main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Times of Peace: A slightly AU post- NJO story. J/J, J/TK, A/T****Updated 8/21! Finally!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FlashofLight, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great update!

Yeah! Zekk isn't being stupid anymore! I love how straight forward Wyn was with him! They cracked me up!

Yay for some Jania/Jag mushiness! :D

the newlyweds kicked everyone out of their apartment, announcing they needed some "alone time".
    [face_laugh] Can't say I blame them!

And I must say I'm slightly nervous by the last part of the update! [face_worried]

I can't wait for more!

2. FlashofLight

FlashofLight Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    goddess45: Yeah...whoops. I get the feeling Jaina's gonna be more angry at him than she will be Wyn.

mavjade: Wyn is very blunt. That's just who she is. And the Jaina/Jag thing.....they hadn't had any so-called "airtime" recently, so I decided to throw them in there. Plus the two cute parts at the beginning are foreshadowing the bad-ness ahead. Yeah, if the last part made you nervous the next part will make it worse.

3. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Alone time with a pregnant woman. not without food its not. Alone time is code for, pregnant woman hungry and want to eat in silence, shut up and pass me the snacks. Or so my wife tells/has shown me.

4. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    LeatherNeck: Yeah....I'm thinking one of her strange cravings is going to appear at one point, maybe.

5. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    Okay, here it is...

Chapter Seven:

"Okay, Wedge. What's going on?"

A bleary-looking Han Solo walked into the large NRI conference room with his wife. Already in attendence were Jaina, Wes Janson, Corran and Mirax Horn, Luke and Mara, and Iella and Wedge.

"I don't know. Ask my wife," Wedge said, shooting a glance at Iella. "Although I doubt she'll tell you. She hasn't told me." He frowned. "Yet they know," he said, jerking his thumb at the group sitting around the head of the large table. "Why won't you tell me?"

"You'll find out when everyone else gets here, dear," Iella said, patting his shoulder soothingly. He scowled.

"Jaina?" Han asked. Jaina made no reply, only shaking her head. Han sighed and took the seat next to Leia. No sooner had he sat down than he heard the door open and turned to see who it was.

Jacen and Tenel Ka had come in, Tenel Ka looking as though she was about to go into labor at any moment. Just behind them were Zekk and Wyn, arguing about the advantages of a StealthX over a clawcraft, and Anakin, who was shaking his head as if despairing of the pair of them. They took the seats directly across from Han and Leia.

"Do any of you know what's going on?" Wedge asked grumpily. When the five of them shook their heads, Wedge sighed loudly. Iella merely rolled her eyes. This wasn't the first time Wedge had acted like a small child simply because he was being left out of something.

Tycho and Winter arrived, followed shortly by Soontir and Syal Fel and Jag. Iella closed the door behind them and punched in the code that would lock the door, then moved back to her place at the head of the table between Jaina and Wes.

"I'm sure most of you are wondering why you've been called here this morning," Iella said. There was a chorus of nods and low murmurs. "I have an informant who keeps an eye on certain members of the GFFA government for me, and we found something out late last night." Iella drew a deep breath and continued. "Certain renegade factions of the Yuuzhan Vong are planning an attack at the Jedi Praxeum on Ossus. And not only was the GFFA not planning to do anything, they weren't even planning on telling anyone it was happening."

A stunned silence fell over the room. Then, recovering himself first, Tycho asked, "Is this source reliable?"

"I trust this person implicitly," Iella told him.

"Well, what are we going to do?" Anakin asked.

"I'm glad you asked that. We're covertly putting together our own force," Iella informed them. "Jaina?"

Jaina stood, her face impassive as she faced the rest of the group. "Our main ship is going to be the Errant Venture. Booster Terrik has said he'll be only too happy to help. We've also had word from Talon Karrde that we can count on the Wild Karrde and the Starry Ice, under the command of himself and Shada D'ukal." Jaina paced back and forth in a small path as she continued. "Rogue Squadron is officially on furlough, so I'm taking out the newly reformed Twin Suns Squadron, but as I don't have the time to recall my pilots, I'm going to need volunteers. Any takers?"

