main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Threads of the Past (JA, time travel - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin) - COMPLETE 6/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Magier, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    Title: Threads of the Past
    Author: Magier
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Xanatos
    Timeframe: JA with some time travel fun

Disclaimer/Claimer: I don't own anything or make any money, I am just messing with their lives for the fun of it.

Summary: Obi-Wan and Anakin make an unexpected detour returning home from a mission.

I have this mostly finished so I should be able to update often. I will keep a PM list, but only for those active in the story thread.

PM List

Valairy_Scot
    aliceandjasper
    VaderLVR64
    dianethx
    Healer_Leona
    jedidas3
    Gkilkenny
    padawan_learner86
    padawan3
    cole_kenobi
    Jturtle
    JediKnight_Mat
    REALbluelightsaber
    ratna
    laurethiel1138
    Lanta
    laurajslr
    EGKenobi
    Silverfighter
    The_Slilent_One
    Sabriel_Orion
    Quigonjecca

2. Magier

Jul 2, 2007
    Chapter 1

Obi-Wan shifted on his bunk, nestling his head down once again into the pillow. His battle for sleep had gone on for most of the night cycle. Flipping to his back, he sighed out loud in frustration at how elusive rest seemed to be. It wasn?t that he didn?t feel the burden of exhaustion; both he and Anakin had outdone themselves in recent negotiations and had been nearly falling over when they boarded their transport. But, the Force was agitated and he could not find peace in the currents swarming around him, clamoring for attention. How to describe it? Not danger, not even a warning, but a heralding of something that was to come. It was a command to be alert ? to be ready.

Obi-Wan pushed himself up to a sitting position, his body heavily protesting his mind?s decision not to sleep. Maybe hot tea was in order, something soothing and relaxing. He exited the cramped berthing space, finding his way to the ship?s small galley. A slight smile tugged at his lips as he saw another open door and empty bunk. Apparently he wasn?t the only one unable to sleep.

Obi-Wan made his way to the cockpit, towards the bright Force presence of Anakin Skywalker, carrying two mugs of warm tea. He paused at the door for a moment to consider his apprentice. At seventeen, Anakin really couldn?t be considered a boy anymore. He was rapidly approaching manhood, Obi-Wan realized. But, he still looked young, hunched over the controls of the transport with a blanket drawn tightly around his shoulders. He looked as exhausted as Obi-Wan felt, and the Jedi master did indeed have sympathy for his padawan. With Anakin?s sensitivity, the agitation in the Force had to be deafening.

?Do you want something to warm you up??

Anakin nodded, sliding his hands from beneath the blankets to grab the mug offered to him. Closing his eyes, he leaned his face over the mug, inhaling the warm steam and fragrant aroma.

Obi-Wan settled down in a chair looking thoughtfully over his glass at the stars streaming by in hyperspace before taking a sip.

?Do you sense it too, Master??

?Yes, Anakin,? he replied, not needing to question what it was.

Anakin let out a gentle sigh, relieved that he wasn?t imagining things. Both Jedi sat back sipping tea, listening to the hum of engines in the ensuing silence.

?What do you think it is??

?I am not sure, Padawan.?

Anakin slouched down into his blanket. ?Well, I wish it would shut up and let me sleep,? he said sulking, earning an amused chuckle from his mentor. ?So, do you have any idea why the Council needs us back so quickly??

?No, I don?t ??

The words trailed off, Obi-Wan?s attention caught by flashes of orange erupting out the forward viewport. Streaks of violet sliced through the flares like lightening cutting through the sky.

?What?s that?? he asked.

?I don?t know,? Anakin said, leaning forward. ?Some sort of storm??

The transport lurched roughly as though caught in a tractor beam, and then began to rock fiercely back and forth. Anakin let his mug clatter to the floor, shrugging the blanket off his shoulders as he flew to the controls.

?We?re coming out of hyperspace, Master!?

Anakin began to wrestle control back from the autopilot while the ship continued to reel from side to side. As quickly as it had begun, though, the ship stopped its tossing and turning, and floated along.

?What happened?? Obi-Wan asked.

?We entered whatever this is. It dragged us out of hyperspace and now we are stuck right in the middle of it.?

Obi-Wan looked out the viewport at the soft golden glow enveloping the transport. Flickers of orange lapped along the ship like flames. It was like nothing he had ever experienced. He felt warm, warmer than he should be in space, and strangely at peace as though they were in the calm eye of a storm. The Force was strongly concentrated in the anomaly, and it felt as though they were swaddled by its warm currents.

Anakin had closed his eyes, a content smile resting on his youthful features as the Force s

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    This is going to be good <rubs hands in glee>....please put me on your PM list if you have one.
    Great beginning.

4. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    That sounds absolutely interesting! =D=
    Very good first chapter! Can't wait for more!

5. aliceandjasper

aliceandjasper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    Thank you for posting this here and for notifying me. I quite like timetravel stories and this one has promise. I hope for another update soon.

I would like it if you put me on your PM list as I am not in the Before the Saga forum often

aly

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looks amazing! Please PM when you update! :D

=D=

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I love this story. I'm so glad you are posting it here. Please put me on your PM list.

Love the setup and the fact that Anakin is so confused about what is going on.

Hurray!

8. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Oh, poor Obi-Wan, um, both of them. This is a great start. I can't wait for more.

9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    WoW what a shock for Obi-Wan to see him self and his Master.
    This could be tricky.

Sounds interesting=D=

10. Qui-GonJinn1

Qui-GonJinn1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2005
    OOooh.....this looks interesting! Looking forward to reading the rest!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa. This is going to be fun to follow. Please count me in the PM list.

12. xxxkbunnies

xxxkbunnies Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2007
    This premise is VERY interesting! Can't wait to see what happens.

If you are keeping a PM list, can you please put me on it? I'd like to follow this!

13. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Now this sounds VERY interesting and I am already head over heals in love with the plot. Poor Obi-Wan though I just know things are going to get?weird *cough cough*. Anakin seems so confused though >.<

Really love the start of this and I hope I can read more of this SOON! G?luck on the next chapter

Oh and can you pwease add me to your PM list, thankie thankie.

14. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    What an awesome plot!:cool: I can tell that this is going to be an interesting story! Please add me to your PM list if you have one. I don't want to miss an update!

15. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Great beginning! This looks like it's going to be really good. Can't wait for more!

16. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Interesting!
    I really want to see where you will take this and if they will interefere with the events around and what that will lead to!

I also wonder that Obi-Wan shrared with Ani his experience in Bandomeer, somehow I don't see him as very forthcoming about those first years with his master!

17. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    I read your viggy over on Saga and just had to check this out. SO glad I did! :D What a wonderfully original and complex scenerio you have set up here. I can't even imagine how complicated things can become as this unfolds. Great set up! =D=

18. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Wow - you definitely got my attention here.

Love it so far and can't wait to hear more!

19. Magier

Jul 2, 2007
    Valairy_Scot - The fun is just beginning.

Fifilla - Thanks for reading.

aliceandjasper - There is so much fun with time travel, and so much potential for things to go all wrong. [face_mischief]

VaderLVR64 - It should be fun.

diane - Anakin will be thoroughly confused before long. Poor guy.

azizah - It is definitely be interesting with two Obi-Wans running around.

Gkilkenny - Shock is probably an understatement.

Qui-GonJinn1 - Thanks for dropping in to read.

Healer_Leona - Two Obi-Wans, Qui-Gon, and Anakin all together is very fun.

xxxkbunnies - Thanks for reading.

Ganki - I can guarantee that things will get more uncomfortable and "weird" for Obi-Wan. Unfortunately, Anakin's confusion won't be getting any better soon.

jedidas3 - Thanks. I hope I can rise to everyone's expectations.

REALbluelightsaber - Thanks - more headed your way.

ClaudiaR - All I will say is that Obi-Wan and Anakin won't necessarily see eye-to-eye on what to do in their current circumstance, and both are going to learn a lot.

Itachi-Ichiha - Time travel always tends to complicate things.

Qui-Gina-Jinn - Glad I got your attention. ;)

Next post up shortly.

20. Magier

Jul 2, 2007
    Chapter 2

A bewildered Jedi master and his padawan sat eating their evening meal in the galley space of their transport. The small ship had been their only lodging on their previous mission. Both would have preferred any sort of local meal to the field rations they had existed on for far too long, but Obi-Wan felt they needed to retreat to a less public spot until they could sort out what was happening. Though he wouldn?t readily admit it to his padawan, he was shaken. He had not been prepared to see his former master approach, and had certainly not been equipped to feel Qui-Gon?s presence again. It had released a flood of memories and emotions within, and he hoped that after they ate, he would have the time he needed to bring peace to his inner turmoil.

?Master, I need you to tell me exactly what happened during this mission to Bandomeer.?

Obi-Wan looked up; realizing, he probably hadn?t eaten a bite in the last five minutes. Anakin?s eyes narrowed, reflecting concern over his mentor. Offering a weak smile, and making sure his features were composed, Obi-Wan began to speak.

?There isn?t much to say that I haven?t already told you before, Padawan.?

Anakin?s face scrunched up, and he slouched down in his seat. ?Yeah ? umh ? maybe you should review the main points again.?

Obi-Wan let out a sigh. It was probably for the best as Anakin had likely not been paying careful attention when he had told the story the first time.

