main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Theatrical Film - "The Clone Wars" - Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 11, 2011.

?

Grade the Theatrical Film - "The Clone Wars"

1. 10

4.9%
  2. 9

2.4%
  3. 8

22.0%
  4. 7

19.5%
  5. 6

22.0%
  6. 5

11.0%
  7. 4

3.7%
  8. 3

6.1%
  9. 2

3.7%
  10. 1

4.9%
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I could easily see that viewpoint. It's worth noting that in retrospect Ahsoka only really annoyed me in the film and the first couple of episodes of Season 1. She quickly drops the nicknames and becomes a more nuanced character, rather than trying to appeal to young kids a little too much.

Case in point: "Jedi Crash" and "Storm Over Ryloth". Ahsoka was pretty great in those episodes.

rumblewagon likes this.
  2. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    Asajj ventress using a mind trick was pretty cool i feel like mind trick is so under utilized

Seerow likes this.
  3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yet you know so little about the Seperatists, why would you indentify Dooku as a villian? Unless you were previously spoiled you could in no way know that Dooku was the villain. You might suspect he was but you couldn't have known.

Disclaimer: My opinion is my own opinion and is in no way attempting to label certain criterion irrelevent. I feel that Dooku did not require any actions scenes to establish himself as a villian, nor do I feel that Asajj Ventress required any action scenes to establish herself as a villian.

Yet his role is a crucial part of the film. Just because the film didn't pander to you as a fan doesn't make any statement about its quality.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The answer to the question posed can be found in the quote.

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Can you let me know what all is going to happen in the Clovis arc. Thanks.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    77 votes, 6.1 average score. Not so good.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I always get weirded out when I see one of my old posts on forums.

I mean, 2011 wasn't that far back, but I always end up thinking, "Why the hell do I sound so stupid?" :p

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't even been a member for that long and I have those moments. :p

07jonesj likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the TV show a lot better and it got better even in the first honest to betsy episode. Maybe I'll give this a rewatch one day but the animation in here seems awkward compared to how lush the series is now. And Ashoka, who I actually do like, really does grate on my nerves in the flick, as she did for a chunk of S1. I do like the more mature character she is now. Glad they dropped "Sky Guy" really really quick. "Snips" was somewhat irritating too but I do like how it's evolved to be a term of endearment. Ziro the Hutt, oy. That's all I have to say about that.

What do I like about the movie a lot is having Samuel L. Jackson voice Mace Windu for all of 6 lines or so, which was fun. But, really, hearing Christopher Lee deliver Dooku's dialogue is a total blast because, honestly, there is more of Dooku being a Sith Lord and being the main bad guy than in both Ep. 2 & Ep. 3 combined. So, oddly, if you want to see (erm, hear) Lee's best performance in a Star Wars movie, its in here.