main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TORTURE?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Diogonese, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diogonese

Diogonese Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    ...okay, our heroes are captured on Cloud City, and things look pretty bleak. Vader is torturing them so Luke will "feel" their suffering, and come to the rescue. Han Solo, is strapped to a torture device, that sparks, and shocks, and looks altogether unpleasant. Chewbacca gets his sensitive wookie ears blasted by piercing sound waves, and Threepio is blown to bits. Leia experiances the ultimate horror, as she is forced...to change her clothes. Now I don't know about you, but to me, something seems a little out of balance here. Was George Lucas trying to suggest that something more went on behind the scenes, or, IS the worst torture you can devise for the princess, making her wear unflattering, frumpy clothing? "No, NO! I'll do anything, just don't make me put that awful padded jumpsuit back on!"

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!! [face_laugh] That could very well be possible. :p

Seriously, there are some sources(I believe it was the Radio Drama)that mentioned that Leia's torture was watching Han being shocked on that device(the name escapes me at the moment). And with the way their relationship was developing, I could see that happening.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I could see that being torture for her but... that doesn't explain why she changed clothes. Maybe the horrible sight made her wet herself? :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Well, I'm cringing for even thinking this, but...

... I can only think of one reason for Leia having been forced to change clothes, and it implies that she was at least partially unclothed at some point. Meaning the torture would have been physical... or sexual.

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I heard that an edited line after:

HAN: They never even asked me any questions.

Leia replies "They were asking me 'Who's your daddy?' over and over!!!

:eek: ;)

I couldn't resist!!! :)

6. JediNdaCity

JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Interesting observation. I guess the big question would be when did she exactly change clothes. And the bigger question is who told her to change clothes. Vader?

Vader: Take that sexy stuff off and put on some clothes like you got some sense!

Seriously, It may be visual symbolism that just when she finally can dress and feel like a real woman, she is forced to revert back to her miltary mindset again and fight. Depriving her once again of her womanhood.

7. Diogonese

Diogonese Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    ...no, I think Vader just knows exactly how to make Leia suffer. Remember, he held her captive on the Death Star for days, and never once let her change out of that white dress. If she's anything like her mother, she NEEDS to change her outfit, at least three times a day. I think putting her back in the filthy jumpsuit she'd been wearing since the Hoth escape, WAS the worst thing he could come up with. Wearing grungy clothes was Leia's greatest fear. VADER: "Take Captain Solo and the wookie to the torture chamber, and bring me the underwear the princess was wearing when she arrived here". LEIA; "Noooooooo!"

8. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I believe the ESB novel refers to Leia looking somewhat mistreated when she was shoved into the cell on Cloud City. There's also a reference in on of the EU novels that states she and Han were both tortured by Vader on Cloud City.

Nothing specific otherwise, though I can't say I believe she was gang banged by Vader's stormtrooper platoon.

9. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    VADER: I see the way you strut around here, all dressed up like a floozy! Now you change into something with more padding, or you're not leaving this torture chamber, young lady!

LEIA: Yes, sir...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.