main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    I generally take the episode guide gallery descriptions with a grain of salt. They've made errors before. Probably more likely just a random Temple Guard mask.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Oh I'm 100% sure that Darth Sidious sent his apprentice to wipe out the Bardottans. Sidious has displayed a historical intolerance for other Force-wielding groups. His destruction of the Jedi and the Nightsisters is pretty indicative of how he'd treat the Bardottans once he had absolute power.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt rebels has trailer only scenes

SyndicThrass likes this.
  4. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I think how they pull off Thrawn in the end depends on the endgame here. I imagine Thrawn will probably kill Commander Sato and trash the rebel base, even if the Ghost and others escape to Yavin or something (Rogue One connection ahoy!) which would be a reasonable way to end the season. If he just ends up with a pie to the face...well, well.

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Honestly? After everything we've seen so far for Season Three? My money is on a pie in the face or something similar. Thrawn will likely achieve a victory but he'll overlook something that will result in his defeat. This Thrawn's weakness seems to be his passiveness. A sudden direct attack would be the way to beat him.

6. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Based on various comments from a few of the voice actors, I think what we're going to see is Phoenix Squadron and a large portion of the Rebel Fleet being destroyed by Thrawn in the season finale, possibly (probably) resulting in the death of Sato and shattering the rebel leadership. But I think Thrawn has a problem in the form of Governor Pryce. Stephen Stanton mentioned that the politics of Imperial High Command become a thing this season and that Tarkin gets some interesting stuff to do. So it would not surprise me at all if Pryce eventually got sick of Thrawn and went behind his back to get Tarkin to have him reassigned or exiled into the Unknown Regions so that they can claim credit for the victory.

7. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Just asked Pablo on twitter just how many Grand Admirals there are in canon. He said there is no reason to believe that Thrawn is the only one.

8. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    - SyndicThrass: interesting, well I wouldn't be sad if it was the case, after all, I want to see: Thrawn destroying the rebels in a huge victory (even if the heroes escape, I want a big defeat for them), I want Thrawn to survive, SO it means he needs to go on another mission somewhere else... some jealousy from Pryce or Tarkin would be an explanation. Thrawn could then leave without humiliation. It would not be the first time someone took credit for HIS voctories (see the victory at Derra IV, Vader took all the credit but it was Thrawn's plan).

But yeah it would be very ungrateful from Pryce and Tarkin, they called Thrawn for help then would send him away and take all the credit...

9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It kind of sets the tone for the events we see in the immediate aftermath of Palpatine's death. The imperial command structure is in such a strange position where rivalries and sabotaging each other is kind of par for the course, and it's why the whole thing falls apart once Palpatine's no longer around to hold it together. I suppose it kept his position safe, in a spiteful kind of way.

Dave Filoni once mentioned that Thrawn was different from Tarkin and the others in the sense that he has no political agenda or interest in self-advancement, just purely a sense of duty to the Imperial ideology. Pryce on the other hand got where she is through effectively selling out her own planet and people out. It's probably not a stretch for her to throw Thrawn under the bus to get in Palpatine's good graces.

10. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    But until now she always seemed to agree with Thrawn, always defending and supporting him (even when Kallus was talking about the civilian casualties at Batonn, or when Konstantine was not understanding Thrawn's decision to let the rebels escape (the first time)...) so I wonder if something will happen in the future episodes which would change Pryce's attitude towards Thrawn...

Darth Caliban likes this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see then.

12. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Just tweeted Pablo and yes it is from an episode yet to come.

Vana and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not suprisng since the EU had 12 GA's at the same time.

14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    New interview of T.Zahn about Thrawn! he talks about Thrawn in Rebels, as well!

15. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    For a sec, I thought it meant Destiny as in the Bungie game. Zahn would be a pretty welcome addition there...

revan772 likes this.
  16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Sabine is totally going to impale thrawn artistically with the Darksaber.

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    That would mess with canon in a really ugly way

18. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    What makes you say that ?

19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    This is just some Thrawn hater fantasizing on some weird stuff...

20. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    From 3x10 we could see that Thrawn is more sadistic than the Imperial officers, maybe on par with Vader.

How he let the Rebel explode in that speeder was though and the music they use for his character is sinister too.

Obviously he's not going to die on this show, it's such a great and deep characters to be disposable. I think that at the season finale he's going to kill Kallus while he sacrifices to save the rebel crew, that would be his major blow to be that close and maybe have a bigger role next season.

21. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don't know if sadistic is the word for it. Thrawn's definitely presented as an ominous presence within the show, but his handling of the saboteurs seemed more coldly pragmatic than anything.

Vana and Darth Caliban like this.
  22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    What canon?

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The canon established in the opening of A New Hope. The events of Rogue One were the first major victory the rebellion has had against the Empire, so a member of the Rebel Alliance assassinating a Grand Admiral and member of Imperial High Command before then would massively go against what's been established.

24. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

I've always thought that the first victory regarded a space battle, where their fleet went toe-to-toe with several Star Destroyers.

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    "It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire."

PCCViking likes this.