main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There better not be . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ghost_Jedi, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    any previews before the Midnight showing of rots. I dont want to have to wait any longer than I already have. and besides is there any movie this summer I want to see besides rots.

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Ummm....War of the Worlds and Batman are going to crush ROTS at the box office...Not contest

I'm going to ROTS just to see the WoW trailer...hopefully I'm not let down!

3. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    EMPEROR_WINDU posted on 5/17/05 4:51pm
    Ummm....War of the Worlds and Batman are going to crush ROTS at the box office...Not contest
    [hr][/blockquote]

Him not wanting to see the trailers or any other movie this summer personally has nothing to do with box office sucess. I don't know about you, but I don't decide what I want to see based on how much money it made opening weekend. ;)

4. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't care. Once my butt is in a seat in the theater, I'll be bouncing with excitement until the movie starts. :D

5. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I couldn't agree more with Kas. :D

6. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    fear begins the path to the dark side

7. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    All I care about is getting a seat. Once the seat is mine, nothing will bother me.

8. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but there most definitely will be trailers. Lucasfilm imposed a limit of only five though. Here's the article from IMDb

Studios have had to line up for a chance to show the trailers for their latest movie during the run of Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith, the Los Angeles Times reported today (Tuesday), noting that the theatrical trailer block has been limited to five. While it has been reported that George Lucas had imposed the limitation, several distributors told the Times that 20th Century Fox, which is releasing the movie, had created it. Fox distribution chief Bruce Snyder confirmed: "It's my request to exhibitors. ... It's not an edict; it's a request." However, John Logan, CEO of Logan Luxury Theatre Corp. in South Dakota remarked that those who violate the five-trailer cap could lose their copy of Star Wars. "I think you'd get the phone call. In the contract, it says they could pull your contract and feasibly pull your print," he said.

Emperor Windu, by all forecasts I've read Star Wars is supposed to easily cruise to a summer box office victory.

9. Aragorn_the_Elfstone

Aragorn_the_Elfstone Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    There's always trailers.

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    HEY-

the anticipation is MOST of the FUN of it!!

Personally, I HOPE they show cool previews! I of course cant see it opening nite, but still...WotW will be cool to see...also, if rumors end up being true, (and I could see it making sense) I want to see "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" trailer with it! Also, I've seen the "Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire" trailer-considering the KIND of movie it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see THAT with it too...

11. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Well, there's a story up on comingsoon.net saying that there will be a Fantastic Four trailer shown with ROTS. Ok, so that's at least 1 trailer...

It would be kind of cool to see the HPGoF teaser on the big screen too.

12. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Things there'd better not be of when I get back....

A thread saying `WoW! Palpatine=....'
    Do I even have to type it out in whole?

A sig, DamonD, saying, `Oh well, at least I like five of the movies.'

A thread saying `Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist, rocks!'

13. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    There will be trailers, it's part of a theater experience. You'll see the film, calm yourself.

!snap

14. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I love watching the trailers with crazed fans personally :D
    I also love the games they have. At my theater, Coca-Cola has a coke product race (Coke, Sprite, etc) that people during big movies really get into. They help set up the excitement even more I feel :D
    Wow... this time tonight, there'll be a line going around the block...
    Ya know... part of me never wants these times to end...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.