main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Show Actors?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hyperion51, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    For the upcoming live action TV show, depending on which known characters are involved, if any, do you think Lucas should try to get the actors from the movies, even if some or all of them where just extras, or would it be best to get entirely new actors and actresses for the show?

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Good question I don't know it depends on if they have talent acting.

3. Tomtrek

Tomtrek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    Wayne Pygram as Tarkin would be a nice addition, I think.

He knows how to act through make-up.

4. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    It might depend on how hard it would be to get the person(s) to sign on. Some actors or actresses, especially extras, may have little, if any actual experience, but may be easy to get signed on. Getting the big boys, such as Frank Oz for Yoda, or Ian McDiarmid for Palpatine/Sidious, might be a little difficult, since they may already have other big projects going, or they may not want to get tied down something like a TV show. OTOH, getting someone such as Amy Allen, for example, to sign on as Aayla Secura, or more likely some other character, might be more possible, since she is supposedly more of a behind the scenes person, and may not have a lot of other things going.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Amy Allen would have a hard time playing a dead character.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Ian might be brought in as a special guest star once or twice.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    If Sids is ever in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series I definitely hope Ian signs on to play him. If Sids is ever in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series I would only expect to see him once or maybe a few times in it since it is going to star minor characters.

7. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    She could be brought in as a completely new character. That, IMO, would be the most likely possibility. Supposedly she was in TPM as an extra, and not as Aayla.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well is she a good actress?

9. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    Hey, if you want the actors from the movies you are either going to hear " No " or " Show me the money ". God I love that quote.

10. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I believe Amy Allen was hired more for her particular look than her acting. If there is a new character in mind it would be easier to find an unknown actress.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I agree.

12. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Other People could play Sidious, he is under so much make up anyway and they could doctor it so he sounds like Ian a tad more than usual.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't know? I'd definitely prefer if Ian played Sids.

14. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    OH YES!!!!
    Don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE LOVE IAN MCD!!!!
    But I don't know if he could do it.
    Maybe for AWESOME guest spots as Sidious you know, like ROTJ type visits.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Sids is probably not going to star in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series because it is going to star minor characters. Sids is probably not going to be in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series a lot. Maybe he will be in it once or a few times. Maybe he will have an occasional guest appearance. Maybe he won't be in it at all but I doubt that.

16. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Just because the new show may focus on other characters, either minor ones from the prequels, newly created ones, or both, doesn't mean that a few familiar faces or names can't show up as a guest on occasion.

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I never said main characters can't be in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series occasionally I just said they are probably not going to star in it since it is going to star minor characters.

18. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005

Ha. True. She didn't have dialogue so she was obviously hired because of her looks. Nice move Lucas.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think they wrote her like a sentence of dialouge in ROTS but it was cut out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.