"You know I'm with you," Jag said. Jaina smiled gratefully.

"Good. Someone else can be her second this time. I'm designating myself Twin Suns Four on this run," Wes said, leaning back in his chair and propping his feet on the table.

Jaina pushed his feet off, effectively making Wes fall out of his chair, as she asked, "Anyone else?"

Jacen and Anakin raised their hands, grinning. Not to be outdone, Zekk nodded at Jaina.

"Terrific. That's two full shield trios. I could really use at least one more, though," Jaina said, thinking out loud.

"My clawcraft is with Jagged's in the hold of the Starflare," Wyn announced. "Count me in, Commander." She mock-saluted. Jaina rolled her eyes.

"I suppose, since I have nothing better to do," Soontir said, "I might as well se what the big deal is about these XJ3s." Jaina said nothing in reply, only nodded, but the look on her face showed everyone how much it meant to

6. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm here!!

That was a super cool chapter!! The plan about the GFFA and how they weren't gonna tell the jedi!! Very nice on your part FoL. Nice chapter!!

7. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow awhsum job! i luv this story! cant wait for more!!!

Could you add me to the PM list please?

8. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    goddess45: Thanks...the not telling seemed like something they might do.

JAGSGURL15: Thanks so much! Sure, I'll be happy to add you to the list!

Chapter Seven, the Last:

"Anakin, I'm home."

Tahiri smiled to herself as she stepped through the door. Having him back still seemed like a precious gift that could be taken away at any moment. She walked into the living room and couldn't help but grin at the sight that greeted her.

Anakin was asleep on the couch, stretched out, Menley laying beside him. Both were snoring, Menley only slightly, but Anakin quite loudly. The HoloNet was on, displaying the latest grav-ball scores. Tahiri turned it off and walked over to the couch, picking Menley up.

She carried her into her bedroom, laying her down and pulling the covers up over her. As Tahiri looked down at her daughter, she couldn't stop the flood of memories that came rushing back.

"You're what? When did this-"

"The night before we left Eclipse for Myrkr." Tahiri couldn't bring herself to look Anakin's mother in the eyes. "He asked me to marry him, once the war was over. We were so happy, and then-" Tahiri's voice caught and she began to sob. Leia sat down beside her, gathering her close and making soothing noises.

"I know, sweetheart," she murmured. "I know."

Coming out of a haze, and the first thing she saw being big blue eyes, so much like her father's. And Anakin's nose. And Tahiri couldn't keep herself from crying, but they were tears of happiness too.

Being called "Momma" for the first time.

Being greeted by the sounds of little feet running to meet her after work, and sticky hands, and drawings to hang on the walls.

So much like her father, though there was no way she could know it. So much like that it hurt Tahiri's heart sometimes. But in a good way, a way that made her realize she was still alive.

Tahiri sighed. Han and Leia's support had been the only thing that had gotten her through that awful time after Myrkr. That, and knowing that her daughter- Anakin's daughter, too- needed her. Sometimes, thinking back, she realized that Menley was the only reason that she had had to keep living.

Smoothing a stray curl back from Menley's face, Tahiri went back out into the living room to find Anakin awake and sitting up. She settled herself on his lap and kissed him, grinning as she pulled away.

"I didn't get a chance to talk to you after the meeting today," Anakin said. "I'm flying out with Jaina." Tahiri stared at him for a minute, then stood.

"Why isn't she taking the Rogues?"

"They're on furlough. She didn't have time to recall her pilots, so she asked for volunteers." He looked at her closely. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" Tahiri had a hard look on her face, and her eyes were cooling to chlorine ice. "You just volunteered to put yourself on the front lines against the people that killed you, Anakin! And you have to ask me what's wrong?"

