main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Travelling Yoda

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Memphis may do this too. I think we should.

I just wanted to get a general, "Yeah." from everyone before I posted over there. The deadline is July 8.

2. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    idk... i'm not sure I get what they are trying to do...

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It is just for fun. The Yoda gets mailed from FanForce to FanForce--you take a picture of him with some of your Force on an outing, possibly to some touristy thing in the area and then send the Yoda to the next location. The pictures get posted on the net. It is just a fun way to connect the FanForce world-wide.

Memphis is in. We could even drive the Yoda to or from there. Unless the route they plan isn't that linear.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    It sounds like fun :D
    I say, "Why not?"
    Later
    [face_pig]

5. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    ahh i get it... like the roaming knome (or nome however you spell it) for travelocity... except its the traveling yoda or the roaming yoda, lol. Well... sounds cool except where would all of the pictures from each fanforce be collected and connected?

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So, are we goanna try and do it or what?????

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I can pick him up or take him to Memphis if need be. Even might take him to the state line to meet a Fan Forcer from another group to pick him up.

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Okay, I am going to sign up. I will be the contact for this area.

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Alright. I just sent a PM to one of the organizers. Hopefully we will get added to the itinerary. I will update everyone when I know more.

--Jacob

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    -Great to have you guys on board! (Awesome banner, btw). :D

Yes, this is sorta like the Travelling Gnome. Well, I guess it is a gnome, depending on how much you like or dislike Yoda. ;)

Note: Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. Your 2 weeks start the day Yoda arrives and we ask that within those 2 weeks, you show Yoda around, take lots of pictures, don't do anything foolish with him (i.e. Get crazy ideas. Buffalo, NY already wants to send Yoda over Niagra Falls in a barrel, and both Louisiana and Australia want Yoda to have a Close Encounter of the Crocodile Kind!! :eek: ), and finally, to ship him off to the next fanforce.

I will make a note to have Arkansas come either right before or After Memphis gets him. Not sure which it will be yet. :)

I already have contact info, so you guys are good to go! As soon as I have all the contact information in from the other groups (HOPEFULLY this weekend), then I will be planning out his route. Sad to say, Yoda will not be at your part of the world until next YEAR. He will be taking his World Tour first.

A member of the London fanforce will be out here in San Diego with us for a few weeks, and Yoda will be stowing away in his luggage and flying to England. Yoda's tour will begin in England at the end of this month/beginning of next month. From there, he will be touring England, HOPEFULLY meeting Ewan McGregor (the entire point of the tour, lol!), and touring Wales. From there, he will be sight-seeing in France and Germany. He then gets to go all the way to Singapore, then all over the entire Australian continent.

After Australia finishes their leg of the trip, Yoda will enjoy a nice, calm 2 week vacation in the state of Hawaii. Then he gets to come back to California and the US and Canada trip will begin. :)

Thanks again and glad to have you all on board!!

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Sounds awesome! Is he going to Spain? He should go while he's in Europe. I don't know if there is a Spanish FanForce but they have their own official fanclub. I have some contact info from their magazine if you want it.

12. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    does he have a website yet? (btw I am working on finishing touches on ours then on to coding.)

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I asked Spain and no one responded. :(

The website is being constructed. We've had some technical issues, but we're back on task. Though don't expect it to get done until next week. The entire crew will be at the San Diego Comic Con International all week. :p

Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

We're very eager to begin. Thank you for participating!! :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000

So, in the past 6 months, Yoda has:

* Been lost in London for 3 months.
    * Partied like a Brit in Midlands, England
    * Enjoyed the countryside of Wales
    * Had over 10 new fanforces added to his tour (mostly in Europe)
    * Spent the holidays in a French Post Office
    * Got "Returned to Sender" back to Wales

So that takes us up to now. :p We're preparing to send Yoda to France for the 2nd time. Hopefully, he'll stay there this time. :p

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

Thank you for your patience! :D

15. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    yeah the 501st has something like this but it's a Toy stormtrooper that's 12 inches heh we call him tk 0.5

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I asked a month or two ago and we won't see the little guy until sometime in 2007, 8 if he keeps getting hung up in customs and lost in selfish FanForces.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, after 3 tries to send the little guy to France (and failing each time), we have decided to skip France and move on to Germany. The tour is WAY behind schedule, so we hope it will pick up pace and continue on.

Thank you for your patience!

Also, the website is now up in English, Spanish, and German with French on the way! :D

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Did Yoda ever get out of England? Better hope he didn't have any liquids in his "hand baggage."

The website says he's still in Wales. Fraggin' Welch terrorists. We demand the release of all hostages!!!

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Maybe we should all make a t-shirt that says "Free Yoda" and wear them around.

Noboby but a fellow Star Wars Geek would get it...

Heck...They probably won't let him on the plane cause they won't understand what he is...They'll think that he's a bomb.

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    And only a very select few of those... LOL]-}

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    any news on Yoda?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.