a few minutes at a time.

17. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    "It was worse than a crime. It was a mistake."

18. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Am I the only one who enjoys Beck, Hannity, and Limbaugh on the radio? They have to inflate and contort everything into some paranoid conspiracy that it's actually quite impressive. It's especially fun when Beck cries.

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It would be fun if there weren't people who legitimately agree with their nonsense.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Whew.

Jon Stewart skewered some peoples last night over the IRS deal. In a way he only could..he still made the "tin foil hatted" fringe right wing the butt of the joke. But he hit the administration hard. And the IRS harder.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, what the IRS did was wrong... I wonder if they actually had a manager (the GOP has blocked a director for the last 4 years) if this still would have happened?

There's no news on Benghazi, I'm not sure why people keep bringing that up.

As for the AP... the DoJ was investigating a national security leak, so they were looking through phone records. It's legal. What exactly is the scandal? Did the press really think they were immune to all of this?

Anyways,

North Carolina wants to ban Tesla electric cars:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t...ould_prevent_unfair_competition_with_car.html

Brought to you by the party for "economic freedom"! :rolleyes:

22. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I think the IRS 'scandal' is the only one with merit. And that is kind of is a one-week story unless they were getting directed to by Obama or a Cabinet member.

The DoJ 'scandal' I don't entirely understand and partly attribute to the media wanting a pile-on and to protect their own (if these were any other civilians having their records seized under the terms of the Patriot Act, journalists wouldn't find the story interesting). These procedures are fairly common throughout the last decade and they are trying to investigate a national security leak where the AP broke a story of bomb plot foiled by a Secret Service double agent so by current standards I'd say that is fair game. I tend to side with the 'government does overreach in the name on national security' position, but I don't see how this is out of line with what's been going on since 9/11.

Also, if anyone here (i.e., Smuggler) thinks that Obama will be impeached over this, Dick Morris is predicting he will be. So we now know that he will not.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Obama will not be impeached. He will, however, eat a peach because they are delicious.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rough week in Washington. Now Keith Olbermann is calling for Holder's resignation on "the Twitter."

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... a long time"

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.