"Look," Anakin said, now standing, "this could be why Master Yoda sent me back, Tahiri." Both voices had risen in volume and the emotion in the room was nearly palpable. "Besides, you're going!"

"That's my job, Anakin! You just volunteered. What happens if you get killed again?" Tears were streaming down Tahiri's cheeks. "When they captured me on Yavin, the shapers stripped me of who I was. I was in so much physical pain, but that was nothing compared to losing you!" She took a deep breath.

"I'm going, Tahiri."

His eyes widened as she slipped the japor ring he had given her off her finger and held it out. "Then I'm sleeping in Menley's room tonight." And with that, she turned on her heel and left, leaving a stunned Anakin alone in the living room.

9. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    wow

she completely did not just do that...

10. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    That is extremely hippocritical of her, especially when a child that old, needs her more than Anakin. She expects him to sit on his ass while she risks her life? What kind of a man could do that?

11. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    JAGSGURL15: Yeah, yeah she did.

Valley_Lord: Yeah, it is hypocritical, and extremely irrational, but it's the kind of reaction Tahiri would have. I mean, if you had lost the love of your life, and then got them back, would you want them going out and fighting almost the exact same people that had killed them before? It's an irrational fear, but it's very Tahiri right now. She knows that she can survive without him, that she's strong enough to lose him again- but she doesn't want to have to be that strong.

12. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    Chapter Eight:

Jaina sat up groggily, rubbing her eyes as she looked around the room. Jag was sitting up, putting on his boots. He looked at her over his shoulder.

"We just came out of hyperspace," he said, finishing tying his boot and turning around. "All fighters are unloading here before we make the jump to Ossus."

While Jag was speaking, Jaina stood and began getting dressed. She pulled her hair back, low, and moved to where he was now standing. "Look, Jag, if one of us doesn't make it through this..." Jaina couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence.

"Look, I love you. We'll be fine. We've done this hundreds of times before." Jag kissed her quickly. Jaina nodded, taking a deep breath.

"Okay. Ready?" He nodded. "Let's do this, flyboy."

"Have you seen my flightsuit?"

Wyn threw her hands up in exasperation as Zekk rummaged through a pile of clothes on the floor of the cabin they had shared on the trip. Here she was, trying to figure out how to have a serious conversation with the boy before they went out and likely got killed, and all he was worried about was the fact that he couldn't find his clothes. Although, that wasn't much of a surprise. The cabin was a complete mess, and neither of them could really find anything.

"I can't find my flightsuit!"

"Here's your flightsuit, I love you, and if you get yourself killed I will never forgive you."

Silence fell in the cabin as Zekk gaped at her. She put the flightsuit in his hands and turned and walked to the dresser. Staring at her reflection, she absently fiddled with the end of her braid, then looped it up in the back and pinned it. A moment later she saw him come up behind her. She looked at him in the mirror as he moved his hands to her shoulders.

"I love you, too," he said quietly, dropping a kiss on her neck. "C'mon. Let's go, Ms. Starflare."

"Y-"

"Janson, if you say 'Yub yub' once during this mission I will personally hand you over to the meanest Imperial Moff still living." Jaina ran over her pre-flight checklist. "Twin Suns Lead ready. Report in."

"Two ready. I'm your wing, Lead." Jag.

"Twins Three ready, Goddess." That was Kyp. He was the only one who still called her "Goddess".

"Twin Suns Four, four lit and in the green." Wes. Monkey-lizard though he was, Jaina felt safer knowing he had her back.

"Five ready, Colonel." Soontir had greatly surprised Jaina when he had volunteered to put himself under her command. However, there was no denying that he was a good pilot, and would be an asset.

"Six here, four lit and ready to go." Jacen. She felt him reach out through their bond and reached back, feeling warmth flood her as they conneced again. With Jacen, herself, Kyp, Anakin, and Zekk in the squadron, and Tahiri and Valin with the Wraiths, the battle -meld would be strong today.

