main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THEATRES OF WAR Star Wars Saga Play by Post

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Katana_Geldar, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    (So I guess you are boarding the train then, that will be five credits each thanks.)

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/7b/CoruscantTrain2.jpg]

The train takes you out of the tranport hub and through the Senate District, passing the large empty Senate building and Monument Plaza, where a large statute of Emperor Palpatine looms over other smaller statues of the heroes of the Empire. Yet the train moves so fast that by the time you have a chance to look at them they pass by in a blur.
    The droid conductor told you that the train doesn't go into Uscru District itself as there's far too much trouble, but it does let you off at North Uscru, one block from Vos Gesal Street.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6e/Vos_Gesal_Street.jpg]

It's still rather early in the day, but there are a few people around and quite a number of the bars and tapcafes are open. Here and there you can see pairs of stormtroopers patrolling, but not very often.

The Seventh Star is further down the street, on the corner where Vos Gesal meets Daring Way. It is open and a few people are going in and out. It looks little different from the other similar places along the street.

(I had the impression that you wanted to check the place out from the outside before you went in.)

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Yes, we wanted to check it out.
    Are there rolls we should make? Or is there a modifier for later?

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (If you like, perhaps Knowledge: Lore, Gather Information or just plain Perception. But there is a bit more about the Seventh Star that I know I told Dajuan and she hasn't told you.)

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    ((new obstacle: computer monitor died. will try to get a decent post in tonight though after work))

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    ((Sorry, stressful week))

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. To meet up with our contact we'll have to show this (the holo of the chick) to the bartender. He or she will then notify us via comlink when our contact is ready. We'll be led to a call box and we'll chat. Should be easy enough, but be ready for anything.

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    OK, we've been cautious, monitored the outside of the club a bit, not seen any major threats.
    "Ok. Let's go in. You flash to bartender the hologram and give him frequency (whatever) and set your commlink to monitor. We'll hang back at a table and cover you. After you deal with that, if we don't have an immediate alert or other cantina fight, hang around at a different table so we can continue to cover you and watch your back, and vice versa."
    I just want to set up the party split between two tables so we're not as likely to be taken by surprise. I don't care how the party splits.

7. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    There are not that many people in the Seventh Star, which is expected considering the hour of the day. The light is somewhat subdued inside, it takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust and that is all the time needed for those inside to size you up.

The main bar takes up almost the entire back wall, with a doorway on the far right. There are a several tables, a few occupied and a small stage that is empty.

There are a few staff behind the bar, yet only the blue Twi'lek seems to be in charge. She glances at you quickly as you come in and then goes on with her business.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081219105954/swfanon/images/4/4f/Seventhstarbar.jpg]

(Okay, if you guys are "splitting up" then let me know who is approaching the bar. FTR, I don't consider a party splitting up unless they go to two different locations.)

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Picture looks like a hair salon with trippy lighting.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    *Quietly to the group* I'll approach the bartender then grab a table near the back, but facing the room so I can watch for trouble. Is anyone coming with me?

10. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry sits at a table and waits for chaos to start. There's an itch on the back of his hair that it's coming. Will anticipation spoil his reactions? Will this turn into another false alarm? Will he jump the gun and actually start the fight? This place just has that feel. Like it has happened before and will happen again. At least the food should be decent--usually is if you actually get a chance to eat, and haven't soured your appetite with worry.
    Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. He concentrates on relaxing his muscles so that he will be more likely to survive it.

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Moving on...)

The blue Twi'lek turns when she sees Dajuan approach. Welcome to the Seventh Star? Would you care for a drink? Or perhaps one of our other services?

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll have a Corellian Whiskey. Discretely slides picture to the bartender. Quietly: And I believe you know what to do with this.

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Ignoring Dajuan's attitude, she dispatches one of her staff and quickly examines the disc. Just one moment, she says, opening a door at the back of the bad and gring through. When she re-appears a few minutes later, she looks slighty worried but her tone is business-like. This is going to take a little time to set up,but don't worry about it, she adds quickly. The Seventh Star has been doing bsniness for many years, and we have never compromised any of our clients...providing they abidey our recommendations for discretion. I will just need a way to contact you when this can all be arranged. It shouldn't take longer than a few hours.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Smiling: Sure. Here's my Com Code. I'll be around. Give me a buzz when you set it up. Daj walks over to her previously indicated seat to sip at her drink for a while.

****Question, can text messages be send in the SW universe?****

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    She notes down the number on a datapad. Thank you,we look forwardto doing business with you.

(And I iagine sending text messages would be a yes, bu you will need to connect a datapad to some sort of transmitter.)

16. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    What? the capital planet of the GFFA isn't one huge wireless hotspot? :p

17. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Marcus munched quietly on an appetizer plate of fried nerf he'd ordered. The Sarge was busy being in "alert" mode, so he figured he could make the two of them look a little less threatening if he focused on looking like a boring customer.

Grunt had a nice line of sight on most of the bar and Daj, who'd just headed to another table, while Marcus kept a general watch on the entrance. Hopefully things would continue to run smoothly.

18. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry notices that this might take a while longer than expected. He doesn't relax much, but expands to a wider, more passive observation while nibbling on barsnacks (whatever the equivilent of breadsticks, pretzels, and nuts is).
    "Time to look around at the other patrons."
    He sizes up everyone else in the place, and makes mental notes about which look like they can handle themselves in a fight, which look like tourists visiting a 'known dangerous spot' for excitement (aka 'slumming'), and which look like 'breakable' criminal types that the galaxy won't miss much.

19. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    And waits...
    And watches...

20. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    None of the other patrons, as few there are at the moment in the Seventh Star, seem to have more than a cursory interest in you. This includes the blue Twi'lek, who's talking to some of the staff.

(Seriously guys, there's nothing to see here. Nothing to jump you.)

21. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    LIES!!! [face_liarliar] GMs always say that right before they throw hordes of Orcs, ninjas, or stormtroopers at us. It's a dirty, stinking lie I tell you!!! ;)

Really, we're playing paranoid people who are walking into the capital of our arch enemy who has enough resources to do worse than kill us if we're unfortunate enough to be captured alive instead of killed on the spot. And we're in a classic ambush situation. Of course we're going to be edgy and alert. [face_worried]

22. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Point, but the Seventh Star is a rather unlikely place to be ambushed. It's a common meeting place for the exchanging of information and has been for a number of years. You just don't want to get banned. [face_plain]
    So, what do you want to do now?)

23. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Hirry turns to whoever he's sharing a table with. "Why don't you see if you can pin-point the exact spot in this joint from which that the holo was taken. Once we know that, we might have something more to work from while we wait."

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Daj, getting bored walks over the Hiiry's table. Looks like we have a couple hour wait. Want to hang and wait or just take a walk.

25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    (Not to sound like a railroading GM, but didn't you guys have something else you wanted to do after coming here? There is time to do that and then come back, if you like. Besides, what is the point of giving her your comlink code if you are just going to sit around?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.