main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Episode III: The Final Line (first update)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm thinking the t-shirt design this time around will be 'I lined up in '99 and all I got was this lousy kid' ;)

Can't commit to anything, and overnights are almost definitely out, but you know at somepoint we'll be swinging by the line, tyke in tow. Have to richly steep him in his geek heritage.

And when I'm not there physically, you know I'll be there - in spirit. (that's kinda creepy)

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    oh, I'm so excited! I've wanted to be part of this since I saw Deb on that E-Now episode 6 years ago. I still have it on tape, in fact. ;) Peter thinks I'm crazy, but I really want to be part of this.

I have the whole week booked off work, but I work Sunday night, so I can be there from Monday around noon, but I'd need some place to crash in TO, unless I sleep on the sidewalk.... it's too far to drive back to London every day.

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Yay! And don't worry, I'm sure there will be a few places you can crash at (possibly with me) if you don't want to stay at the line nights :)

4. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    oh, it's nights when I'm awake, remember? It's during the day (afternoon) that I sleep. I'm just really excited about finally having a chance to be part of this!

5. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Gah! Of course I want to be there ALL THE TIME!!! I distinctly recall telling Adam and Dancing Ken that I would beat them this time and be first in line...alas...I just landed a great apprenticeship gig at the National Ballet, and it looks like I won't be camping out afterall. However, I think I will be there for evenings and perhaps early mornings, and of course, with bells on. (Well...maybe not bells...)

Too bad there's no hockey this time. No taking a break and driving up and down Yonge St like maniacs, and then returning to the line to be a different kind of maniac. C'est la vie.

6. Jedi_master_Bernard

Jedi_master_Bernard Jedi Master star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    ide line up. but i still got school and im in markham. but i want to see the first showing at 12:01. damn it a lot.

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Congrats Jedi_Kat on getting an Appreniship at the National! I've heard it's really quite diffiuclt.

8. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Thanks!

Just to clarify, I'm not a dancer...I'm a stage manager...the apprenticeship will be a lot less difficult than you think :)

9. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And I was looking forward to seeing you in a tutu!

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Stage Managing is JUST as difficult. I dance and do tech work too (stage manage and lights) so I can see it from both sides.

11. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I'll be there for as long as work and school allows me.

12. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I unfortunately can't commit at this time. I'm currently scheduled to be out of the nation and as such out fo touch.
    If I end up having to scrap those plans due to tentative factors present here, I will be able to dedicate ample time to the line if wanted.

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The line just won't be the same without Duker sleeping on the ground in a fetal position, with high school girls laughing at him. Hopefully things will work out that you can be at the line, but a trip is also good.

Now might be a good time to start getting feedback on what you guys liked and disliked about the previous lines. Any comments or suggestions will be helpful in making the EPIII line an even bigger success!

14. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    You might want to post that request in a new thread Adam.

15. Tiger_A_K

Tiger_A_K Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Greetings Exalted Ones

I lined up for Episodes I and II in Mississauga and it was a blast. We had enough food, chairs, music and fun for everyone.

The only thing we could have used were TV's so that we could watch the original trilogy.

Have any of the Toronto Long Lines had extension cables and/or TV and VCR access?

If so, I may bring the Mississauga Line to Toronto.

16. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I don't know if we have power but I have a portable DVD player

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

17. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    oh cool, someone going to bring the dvds then?

18. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I have the DVDs also so I guess i can bring them too.

19. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004

[image=http://www.mg501.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10016/normal_swhomepage1.jpg]

Classic...

20. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    oh, you scared me.... I was thinking "It's not true! That's impossible!" (Luke, ESB) Then I remembered what day it was, and laughed.

21. Jedi_Jah

Jedi_Jah Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey All, I saw the trailer last night when I went to see Sin City. To say that I'm excited for Star Wars again would be an understatement.

I was dispointed with the last two movies and didn't want to build up the hype in my head for the final film as I didn't want to get let down agian. But let me say after I saw that trailer last night... This movie ... damm it looks good !!

I was at the Eposide II line and I was the one who came by with fresh made lasanga, if that strikes a cord with anyone.

May 19th can't come soon enough.

May the Force be with you all.

22. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Ah! I think I remember that, actually :)
    Hope you can come and line up for more of it this time!!

23. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    i would love to be part of the line :D
    i can be there everyday
    should i went with a custom or just the day of the premiere??

24. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Costumes can be good in the line during the day closer to the time of the show, media will be out in force (no pun intended) on the last day. but if yer staying there over night, leave the costume behind unless it packs well or wears well. if its a suit of storm trooper armor leave it at home, armor will be cold and hard to suit up and off

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I missed Lasagna at the last line!? Dang. It must have been on a day that I was alseep or really really out of it. Passing up lasagna is not something I do often.

The line works great because you can line up for as long as you can. You don't have to be there all the time, and you are free to come and go as you please. There will be a minimum time to guarantee a spot with the group, and a maximum grace period where you can leave the line (grab a bite to eat, change into a costume, etc). We'll post with those details once they are decided on. We are a really easy going group.

So, I hope the idea of lining up for a week isn't overwhelming people. It's really relaxed and it's just a lot of fun. I don't think anyone is taking it too seriously. If it wasn't fun, we wouldn't be doing this for the third time!

The group organizing the line, will be posting with an update within the next week or so on the current status of the line and what still needs to be done.

It would be great if we could get a couple gatherings going before the line starts on May 13th, to give all of those who haven't met a chance to introduce themselves.

As for costumes, most people wear their costumes on the first and last days of the line - but, it's always fun when someone shows up in costume during the middle of the line. So, feel free to wear it whenever you like. :) Darth2-D2 makes a good suggestion, bringing a change of clothes, to protect the costume, is a good idea.

Anyway, just wanted to give a brief update on things. We're getting closer and closer, it's going to be a lot of fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.