"Twins Seven here, Lead. Slight power flux, but not a problem." Wynssa. "Ms. Starflare", as the rest of the squadron had decided her callsign would be. Brash, blunt, but brilliant as a pilot.

"Eight ready. Four lit and itching to vape some skips, Sticks." Zekk. Her Zekk. She brushed him in the Force, and felt him brush back. She smiled.

"Nine here and ready to go, Lead." Anakin. There was something different there- something wrong between him and Tahiri. Shaking the thoughts from her head, she became Jaina the pilot again.

"All right, Twin Suns. Let's do this."

13. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    nice postie! luved Wyn there!

im most eager to see how it goes with Tahiri!

14. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    JAGSGURL15: You should be able to see how it goes soon. It's in the post after next. I think.

15. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    On the bridge of the Errant Venture, Booster Terrik stared out the viewport as the ship reverted to realspace. Next to him and looking as though she could go into labor at any moment, Tenel Ka Djo Solo paced back and forth, her steady gaze occasionally flicking from the sensors to the viewport. Wedge, Tycho, and Booster's son-in-law Corran Horn were nearby, keeping an eye on the starfighter squadrons.

"Glad to see you could make it," a voice crackled over the comm. Booster smirked and moved to the comm system.

"Hello Karrde. Our friends arrive yet?"

"No, everything's quiet here. Twin Suns and Wraiths got here a few minutes ago, and the Jade Shadow's been here for a day or two. Nice coordinating, by the way. The work of General Antilles, I assume?"

"Actually, it was Colonel Solo's idea. She and Iella Wessiri put this whole operation together," Booster explained.

"I pity the Vong."

Booster grinned. So did he.

"Hey, anyone wanna hear a joke?"

A chorus of groans came over the comm on the squadron frequency. Jaina smiled to herself. "How about no?"

"I heard a great one the other day," Wes broke in before Jacen cold respond. "Okay, so an Ewok walks into a Mos Eisley cantina-"

"Twin Suns Four?" An artificially sweet female voice rang out over the comm system.

"Yes, Wraith Six?"

Ah, Jaina thought. Must be Tahiri.

"What's an Ewok doing in Mos Eisley in the first place?"

"Going to visit his cousin the Jawa. Can I finish my joke, please?"

"Do you mind, Twins Four? I'm trying to sleep here, and you're a little loud."

"So sorry to have interrupted your beauty sleep, Bounty Hunter. Force knows you need it."

"Ewok Man, Bounty Hunter, I'm attempting to meditate here, and your negative emotions are making it very difficult."

"They're in my line of fire, Little Brother. Want me to take care of them for you?"

"Thanks for the offer, Ms. Starflare, but we might need them later, once the fighting starts."

"Oh. You may be right."

"So the Ewok walks into the cantina-"

"Wait. What's the Ewok's name?"

"Kettch. Will you quit interrupting me, Wraith Six?"

"We'll see. Continue, please."

"Janson, can you please save the Ewok jokes for after the big scary battle?"

"As you wish, Goddess."

"Man. I wanted to hear the end of that."

"Wraith Six, Wraith One. Please don't encourage him."

"Sorry, Face."

Jaina started to say something, but changed her mind when she saw blips appear on her screen. "Twin Suns, incoming coralskip squadrons. I don't think the larger ships are here yet, but these are enough to deal with at the moment. S-foils to attack position, shield trios form up. Myself, Two and Three are One Flight. Four, you're in charge of Two Flight. That's you, Five and Six. Seven, you're in charge of Three Flight- that's the rest of you. Everyone ready?"

A chorus of "ready"'s came across the comm system.

"All right. Let's go."

16. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    ok I'm here.... like 2 weeks late. I feel SO bad that jaina has to deal with janson. I love how this story is developing!! Can't wait for the netx update!

17. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    goddes45: Aaarg. You aren't the only one who's late. I'm house sitting right now, so I can't exactly do any writing. But good news- I graduated from high school. No more pesky calculus to keep me from updating. The next post should be up sometime in the next week, maybe? I'm going to California, though, and probably won't be near a computer. So we'll see.

18. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    ooooh this is a yummy fic. Keep up the good work mate.

19. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    The_Slilent_One: Thank you!

I'm working on getting those updates out guys......for some reason the battle scene just won't write.....

20. FlashofLight

Nov 7, 2005
    I know, an update! Crazy, right? I bet you're thinking, about time! Well, here you go. I didn't write out the battle scene, because I'm awful at that, but you get glimpses of what happened.

[b]
    Post the Fourth-to-Last[/b]

Jaina?s expression was grim as she landed her fighter in the docking bay of the Errant Venture. The battle had been won, but there had been a price paid for that victory. Anakin had been forced to go EV, but had been picked up by the Jade Shadow not long after, thankfully. Jaina herself had had a close call- she had nearly become space dust, and would have had it not been for Wes swooping in at the last second. Seeing him walking towards her across the docking bay, she grinned.

?Thanks, Janson,? she said, leaning against her X-wing. She was suddenly feeling slightly weak. He looked at her concernedly, his cocky grin disappearing when she swayed slightly.

?Jay? You alright?? Wes frowned. Jaina shook her head slightly as if to clear it, then began to crumble. Wes caught her before she hit the ground and yelled, ?Fel! Get over here!?

Jag came running, having seen Jaina?s collapse while climbing out of his clawcraft. Taking her unconscious form from Wes, he took off toward the medbay.

?Are all my crew accounted for?? Talon Karrde asked Booster Terrik over the comm system. The Starry Ice had been taken over and boarded during the battle, and the crew had left in escape pods that had been picked up by the Errant Venture.

Karrde saw worry cross Boster?s face before he quickly schooled his features. ?Well, yes, except-?

?Except who??

Booster hesitated, then decided that it would be best to get it over with. ?Except for Shada and Aves. The crew said that they stayed behind to make sure everyone else was off the ship.?

Karrde quickly replied, ?Thank you for informing me,? while he could still count on his voice to sound composed, then disconnected, allowing himself to give in to the storm of emotions that left him reeling, and feeling like he had never allowed himself to feel before.

?Hey, Heroboy.?

Anakin looked up at the figure standing in the doorway. Tahiri had slight bruises forming on her arms and one large one on her cheekbone, but other than that, she didn?t look any worse for wear. Anakin, on the other hand, was being made to stay in the bed by the Too-Onebee droids, who didn?t believe him when he said that he felt just fine.

?Hey yourself,? he said, patting the edge of the bed. ?Come sit.?

Tahiri did just that, sitting next to him and, to his surprise, dropping a kiss on his cheek. ?I?m sorry I was so stubborn.?

He laughed. ?I was too.? He leaned up and kissed her. ?We?re just two stubborn people. We always have been. Just trust that I?m never going to leave you again if I have anything to say about it, okay??

Tahiri nodded, laying down next to him. He slipped his arms around her, laying a kiss on the top of her head. ?Now, I?ve already asked you this once- twice, actually, but I?m going to ask again.? She raised her head, looking up into his face.

?Will you marry me??

Tahiri laughed, laughed like she hadn?t in years, since she and Anakin were just children at the Jedi Academy. The kind of laugh that came from being purely down-in-the-gut happy.

?Yes.?

Zekk paced back and forth outside a room in the medbay, occasionally pausing to look at the closed door.

Wyn?s clawcraft had been nearly destroyed during the battle, forcing her to access her evac suit, but not before her legs and arms were cut up by the glass from the viewport. She had, being as stubborn as she was, attempted to finish the battle, but Zekk had had to shield her when she began to grow weak, and had escorted her back to the Errant Venture, where she had been immediately whisked off to the medbay. The Too-Onebees had kicked him out, but not before telling him that if they hadn?t come back when they had, Wyn probably would have bled to death.

He heard a cough behind him and turned around to see Soontir Fel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.