?Qui-Gon and I came to Bandomeer on separate missions. I was to observe the Agricorps projects that were being conducted in the Eastern Enrichment Zone because that was where I was to be assigned if a master did not choose me as an apprentice. Qui-Gon was to serve as a mediator between the two companies that mined Bandomeer, an assignment that turned out to be a trap set by his former apprentice, Xanatos.?

?The one that turned to the Darkside,? Anakin said, the previous relayed information coming back to him.

?Yes, Anakin.?

?And ? Xanatos ? tried to kill both of you.?

?He set a series of bombs, intending to blow up most the planet.?

?Great,? Anakin huffed sarcastically. ?You mean we?re sitting on one big bomb right now??

?We have time, and I know where the master control is located, and how to stop it if that becomes necessary,? Obi-Wan assured him.

?If it becomes necessary?? Anakin asked in disbelief.

Amused by his apprentice?s concerned, Obi-Wan explained. ?Qui-Gon and I eventually crossed paths on our missions. Events surrounding disarming the bomb are directly responsible for my becoming his apprentice. I intend to leave Qui-Gon and my counterpart alone and let history take its natural course.? Obi-Wan pushed away his poor excuse for a meal and leaned back in his chair. ?Our priority needs to be repairing this ship and finding our way back to our time before we interfere with these events.?

Though Anakin said nothing, Obi-Wan could see that his words had troubled his apprentice. Bright blue eyes were brimming over with heavy emotion, and the boy?s nostrils flared as they often did right before he challenged an order.

?This is our chance, Master,? he said emphatically. ?Don?t you see it??

?See what, Anakin??

?We can warn Qui-Gon about Naboo, the Sith, and ?? Anakin trailed off as his mentor failed to jump with enthusiasm.

?And save his life?? Obi-Wan suggested. He had suspected this was where the conversation would lead. ?It would be dishonest for me to say the thought had not crossed my mind.? Anakin looked hopeful, a smile forming on his lips. ?But we cannot.?

?What?!? Anakin stood up abruptly, slamming his hands down. Plates and utensils clattered, the force of the blow nearly pushing the table back. ?Don?t tell me this is about not messing up your chances to become a knight.?

Obi-Wan pushed aside the sting of the accusation and frustration over yet another impudent outburst. ?Sit down, Padawan,? he said sternly, in a tone that would remind the youth of his place.

Anakin flopped back down in the c

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved that Obi-Wan would follow his younger self and Anakin would follow Qui-Gon. However, Anakin isn't known for following the rules.

Great job. Love the setup.

22. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    What a great setup, I can tell this is going to get interesting. I can hardly wait.

You did such a great job on both Anakin and Obi-Wan in this last exchange, Anakin?s eagerness to rush in and Obi-Wan?s caution. So many people take Obi-Wan to the extreme and make him either a helpless pile of emotion or a piece of petrified wood. I think you got him just right. =D=

azizah

23. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Interesting, i get the feeeling that Anakin won't obey the noninterefence rule...
    makes me wonder how he will react to seeing his future master take a plunge from the
    mining platform, hell maybe he will be able to connect to the younger Obi and understand
    his master more... he needs to get some sense pounded into him some time!

Good to see Qui softening towards Obi... he should have done it earlier!

even if Obi isn't willing to warn them about the coming events maybe
    he would try to caution his previous self to avoid the Melida/Daan debacle
    (all very subtly of course)

24. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I just know somehow, sometime, Anakin will either interfere - accidentally on purpose, or possibly, Obi-Wan totally accidentally.

Anakin does make some good points, as Obi-Wan recognizes, but - the reverse is also true.

sits back and waits for the story to develop....

25. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    I also think that Anakin will interfere - and that he will probably do it on purpose. But I guess we have to be patient and wait for the next update...

For just a brief moment, it was as though the Force had opened a window into the future and had shown him what the boy could be. He had sensed a magnificent, composed presence that was without doubt, Obi-Wan. It had touched his mind in the way he remembered a padawan would, and he had sensed great fondness and undying devotion. It had saddened him when that window was abruptly slammed shut, and he remembered turning to a downcast Obi-Wan. Deep down, when Qui-Gon pushed past his own fear, he realized that a part of him wanted to be connected to that warm brilliance, and to see the eager boy that trailed him and hung on his every word become that man.

This time on Bandomeer would be good. They would go their separate ways in the morning. Obi-Wan?s mission would test him. Qui-Gon would be there to observe. He sensed this time on Bandomeer would tell him what he needed to know.

So, Obi-Wan and Anakin have already change the past, haven't they? [face_thinking] Qui-Gon has sensed Obi-Wan's presence and he has realized that Obi-Wan is meant to be his Padawan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.