main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Transformers Discussion Thread (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Transformers Set Photos & Report!

Scooper 'handz510' is back, this time with some great photos of the Transformers set at the Hoover Dam, where the production filmed on Thursday and Friday:

As you know, we were extras for the Transformers movie as tourists. It was very hot and LONG, but I did get some good pictures of the actors. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get anything real "juicy" on camera, but I do have some plot details (spoilers) and some VERY interesting tidbits.

We were talking to one of the crew members, who was REALLY nice by the way, and the person gave us the low down on what was happening. Well, the Hoover Dam is a cover up for an underground military area called Sector 7, which is where John Turturro and the Sector 7 commandos come into play. She also informed us that down below the dam, within the reactors and what not, they had captured Bumblebee! He was cargo net'ed down onto a flatbed, which was connected to a railway system.

Some of my co-workers were Army Medic extras and told me that Bumblebee looks AWESOME! They said that if he was to be stood staight up, he'd have to be at least 25-feet-tall. That's right, they have built a full sized Transformer! The crew member also informed us that this was the only Transformer that they have actually built, as the rest will surely be CGI.

2. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I get less and less enthusiastic, everytime something new drops about this film.

3. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Transformers the movie....
    I weep for humanity.[face_plain]

4. Krayt_Wyrmrider

Krayt_Wyrmrider Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I can't understand why. Are you sure you read this:

Some of my co-workers were Army Medic extras and told me that Bumblebee looks AWESOME! They said that if he was to be stood staight up, he'd have to be at least 25-feet-tall. That's right, they have built a full sized Transformer!

Okay, so he's a Camaro now. But I'm thinking they'll balance things out somehow. Wolverine in the comics was a midget. In the movie, he's about 6'3", but Hugh Jackman made him come to life.

The cast list looks good I think. But that's no guarantees I guess. John Voight was in Anaconda, Michael Clarke Duncan was in Daredevil... But Shia LeBeouf is a promising indicator of things.

It is a bit ominous that they still haven't announced the cast of voiceovers, but I'm sure their visual counterparts are going to look good, considering the quality of the render in the teaser. You notice how it's so full of character...

And it's been stated already, but Michael Bay directing giant fighting robots... It fits like the pants of a man with five penises. Like a glove.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    that's one of the things i'm getting nervous about. is if they're still planning on using the original voice actors from the cartoon in the movie

6. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    They are going to do whatever the equvilant of a screentest is, for the original voice actors.

So, chances are that a least a few of the original voice cast will be involved. Not that it would be very hard to duplicate the voices, with the digital technology that is available today.

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Nimoy for Optimus again please

I don't care about anyone else

8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Huh? Leonard Nimoy provided the voice for Galvatron in the 80'S Transformer movie. The voice of Optimus Prime back then was Peter Cullen.

Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are the two I want to return.

As for the rest of the cast, I must say I very much dislike Jon Voight and Michael Clarke Duncan. Duncan especially. I hated him as the Kingpin in DareDevil. I hate him in just about every movie. He just sucks.

EDIT: Yeah yeah, he was okay in the Green Mile. But everything else of his sucks. :p

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Transformers Teaser Launch Details

Superhero Hype! has confirmed that the teaser trailer for director Michael Bay's Transformers will debut online first at the official website on July 4th (it is what the clock is counting down to on the site). Then the teaser will play in theaters on most screens with Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on July 7th.

DreamWorks' big screen adaptation, written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, stars Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Jon Voight, Bernie Mac, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, Amaury Nolasco, Kevin Dunn and Ronnie Sperling.

The action-adventure hits theaters on July 4th, 2007.

10. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    It's pretty sad when the best actor in a film is Tyrese.

11. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I predict that after the teaser officially kills our childhoods, and otherwise is ignored, the movie will be rebranded as Snakes on a Transforming Plane.

12. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    :eek:

Oooh! Imagine it - Samual L Jackson as the voice of Jazz!

13. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Mark Hamill should defo get one of the voices!

14. M1911_fan

M1911_fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    Anyone have the number for 911? I need to report a crime. Michael Bay is raping my childhood!

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  16. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    looks great. nice job.

17. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'll ask again. Why am I supposed to be impressed that a Transformer beat up the Mars Rover?

18. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    You're not. That part is not supposed to impress you. It's supposed to set up the movie/ create interest/ whatever.

They'll try to impress you in the real trailer and then during the actual movie.

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Roland is such a negative nelly.

20. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I can't get onto the site.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I don't think it did any of those things. Seeing just one car/jet/truck transforming would have been everything.

22. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    I'm sure there will be a better teaser, before a full trailer is released. Which, is not to say the movie will turn out good.

23. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I Wonder if Mars will be in the movie, or just in the Teaser for show?

Cool, I LOVE Transformers...

Maybe we will get A bunch more trailers before the movie comes out next year.

I predicate another Teaser trailer by December/Holiday time and Hasbro will sell a TONS of Transformers toy along the same time!

She is in the movie!!

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/7826/M_Fox-HopeFaith01hd-DL.jpg

HOT!

24. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Why, are the Decepticons going to transform into a sorority in the film?

25. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Because.