main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

thread to ask the new CR Mike Kearney questions

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JEDIMASTER6872, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I figured I would create this thread to make it easier for Mike to answer any of our question and keep everyone up to date on things for the group....

so I will kick the ball off by asking this first question ..

When do you think we will get a update on the bostonrebels website ?? it meems to me like it is in limbo... I know I have not been to meets lately due to Real Life issues with family, and work...

perhaps that can change in the future.. only time will tell..

So whats the latest on website ???

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, since my appointment is not official yet, I'll just comment on this one as one of the 3 people originally tied to the project.

This was something that I was helping out Rosie and Kaylle with by providing graphics. Unfortunately we all ran into outside commitments last spring that forced the project to be put on hold. Now that Rosie is unavailable and Kaylle has not been around in a while, I think we're back to square one on this. While I have no problem getting the graphics necessary finished, I'm only a graphics guy with minimal experience in coding and have no resources to actually host a site.

It's something that I feel there's a need for, but it may take a while to get back up and running. A short-term solution to the problem could be setting up a temporary page over on Yahoo! groups or somewhere similar.

What I'll do is email Rosie and ask her to forward me any additional info she may have on this topic. Once I receive that, I'll check back in with an update.

For anyone unfamiliar with this project, I posted a link below to the original thread on it's development.

EDIT: Hmmm, can't seem to get the link option to work. Must be a Netscape quirk. Anyway, for those interested, the original thread can be found on page 5 and it is titled "Announcement: Boston Rebels Website!"

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    With the absence of someone to host and maintain the site maybe something like a Yahoo site could be more than a temporary option? Is there a requirement to have a website that doesn't run on a free server in order to keep the group a part of FanForce? We could still make it look like a good quality site without going somewhere that would do the hosting for a fee. Considering that meets have been kind of spread out lately, collecting to pay for the site becomes a little complicated too.

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    To the rescue, DW. The old website thread is below. Remember, anything starting w/ http:// automatically gets turned into a link.

http://boards.theforce.net/boston_ma/b10095/18531406/p1/?23

It is being hosted on Kaylle's server, and I don't know when the bostonrebels.com domain name will expire. If the domain name needs to be extended for a year, I think I can swing it on my budget, so please get back to me on that, Rosie.

I'd help out with the site itself, also, but my HTML skills are somewhat limited. If you want an idea of what I can do, give my personal site a look @ http://mysite.verizon.net/rvogel02301/ and let me know if it's enough. I can't really do graphical menus with HTML tables or fancy stuff w/ graphics, so I suggest someone else do the coding for that. Kaylle might be able to do it herself, so I'd suggest you get back in touch w/ her, DW.

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Richie,

Thanks for helping out with this issue, it's appreciated. I fully plan on contacting Rosie in regards to this homepage issue and all of the questions surrounding it. I was planning on holding off though for at least another week to let Rosie settle in back home before bombarding her.

I would say the best plan for this site is to start out simple and then if needed, we can expand from there. A one page site that has a link to our boards as well as our "Mission Statement" posted should be enough to get us started. For the statement we could use the verbage that is on the flyers that we passed out at the Super MegaFest. It's clear, concise and gives the new visitor a pretty good idea as to what we're all about. We could also post info on upcoming meets there as well.

I went back in and tweaked the verbage on the banner I designed for the message board that is displayed in the link you posted. I canged "Message Board" to "Home" and plan on sending that over to Kaylle to replace the pixelated logo that is currently sitting atop our site.

I'll also let her know about our interest in getting the site up and running and if she would be interested in helping us out.

I'll post again when I have more information to share. Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.