main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LawgSkrak, Jun 20, 2010.

1. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    So this comes out on Tuesday, but apparently some Sears outlets released it on Friday. Has anyone played yet? I'm hearing nothing but good things about it, and can't wait until Tuesday (even though, as usual, my crappy town probably won't have one lousy copy until 3 or 4 weeks after release date).

If it does actually show up I'll be grabbing it for the XBox 360.

2. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Already preorded. Been waiting for a decent TF game for a loooong time :D

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    The multiplayer demo is fun, but the campaign will make or break it for me. I haven't seen any reviews yet, so you'll have to let me know how it goes. [face_thinking]

4. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    There are tons of ppl over on TFW2005 boards who already have it, and they are enjoying the hell out of it. Tomorrow's the big day (hopefully).

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The demo didn't impress me the least bit, which makes me think either the developer didn't put much thought into the MP component of the game...or the final product will definitely be lacking somewhat. I'll have to read some positive reviews in order to convince me to plunk down $$ into this game.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, to be honest the multiplayer demo has really put me off.

7. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Basically how I felt. The only "cool" thing I saw/heard was Peter Cullen doing the v/o for Optimus.

8. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Got it. The game is officially AWESOME!!! Campaign is the best part, but the multiplayer, while not as fun as Halo or anything, is pretty fun.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Funny that this game is already out and I can't find any reviews for it on all the major sites (IGN, GameSpy or Gamespot). If some of you're saying this is awesome, I guess I can be kissing the wild west (RDR) goodbye in favor of some good ol giant ****in' robot in disguise on giant ****in' robot in disguise action.

10. Todca_Muoak

Todca_Muoak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    IGN gave it a 9.0

11. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Good find, the only review I found was from Gamesmaster which I haven't read since the 1990's. (83% btw, IIRC)

12. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I almost fell of my bed when I read that. I'm literally shocked. May have to check this out.

13. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    Loving the campaign. Feels like an old G1 ep prequel with Gears gameplay. No cover mechanic but it's okay because I constantly feel like I gotta MOVE. I find myself transforming continuously to take advantage of the speed boost and then transforming right in front of an enemy to deliver a killer melee stab and then zip across the map to do it all again. Great sound, though it's a real tragedy Chris Latta couldn't voice Starscream again@};- . Loads o' robot fun, really hoping for a sequel set on '80s Earth using this engine!

14. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Another positive review: http://kotaku.com/5569679/transformers-wars-for-cybertron-review-now-light-our-darkest-hour

Looks like I might be getting this.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    :eek:

[face_hypnotized]

:D

Oh yeah. Goodbye, Wild wild west...hello Cybertron!

16. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    I'm beginning to think that, as well.

I'm tempted to pick this up. Or Toy Story 3, both of which pulled surprise scores.

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Picked up my PS3 copy, along with a Shockwave code, from Gamestop today. Only finished playing through the first Autobot chapter so far, but pretty good game. Now, this is how someone should use the Transformers license! =D= If only the movie had used these designs.

The designs are fantastic, as anyone who has seen even one trailer should know, and there's really a whole Great War atmosphere to the game, with mass chaos going on. The PS3 requires a install, though, just to mention. Sadly when you transform you mainly hover, even for the Transformers that have wheels in their alt modes, but considering how frustrating some wheeled vehicles can be *cough*Mako*cough*, I think of that as mostly a good thing, considering how transforming for a speed boost is really useful. I'm liking this game a lot so far, I'm going to see how far I can get in one night.

18. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I always wondered why some Transformers would bother changing into something with wheels, it seemed like a major hindrance when they could just FLY.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    There ARE advantages to being a ground moving vehicle as well as a flying one. And let's face facts, Optimus Prime woudn't have been half as awesome if he could change into, say, a jet rather than as a big muthafrakkin truck!

20. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    This game is awesome. Fun to play, and lots of nostalgic moments. I'm really loving me some Soundwave.

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Internal continuity on this is all over the map, but I'd say just look at from the POV that Transformers can't turn into anything that they want. There needs to be some similarity to their Cybertronian alt modes and general overall size and abilities.

Bumblebee can't transcan into an Aircraft Carrier due to his size, and Prime can't transcan into an Aveo based on his size. If a Transformer is ground based he can't simply flip a switch and suddenly have the correct components for flight.

The initial idea was that the Autobots couldn't fly - except for Jetfire who was a Decepticon first. Of course there are countless examples that toss that out the window. One just kinda has to go with the flow.:p

Anyway I picked this game up for the DSI and am enjoying that version well enough. Unlocked Ramjet for multiplayer with the 99871 code, though I won't likely get to the multi-player for a while if at all.

22. -Gundark-

Apr 1, 2010
    I always liked the explanation that the TF's in-universe creators intended the Decepticons to be military goods and the Autobots to be consumer goods. 'Course I never liked the Quintesson's in the continuity, but that's beside the point :p

Funny thing too is, while playing a flying level, I found myself actually wanting to be a wheeled/hover vehicle at certain times.

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    any news on a Wii version?

24. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Sure, it's cool to have a mix of transformer vehicle types, and I suppose it helps them blend more with the civilian population on Earth. But if I were a transformer, I'd definiely want to be a Harrier or Apache or something that hovers. :p

25. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    There is a Wii version out. It came out the same day as the PS3/360 version. It's slightly different from those versions though, and is called TRANSFORMERS: Cybertron Adventures. I'm hearing good things about it, as well, although I haven't played it.