main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon To Prevent Explosion or Death

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Haha, so the explosion I have definitely had a mental picture in my head of multiple times now. In fact I picture the death star blowing up as the explosion! And death would be my fanforce user having to be put do death for good to avoid explosion. What the heck am I talking about? Well, I hope in answering the question I don't cause any further explosion(lol).

So.... as a fanforce, the condition of member relations should be very important! And that is why I bring this up!

Am I the only one that feels like things are sharp around here? Perhaps walking on nails? If I really am the only one, then I will keep things to myself. I've just always felt like the fanforce was my online friends and family, and now it seems like a lot of things are kept to themselves and are very superficial(sp?). I don't feel comfortable being myself anymore, and it seems like everytime I post I regret it. That shouldn't be the way things are...

is it just me?

If not, maybe we can all figure out what's so disfunctional about this place now. I realize I've been gone for a bit, but it was for this very reason. And if I'm able to observe correctly, it seems a few others haven't been around in awhile either(perhaps for the same reason?) It seems we should all be able to work things out in a civil fashion. If civility cannot be obtained, then I am sorry to say that hanging around in a disfunctional atmosphere tears me apart too much and I will have to keep my distance...

We've been through a lot, a lot of us have! No sense in letting this place turn all Silent Hill on us. [face_worried]

2. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *sigh*

I'm sorry guys, it's probably just me...

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Ummmmm.... explosionssaywhat? :D

I really don't see what you are getting at. I think it is just a matter of Darth Real Life taking hold, that hinders folks from posting a lot.

I know, for me, that I am very distracted with my job and running a chapter of a local costuming group. As much as I love the OFF, I sometimes get too busy, or distracted to come in here and check out what is going on, or what the current news is. Again, Darth Real Life.

The only reason I have been in and out of the forum today is because that my (insert expletative here) boss promoted some other lazy shebes to a position that I really should have had. Then he promoted another guy to a secondary position for Saturday supervisor. Point is I work harder than either of those two lazy shebes and I got screwed, losing my weekends off, because I have some infractions on my record that are two years old!

So, while I never had much access to the internet on the weekends, I do now. The downside is that the charity work (through the costuming groups tends to happen on the weekends, so I got screwed.

Yup, I think it is just Darth Real Life rearing his ugly head... again!

- Bill

4. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I don't feel that way. It just feels like everyone is busy. I totally understand. I left OFF for many, many years just because I wasn't in the area. Now I'm back and unemployed at that, so I have lots of free time! I still only check in once a day at most. Everyone I've talked with on this board so far has been awesome.

I think the hardest thing with FanForce groups is that everyone has different interests. I'm mainly a EU novel reader and a fanfiction addict. I know AramysStrael is into costuming for charity work. It's pretty fantastic that all of us with different interests, but a love of Star Wars can come together here. I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you want to see a sad board, the Savannah FanForce had very, VERY little activity and it was eventually closed. Our board, OFF is still healthy and active. I say, Well done!

Though, I appreciate you letting us know about this Larena. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. There may be tension I am ignorant of, or you may be receiving unfair hostility. I hope this is not the case. May you have a great week!

-ImperialJedi

5. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Oh no no! It has nothing to do with the busyness of the boards, not at all!

I suppose I just need to get over myself. It just feels like interactions here are very intense(in more ways than one). Maybe because I've always been able to frolic around lighthearted and without worry of how or where I put my silliness. And now it seems I cannot do that anymore, I feel pressured into behaving a certain way because things just seem very edgy. And the humor that IS tossed around is more of a "I find dry humor in this" sort of thing. Or how, like right now, I feel like i'm making a fool of myself because I'm speaking out and people will shake their heads at me and roll their eyes at me where as before at least maybe a smile went along with those shaking heads.(and now naturally I seem like I'm causing "drama" for no good reason. But I'm not! This doesn't have to be drama! I am a very lighthearted soul if you give me the chance! This lightheart has just felt weighted down for a long time now...)

I just want to be able to splay myself out! Unharnessed! That is what I am online! I love to enter into the midst and dance around, rounding up the room into unified drink and merriment!

But the merriment is gone, because it feels scorned. I can sense the gaze that burns from an unknown source! And if I were to say "Come! Let us be merry!" it would fall on a disagreeing audience.

Haha, this has turned into some sort of "confession time" for the "dramatic one". Hey! That gives me an idea...

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Even though it may look like it on the surface, as most will see that Larena and I tend to argue more than anything, I really don't see any issues here, Larena. You've always been that spark that kept things... entertaining around here. That is a good thing. I don't understand where you are feeling hindered, here. Because that is certainly something that I am not trying to impose on you. Not at all.

We may disagree on a lot of things, but that is life. It isn't a requirement that we always have to agree on everything. It isn't the end of the world if we don't agree on anything, because that is just life and individuality. Personally, I like you just the way you are and wouldn't want you to change, whatsoever - no matter how much you annoy me! :p (That was actually a joke, so don't go taking it literally, ok?)

Do what you do, Larena and just be who you are. Don't let anyone else dictate to you how you should act in here, if they have a certain model of how you should be, that is their problem. As long as you aren't flagrantly disrespecting people, like a certain someone used to, then they just simply need to chalk it up as personality differences and nothing more.

- Bill

7. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Winter blues maybe. Or stir crazy in a shack. There are things we could have discussions about with several topics already posted:
    Clone Wars cartoon series
    The Old Republic MMO
    EU Novels
    Comics
    Toy Collecting

Although, some of having or doing these things require $, which due to the recession, most of us are living within some striengent needs. Belts are tightend on my homestead. And I'm only able to post at work. Oops, time to get back to work.
    Plus, there is no way I would let the OFF go from these boards.

-Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.